waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
sunnyinlombardy said:
cool, thanks so much. I didn't see this before.

I'm off to filli out the applications now, and collect all documents. Do I send the sponsor application and the application for my husband together?
yes, you send them together in one package to Mississauga. best of luck!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
I think I have to send them to Rome, right? since we are in Italy
no, it clearly states in the directions that BOTH The applicant and sponsor applications are sent to Mississauga for initial processing. once the sponsor has been approved, CIC will forward the applicant's application to the appropriate visa office. do not sent them to Rome, they will be returned and you will waste a bunch of time.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
First you send it to Mississauga so they can evaluate the sponsor. Once you get a sponsorship approval, then they will transfer your application to Italy

akshya314

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, My husband and I submitted the application forms on the 21st of December. Could you please let me know how long will it take for us to receive the receipt no or the acknowledgement ID/number with which we can check the status of the application?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
akshya314 said:
Hi, My husband and I submitted the application forms on the 21st of December. Could you please let me know how long will it take for us to receive the receipt no or the acknowledgement ID/number with which we can check the status of the application?
it's more than 60 days right now. currently cic is processing OCTOBER applications, so it will still be some time before december applicants hear anything. i would suggest finding the thread specific to december applicants so you can get an idea of when people start receiving word from CIC.

Also, for a majority of applicants/sponsors you will not be able to check application status online until AFTER receiving sponsor approval. the call center will not be able to help you until AFTER you've passed the posted processing time online.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Hi everyone!!!Just want some help or advices. I want to assess my documents in IQAS if i send my original documents will they give it back?Or if i send certified photocopies where I can do to certified my photocopy documents here in Canada?thanks God bless.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
We went to get police certificates for my husband, for Italy there are two, general criminal check and one for any pending criminal proceedings. They are both clear. However, my husband was charged with an offence of leaving the scene of the car accident. The court determined that he was NOT guilty and actually the other driver might get charged for lying and some other things.

When we fill out the background form for my husband, we will yes to the part if he was ever charged and then present the paper that he was not guilty. Is there anything else that we should do or include?

I just find it strange that his charge didn't show on the police certificate. I would think it would at least show up but say that was not guilty. I mean do they do any other background check at the visa office? I just find it strange because we expected that it would show.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
We went to get police certificates for my husband, for Italy there are two, general criminal check and one for any pending criminal proceedings. They are both clear. However, my husband was charged with an offence of leaving the scene of the car accident. The court determined that he was NOT guilty and actually the other driver might get charged for lying and some other things.

When we fill out the background form for my husband, we will yes to the part if he was ever charged and then present the paper that he was not guilty. Is there anything else that we should do or include?

I just find it strange that his charge didn't show on the police certificate. I would think it would at least show up but say that was not guilty. I mean do they do any other background check at the visa office? I just find it strange because we expected that it would show.
how long ago was the charge?

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
how long ago was the charge?
The charge is from 5 years but since Italian courts are so freaking slow, he went to court last year and was pronounced not guilty. I spoke to the embassy in Rome and they said it shouldn't be a problem because he was not convicted. They said he doesn't have to apply for rehabilitation because he was not convicted.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
The charge is from 5 years but since Italian courts are so freaking slow, he went to court last year and was pronounced not guilty. I spoke to the embassy in Rome and they said it shouldn't be a problem because he was not convicted. They said he doesn't have to apply for rehabilitation because he was not convicted.
correct. he wasn't convicted, so there's no crime to be rehabilitated for. that information alone is not going to be a concern to cic. the approval is based on the entire application and as long as the correct information is presented, something minor like that will hardly have an impact. if anything it may just take a bit longer for them to clear the background checks. or it won't. it'll be fine.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
sunnyinlombardy said:
Hi Sunnyinlombardy

Im giving you my opinion based on my experience. My husband was sent to court and charged by the police and the SIA of hiring a doorman without a doorman licence. He was found guilty and only paid a fined of X amount of money. I submitted our application and mentioned the whole case.

According to Canada Immigration, since his case is just a simple thing and although he was found guilty but only paid a fine, it does not present a threat to the country, he was given his COPR. I reckon that since your husband, although he was charge but found not guilty, he will be ok. Canada immigration dont normally take our word for it, they will investigate and they will find out that he was not found guilty and did not go to prison - he will be fine.

If you have any documents regarding his case such docs that states he was found not guilty, maybe you can send that (maybe a certified copy).

Good luck.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
qtazngal said:
Hi Sunnyinlombardy

Im giving you my opinion based on my experience. My husband was sent to court and charged by the police and the SIA of hiring a doorman without a doorman licence. He was found guilty and only paid a fined of X amount of money. I submitted our application and mentioned the whole case.

According to Canada Immigration, since his case is just a simple thing and although he was found guilty but only paid a fine, it does not present a threat to the country, he was given his COPR. I reckon that since your husband, although he was charge but found not guilty, he will be ok. Canada immigration dont normally take our word for it, they will investigate and they will find out that he was not found guilty and did not go to prison - he will be fine.

If you have any documents regarding his case such docs that states he was found not guilty, maybe you can send that (maybe a certified copy).

Good luck.
Thanks so much. We don't have any documents but we'll ask his lawyer to see if he can get it. In any case, I think it's better to send it right away because they might ask for it later.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
Thanks so much. We don't have any documents but we'll ask his lawyer to see if he can get it. In any case, I think it's better to send it right away because they might ask for it later.
yes, this is definitely a situation that it's better to submit everything (and explain it) all upfront. that way you don't waste time later.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, this is definitely a situation that it's better to submit everything (and explain it) all upfront. that way you don't waste time later.
I was just looking at his application, it only asks if he was convicted? Nowhere does it ask if he was charged. Am I missing a form maybe? I thought I saw it somewhere at one point.