canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bunny82 said:
Thank you. So when it comes time to do the application I can get help on here? That would be much appreciated.... so he may get in within 4-6 months? That would be great. I didn't know that he would be allowed in Canada as a visitor being being accepted. I guess he cannot work though until he is? And isn't there a couple stages of approval? After the first approval, he can work, correct?
There is no work permit with an outland app. He will not be able to work until he is a PR.

honeyblossom678 said:
I am a September 2013 applicant. My husband and I applied inland on September 30, 2013.

We sent a work permit along with our application and our lawyer have told us That we are are not eligible for the OWP pilot program.
CIC is currently working on inland apps received August 28th, 2013. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Scroll to the second table.

If you sent an OWP, then you still have status in Canada and are therefore eligible fro the pilot program. That said, you will most likely have first stage approval and receive the OWP as normal before you would receive under the pilot program.

lily1

Jan 8, 2015
Hello Everbody!

I am new to this site and immigration and I have some questions I was hoping you could answer :)

I am sponsoring my husband to come to Canada, I sent the application early November 2014 and I still haven't had a tracking number sent to me.

If he was to apply for a visitor visa before i am approved to sponsor him,and he comes to Canada, would that affect our application?

Is the wait time usually exactly what is posted on the Immigration website?

If i were to quite my job and go to him before i am approved (i know i have a job upon my return) would that affect my application?

Is there any way we can be together during this process without slowing down the application?

Thanks you so much for your help :)

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Hi all, please help me for the below confusions.
My husband is borne Canadian and fulfilling the all sponsorship requirements, he has submitted our application and it has reached to Mississauga on 29th Dec, 2014.

1) just wondering if i can apply for visit visa during the process of my application.
2) how it will impact my application? will they stop the process and will wait for my exit or it will be getting processed like a normal application? in this case do i really need to exit for getting my visa stamped?
3) i seek your advice, do you all senior members recommend to get visit visa or i should wait for the complete process for spousal sponsorship?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
lily1 said:
Hello Everbody!

I am new to this site and immigration and I have some questions I was hoping you could answer :)

I am sponsoring my husband to come to Canada, I sent the application early November 2014 and I still haven't had a tracking number sent to me.

If he was to apply for a visitor visa before i am approved to sponsor him,and he comes to Canada, would that affect our application?

Is the wait time usually exactly what is posted on the Immigration website?

If i were to quite my job and go to him before i am approved (i know i have a job upon my return) would that affect my application?

Is there any way we can be together during this process without slowing down the application?

Thanks you so much for your help :)
This applies to zbaby as well.

You can apply for a visitor visa if you are not from a visa exempt country however, these are often difficult to get for a spouse (but not impossible) as CIC would be concerned that you will not leave the country when required to do so. You need evidence significant ties to your home country (job/house etc) so that you can convice CIC you will not overstay.

Getting a visitor visa and entering Canada will not effect the processing speed of the application but you must ensure that you either return at the end of the visit or apply for an extension. If you plan on staying in Canada during the PR process you would need to ensure that you changed your address to your Canadian address so that you received any correspondence and your COPR can be sent when PR is approved. However, if you are called for interview (assuming its an outland application) you would need to return to your home country to undertake this.

Wait times for the first stage (SA) are generally accurate however, wait times listed on the CIC website for the various visa offices are usually not accurate and it is better to check the particular visa office thread on the forum to see what the average time for processing applications is at the moment. Remember that the quickest processing times are generally based on applications that are complete (not missing any forms, signatures etc) and don't have any 'red flags' such as criminality.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

My GF is a permanent resident but is currently not in Canada and she will not meet the residency requirement to renew her PR card.

My question, is if she want to came back in Canada in the future, what will she have to do to enter Canada (she wont be able to use her PR since it will be expired)?

Thank you

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have just ordered online Receipt for Payment IMM 5401 which will be delivered to my address in about two weeks. Do I take a check for $1,040 along with the completed form to any bank (BMO, TD, CIBC) to make the payment or I can make the payment by card there?

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
vermas said:
I have just ordered online Receipt for Payment IMM 5401 which will be delivered to my address in about two weeks. Do I take a check for $1,040 along with the completed form to any bank (BMO, TD, CIBC) to make the payment or I can make the payment by card there?
you can pay online using your credit card http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Just follow screen instructions. Once you are done CIC will email you receipts. simply print out receipts, and fill in your details.
NB CIC only accepts credit cards to pay online, and you cant use a debit card at all.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
chipolopolo said:
you can pay online using your credit card http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Just follow screen instructions. Once you are done CIC will email you receipts. simply print out receipts, and fill in your details.
NB CIC only accepts credit cards to pay online, and you cant use a debit card at all.
Thanks. I don't have printer at home therefore would like to make the payment at the bank.

ashia

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
brucem said:
Wait times for the first stage (SA) are generally accurate however, wait times listed on the CIC website for the various visa offices are usually not accurate and it is better to check the particular visa office thread on the forum to see what the average time for processing applications is at the moment. Remember that the quickest processing times are generally based on applications that are complete (not missing any forms, signatures etc) and don't have any 'red flags' such as criminality.
Generally maybe they are accurate, but now it is written that first step takes 61 days, and you can see in applicants from october thread that we are very stressed, cuz most of us is around day 76-80 already and still nothing. :)

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
ashia said:
Generally maybe they are accurate, but now it is written that first step takes 61 days, and you can see in applicants from october thread that we are very stressed, cuz most of us is around day 76-80 already and still nothing. :)
Ah that's not good, time for SA is really going up as well then. I think it was about 45 days when I applied back in July.

LilianaPyon

Jul 6, 2014
Spousal sponsorship- IMM1344

Good day!
I have a doubt about question 1 of IMM 1344.
I read the guideline for this application and I do not understand when I can apply for the second option.

Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations
Unquote

Thank you very much

Liliana

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship- IMM1344

LilianaPyon said:
I have a doubt about question 1 of IMM 1344.

Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations
It's asking if you want to continue with the application even if the sponsor is refused. Unless there are some incredibly strong H&C grounds to counter the sponsor refusal (pretty much unheard of on the forum), checking yes to proceed will lead to the entire app being refused.

It's better to check the "withdraw application" box, as you can then get a refund for the majority of the fees, address the issue for sponsor rejection and re-submit the app.

Paki3506

Dec 1, 2014
Hello All,

Pakistani Spousal Immigration App was received by the London office on March 6th, 2014. Since then, the application status showed "Application Received". It has now changed to "IN PROCESS" as of yesterday ... what is the usual timeline after this step?

Thanks All.

chelseahotte

May 26, 2014
Vancouver, Washington.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there!

Super silly to ask because I know it's on the website -
but I figured I'd ask from people who have actually have done this before.
I really don't want to mess up and forget some vital piece of paperwork I need.
I'm from the United States of America, and my husband is Canadian.
We've been together for six years in March, and we've been married for a little over a year.

What paperwork would he need to fill out to sponsor me?
And what paperwork do I need to do for it as well?
Can anyone list the exact name/numbers of the documents?
Please & thank you! c:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseahotte said:
Hi there!

Super silly to ask because I know it's on the website -
Exactly!
but I figured I'd ask from people who have actually have done this before.
I really don't want to mess up and forget some vital piece of paperwork I need.
That's why there is a document checklist included in the application package. ;)
I'm from the United States of America, and my husband is Canadian.
We've been together for six years in March, and we've been married for a little over a year.

What paperwork would he need to fill out to sponsor me?
And what paperwork do I need to do for it as well?
Can anyone list the exact name/numbers of the documents?
Please & thank you! c:
The answers to these questions are answered in the very first thread in the forum...the `sticky' one.
Please don't be fooled into thinking that you cannot submit an Outland application if you are in Canada (as a visitor), because you can and it's substantially faster for an American: ~6-8 months versus ~2 years or more for an Inland application!