+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mariavega

Aug 14, 2014
SAME SITUATION AS ABOVE , are ALL correct to pay (besides the option that im not highlighting which does not apply in my case? )

im about to pay my fees online for spouse sponsorship. So ok is just me who is gonna be sponsored ( no children no relatives). and then it appears all this options..... which of those I have to pay? IM GUESSING THE ONES IN BOLD ARE THE ONES I SHOULD BUT AM I CORRECT? I WAY TOO MUCH MONEY AND I JUST WANT TO BE SURE

Principal applicant (including $75 for sponsorship) $550.00

Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner $550.00

Family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship OR is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition $150.00

Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
PR fees:

Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant fee $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total $1040

ininu

Apr 16, 2014
OK...so, if I send in all my documents of everything to support my application even his criminal clearance & medicals n everything else. do u think that paying the fees once will be better with my application?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ininu said:
OK...so, if I send in all my documents of everything to support my application even his criminal clearance & medicals n everything else. do u think that paying the fees once will be better with my application?
It's always better to pay all the fees upfront, but you can defer the RPRF ($490) until then end of the processing.

It may cause a slight delay in the overall processing time.

ininu

Apr 16, 2014
;D :D ;D ;)

Thank u! I will send in all the information. just a final question. I am a Canadian Citizen by birth.
My husband is out of the country, which one do I use? "IN or OUTland?"

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ininu said:
;D :D ;D ;)

Thank u! I will send in all the information. just a final question. I am a Canadian Citizen by birth.
My husband is out of the country, which one do I use? "IN or OUTland?"
You're welcome.

Since your husband is NOT in Canada, you have no choice; you must send in an Outland application.

The application packages are slightly different for an Outland application, so make sure that you send the correct forms!

rockmi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hi I'm new here. i got my immigrant visa in Canada this month via mpnp. I am planning to go to Canada this coming January. I have a boyfriend of 6 yrs. Since I'm single in my application I cannot marry my boyfriend before landing in Canada because I have to wait for months or even yrs of processing our application. My only option is to land in Canada then go back to my home country to marry my boyfriend then sponsor him. My question is if I land in Canada on January. Will they allow me to go back in my home country to marry my boyfriend? If they will allow me, will I be able to sponsor him immediately as my spouse? How long is the processing time for spousal sponsorship? I hope someone can answer me. Thank you so much

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
rockmi said:
Hi I'm new here. i got my immigrant visa in Canada this month via mpnp. I am planning to go to Canada this coming January. I have a boyfriend of 6 yrs. Since I'm single in my application I cannot marry my boyfriend before landing in Canada because I have to wait for months or even yrs of processing our application. My only option is to land in Canada then go back to my home country to marry my boyfriend then sponsor him. My question is if I land in Canada on January. Will they allow me to go back in my home country to marry my boyfriend? If they will allow me, will I be able to sponsor him immediately as my spouse? How long is the processing time for spousal sponsorship? I hope someone can answer me. Thank you so much
Unless there are rules saying you can't with a pnp resident visa (which I don't think there are) it isn't a problem to land as a PR and then to go and marry your bf and submit the application to sponsor him as your spouse. You will need to return very quickly after the marriage takes place (a week or two) because as a PR, u will need to be present in the province of your pr nomination visa (Manitoba?) . The only thing you may want to wait for before going to get married is your PR card, which you will need to return to Canada. If you don't want to wait that you will have to apply for a travel permit at the Canadian embassy in the country you are getting married in.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
hi,

My spouse PR will expires next June and there is no way to renew it since she was not here and don't have the 2 years out of 5.
I want to sponsor her - can I sponsor her now or have to wait till the card expires?

Thank you all

crazygirl

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June 2013 canada
Doc's Request.
25 june 2013
File Transfer...
22 October 2013
Med's Request
29 August 2014 remedical
Med's Done....
done 01 September 2014, received 04 September 2014
Passport Req..
24 December 2013, receiving email 10 January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
no news, hoping soon
LANDED..........
aeap
crazygirl said:
Hi
m new on this. Kindly help me...i wanted to know few facts. Can anyone help me please?
my husband indian, but Canadian citizen.. He applied in June 2013. Than my file received by CHC, New Delhi in October 2013. Then i received letter to submit my passport in end if December 2013. They received it and as my medical got expired in May 2014, CHC asked me to do re medical in September. I done it and they received it on 4th September 2014. Now i wanted to know how much they're gonna take, as its been long time now, tat m away from my hubby? Please if anyone knows plz do reply.
thanks
kindly reply

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
rockmi said:
Have you at any point lived in the same home with your bf for 1 full year?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2cookies said:
hi,

My spouse PR will expires next June and there is no way to renew it since she was not here and don't have the 2 years out of 5.
I want to sponsor her - can I sponsor her now or have to wait till the card expires?

Thank you all
Even though she has not met the residency requirements, it is possible that she can still keep her PR:

If she manages to get back into Canada, she would just need to stay in Canada for 2 years (not leaving even for one day) to restore her residency obligation.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a question about returned applications. Just had mine returned for an outdated form. Now anyway I have some questions. In the explanation letter they sent me they said that all applications need to have form 1344 August version. That we didn't have so I will update it. But the letter also says 0008 June version. We DID have that version included. Also 5669 December 2012 version. We had that included also. So anyway my question is why would they say we needed all those forms updated when we included 2 of those 3? Do they just send a bulk e-mail with all the returned applications?

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Is anybody here from US who filed outland application and stayed in Canada during the process?

I'd like to know pros and cons.

Thanks

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
freshman said:
Is anybody here from US who filed outland application and stayed in Canada during the process?

I'd like to know pros and cons.

Thanks
My husband is American and stayed in Canada with me during his outland application process. What kind of questions do you have?

He was here as a visitor, so he couldn't work which was a big con but he wouldn't have made much money if he had stayed in the US and worked anyways so it didn't make much difference. He was here with me though, so that was a big pro.