Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
MizAngel said:
My husband is American and stayed in Canada with me during his outland application process. What kind of questions do you have?

He was here as a visitor, so he couldn't work which was a big con but he wouldn't have made much money if he had stayed in the US and worked anyways so it didn't make much difference. He was here with me though, so that was a big pro.
Mizangel,

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if somebody here has filed outland application, stayed in Canada and sent in visitor extension application to maintain legal status in Canada.

Did your husband has to extend his visitor status after 6 months? If yes, did he leave Canada and come back or did he filed visitor extension?

I'm US citizen. I'm here in Canada with my husband and our 8 month old in common. I was gonna do inland application but after seeing processing time for inland and after hearing suggestions from another thread, I'm seriously having 2nd thoughts.

I didn't think I could stay in Canada and file outland application but now I know others have done it.

I also thought the only way to maintain legal status while outland application is in progress is to leave and then reenter.

If I could file visitor status extension application, I think I will file outand. Otherwise I'll probably just file inland. I can't afford to take the risk of not being allowed back in because of the kid.

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
can some one help me i m from pakistan

i am from lahore please help me i am needy
my wife satel in alberta she spounser me in 2011 and my case arrived in 2011 in islamabad
i have sent all realationship proof and my babby born in canada 2007 i did not have seen i still waiting my visa.

when i check my online status all time sow in process

1. application recived in 2011
2. process start in 2014
3. medical result have been recived in 2013 may
4. again remedical assesment after one year may 2014 becoz old medical expired.

and i cheak case status daily (in process)
i to much worried about this all proof have been send even my baby born in canada and my marriege held in 2005 in pakistan and my wife gone in 2007 and she get p r in 2010 and now she sponser me. help me what is the next our realationship is going to panic becoz of delaing immigration thanks reply me
khurram

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
freshman said:
Is anybody here from US who filed outland application and stayed in Canada during the process?

I'd like to know pros and cons.

Thanks
I have been in Canada living with my sponsor during the processing of my Outland application. There have not been any cons other than I am not permitted to work while waiting and that I had to go to LA for an interview. Of course the big Pro is that we are living and enjoying life together during the whole time.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
chala said:
I have been in Canada living with my sponsor during the processing of my Outland application. There have not been any cons other than I am not permitted to work while waiting and that I had to go to LA for an interview. Of course the big Pro is that we are living and enjoying life together during the whole time.
Hi Chala,

Could you please read my reply to MizAngel (2 posts above) and let me know about maintain legal status? Thanks

mariavega

Aug 14, 2014
Hi guys, you have all been very kind, im applying for spouse sponsorship and i currently have an OWP (open work permit), it is a about to expire in a few months, so im applying also for an extension. now i only have a question on this part....

5.- DURATION OF EXPECTED EMPLOYMENT From________ To________

im sure is a commong application to fill out so im hoping someone knows the right answer for this one. thanks a lot again! i don't know how i would be able to figure out all of this without you guys

im also applying for the extension at the same time of my sponsorship and im aware of the OWP being processed after first stage approval (as I would ask)

bajoy

Jul 6, 2013
Hello everyone! I would like to ask about the proof of relationship to sponsor, I'm planning to send our chat messages on skype but it is in our native language but there are some english words too like saying I love you to each other. Should i have the non english conversation be translated to english?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
freshman said:
I was wondering if somebody here has filed outland application, stayed in Canada and sent in visitor extension application to maintain legal status in Canada.
This is quite common and routinely such visitor extensions are granted.

freshman said:
Did your husband has to extend his visitor status after 6 months? If yes, did he leave Canada and come back or did he filed visitor extension?
freshman said:
I'm US citizen. I'm here in Canada with my husband and our 8 month old in common. I was gonna do inland application but after seeing processing time for inland and after hearing suggestions from another thread, I'm seriously having 2nd thoughts.
I wouldn't recommend Inland for anyone from the US unless you have a status issue.

freshman said:
I didn't think I could stay in Canada and file outland application but now I know others have done it.
The CIC website suggests otherwise, but the underlying law and regulations clearly state that you may apply via a visa office Outside Canada - which for US Citizens means "in Ottawa".

freshman said:
I also thought the only way to maintain legal status while outland application is in progress is to leave and then reenter.

If I could file visitor status extension application, I think I will file outand. Otherwise I'll probably just file inland. I can't afford to take the risk of not being allowed back in because of the kid.
You don't need to leave. If they somehow refuse you (not likely) you DO have options.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Hi computergeek,

Your reply is very helpful.

One question - when I send visitor visa extension application, do I need to let them know that i have filed outland application? Somebody from another thread suggested to do that.

(But I think CIC might see it in their system even if I didn't tell them.)

Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
freshman said:
One question - when I send visitor visa extension application, do I need to let them know that i have filed outland application? Somebody from another thread suggested to do that.
If you have received sponsor approval, then it will show up in their own internal system. If not, it's a good idea to include a copy of the "fee paid" receipt for the PR application to demonstrate that you have actually filed something.

So it's worth mentioning: it can't hurt and it helps the visa officer understand why granting your extension is reasonable.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
Hi, i did mp query on my wife case. CHC new delhi replied that it is still pending for the initial review and no change since last query was made by MP. Also suggested to wait till they respond asking not to send query again till we receive response from them.

my file is transferred on march 18, 2014.

Any suggestions. Applied for notes and it will take month to arrive.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
computergeek said:
The CIC website suggests otherwise, but the underlying law and regulations clearly state that you may apply via a visa office Outside Canada - which for US Citizens means "in Ottawa".
Computergeek,

So it means CIC website suggests not to file outland application and remain in Canada. But it seems ok to do that according to underlying laws and regulations. Do I understand it right?

I think I'll be doing outland. I just wanna make sure it's definitely ok, not maybe ok. To me it's a bit odd to apply to immigrate here but wait for the approval right here in the country. I love the idea. It just doesn't seem too logical to me.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
freshman said:
Computergeek,

So it means CIC website suggests not to file outland application and remain in Canada. But it seems ok to do that according to underlying laws and regulations. Do I understand it right?

I think I'll be doing outland. I just wanna make sure it's definitely ok, not maybe ok. To me it's a bit odd to apply to immigrate here but wait for the approval right here in the country. I love the idea. It just doesn't seem too logical to me.
It is definitely ok to apply Outland and stay in Canada as a visitor.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
tink23 said:
It is definitely ok to apply Outland and stay in Canada as a visitor.
Tink23 - Thanks so much for the confirmation!

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Ponga said:
Even though she has not met the residency requirements, it is possible that she can still keep her PR:

If she manages to get back into Canada, she would just need to stay in Canada for 2 years (not leaving even for one day) to restore her residency obligation.

Thanks

her residency requirement are over. like you said she can try renew it but nothing guaranteed!
if this fail then when will be the best time for me to sponsor her?

crazygirl

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June 2013 canada
Doc's Request.
25 june 2013
File Transfer...
22 October 2013
Med's Request
29 August 2014 remedical
Med's Done....
done 01 September 2014, received 04 September 2014
Passport Req..
24 December 2013, receiving email 10 January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
no news, hoping soon
LANDED..........
aeap
Hi
m new on this. Kindly help me...i wanted to know few facts. Can anyone help me please?
my husband indian, but Canadian citizen.. He applied in June 2013. Than my file received by CHC, New Delhi in October 2013. Then i received letter to submit my passport in end if December 2013. They received it and as my medical got expired in May 2014, CHC asked me to do re medical in September. I done it and they received it on 4th September 2014. Now i wanted to know how much they're gonna take, as its been long time now, tat m away from my hubby? Please if anyone knows plz do reply.
thanks