Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello friends,

I got married in August 2013 but did not file my immigration right away.
I applied for Canadian study permit in March 2014 but my application was refused in May 2014 by CHC Islamabad.
Then, I started preparing my sponsorship documents and finally submitted my case in Aug 2014 to Mississauga.
My wife remained with me here in Pak after marriage i.e from Aug 2013 to May 2014.

Now Allah has blessed us with baby boy and he is Canadian citizen by birth. But unfortunately he is not in good health condition.
My wife was to come back to Pak with baby but now doctors have advised us that baby should not travel until the age of 6 months.

I want to visit my wife and child who is critically ill. for that i need to apply visit visa TRV. My question is;
I have already once denied study permit, is it safe for me to apply TRV in this situation while my sponsorship application is still in early stages?
And if I do apply for TRV and my application is refused what effect it has on my sponsorship application?

Please give me your suggestions.

Regards

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Salar123 said:
Hello friends,

I applied for Canadian study permit in March 2014 but my application was refused in May 2014 by CHC Islamabad.
Then, I started preparing my sponsorship documents and finally submitted my case in Aug 2014 to Mississauga.
My wife remained with me here in Pak after marriage i.e from Aug 2013 to May 2014.

Now Allah has blessed us with baby boy and he is Canadian citizen by birth. But unfortunately he is not in good health condition.
My wife was to come back to Pak with baby but now doctors have advised us that baby should not travel until the age of 6 months.

I want to visit my wife and child who is critically ill. for that i need to apply visit visa TRV. My question is;
I have already once denied study permit, is it safe for me to apply TRV in this situation while my sponsorship application is still in early stages?
And if I do apply for TRV and my application is refused what effect it has on my sponsorship application?

Regards
If you already applied for a study permit and it was denied, the TRV will most likely be denied too. I would list he reason of being to see your newborn child (maybe the vo will have some empathy and grant it) however you will need to show strong strong reasons for you to return to Pakistan. Also, since you have submitted a spousal PR sponsorship application, explain that you are doing thigs the right way and don't intend to over stay or ruin goings for your Pr application. Chances are slim, but hopefully it goes through. It won't have a negative affect on your pr application. They are seeing at you want to spend time with your wife and child.

bhupinder8288

Mar 14, 2013
I applied for my wife. I paid landing fees on june16 ,2014. But they did not ask for passport and I m still waiting for their reply .CIC shows recieved my file on 4 april 2014. My immigration office is New Delhi.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Vieronka said:
thank you all for the reply...now I just do not know if my husband Canadian by naturalization is going to sponzor me and children are born to Canadian citizen..we applied for citizenship certificate for children but it is in process...after the submission of spousal application if we travel to visit husband and father...do children may have problem if the do not have the Canadian passport yet?If I will inform on the border that we applied and my husband is approved as a sponzor for me ...?what do you thing...would that be all right?or is it better to wait till we receive the certificate for children and then the passports and for me the PR approval?the problem is the time of course...:)who knows how long it would take...
I can only help with the children passport part of this question:

My daughter received her Canadian passport almost right after she was born. We applied for her citizenship card at the same time, but only got that like 6 months later. So, I think you should be able to apply for their passports - your husband just needs to send ID proving he is Canadian and you can explain that you have applied for their citizenship card.

Shannel14

Jun 23, 2014
Hi
I gave my passport to the embassy in Santo Domingo 3 weeks ago as they requested (no interview was made or requested). Still no call or email. Does anyone know the current wait time?

This waiting is killing me :( :( :(

Thanks!

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I sponsor my spouse along with OWP and now she enjoying the implied status from last week. As her visa expired by the end of this month and along with her Alberta health care. What you people suggest. Is it wise to apply for visitor visa or not. Any suggestion in this regard highly appreciated.
Or its not wise to apply for it, because due to any reason if visitor visa rejected than i am not sure that if she still have implied status.

TJETZ

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2014
tink23 said:
Have you submitted the sponsorship application?
Yes we have been approved for sponsership. Our documents are "in process".

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
TJETZ said:
Yes we have been approved for sponsership. Our documents are "in process".
They are reviewing your application. They may need to check them numerous times. After they have done that they will decide if they need more answers and schedule an interview, or if they decide everything is good, they will request your passport to put a visa inside (if you are not from a visa exempt country) and they will either tell you to come pick up your passport and COPR or they will mail it to you. Once you have your passport and COPR then you can land as a PR.
Here could be a long wait between in process and decision made, or it can be quick. You can gauge the timeframe based on your visa office and when you submitted the application.

TJETZ

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2014
Can anyone believe that I was just sent a letter from CIC stating they need more documents to "assess" the decision of my wife's Permanent residence...There were two things they asked for...The first was "Her original baptism certificate"?? Are they serious. What difference does that make if she was or wasn't baptized or even have a certificate....isnt Canada a free country and have freedom of religion???? Im appalled that they would even ask this or have anything to do with religion on the forms. How would this even matter or affect anything to do with the assessment process. Unbelievable!!!!
The second was "Original NSO copy of advisory on marriages" really?? We also needed that before we could even register our marriage and get a Marriage certificate which we sent with the application..wouldnt they already no this and if they want these forms why dont they ask for them on the checklist!!
Also unbelievable!! I am blown away by our immigration policies. It seems all the papers we sent from the checklist and the 500 photos and 15 flights and passport stamps , 5 years of us being together and months i spent there are not enough for them to decide if our relationship is legit!
Extremly upsetting yet The sad part is in the end we will send it and jump through all the Red Tape hoops they put in front of us in order to process everything but its unbelievable. :mad: :mad: :mad:

TJETZ

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2014
tink23 said:
They are reviewing your application. They may need to check them numerous times. After they have done that they will decide if they need more answers and schedule an interview, or if they decide everything is good, they will request your passport to put a visa inside (if you are not from a visa exempt country) and they will either tell you to come pick up your passport and COPR or they will mail it to you. Once you have your passport and COPR then you can land as a PR.
Here could be a long wait between in process and decision made, or it can be quick. You can gauge the timeframe based on your visa office and when you submitted the application.
Yeah, we are processing from philippines, i know its long :( :( !! I was hoping someone would know what the "Permanent resident kit" is though that they say they will send if a positive decision is made.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
TJETZ said:
Can anyone believe that I was just sent a letter from CIC stating they need more documents to "assess" the decision of my wife's Permanent residence...There were two things they asked for...The first was "Her original baptism certificate"?? Are they serious. What difference does that make if she was or wasn't baptized or even have a certificate....isnt Canada a free country and have freedom of religion???? Im appalled that they would even ask this or have anything to do with religion on the forms. How would this even matter or affect anything to do with the assessment process. Unbelievable!!!!
The second was "Original NSO copy of advisory on marriages" really?? We also needed that before we could even register our marriage and get a Marriage certificate which we sent with the application..wouldnt they already no this and if they want these forms why dont they ask for them on the checklist!!
Also unbelievable!! I am blown away by our immigration policies. It seems all the papers we sent from the checklist and the 500 photos and 15 flights and passport stamps , 5 years of us being together and months i spent there are not enough for them to decide if our relationship is legit!
Extremly upsetting yet The sad part is in the end we will send it and jump through all the Red Tape hoops they put in front of us in order to process everything but its unbelievable. :mad: :mad: :mad:
They might be questioning her identity if she had a late birth registration. I know in the visa office for Dominican Tepublic (my husband's country) if someone was registered late at birth (more than 3 months after being born) then they would need more proof of identity. A baptismal certificate is one they would ask for, as well as school records, to help prove their identity. It could be he same for there, especially if your wife was registered late for birth.

As for resident kit, I have no idea what you're talking about. What you get when approved for Pr is your passport with the visa in it and the COPR paper. That's it.

Since they're asking for more documents you probably have a long while to wait.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
arnina84 said:
That is great. I also sent the 08-2014 form (but proactively).

How did you learn they have received it? Did you receive a delivery notice from the post service company or an acknowledgement of receipt from CIC?

You were lucky. I heard some applicants received their whole package back for not using the recent updated form IMM1344 (08-2014).

Cheers
Learnt through mail courier service, now waiting for SA :)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
TJETZ said:

They are trying to further prove her identity something in her identity documents just have made them question it. I really don't think it has anything to do with her religion.

Did you have previous marriages? Was your marriage in DR? Could that be why they are asking for the "Original NSO copy of advisory on marriages" ?

It could also be that it is required for applicants from DR. Every country has different requirements.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Salar123 said:
Hello friends,

Regards
Once you have sponsor approval, you should apply for a TRV. In addition, you should ask (in writing) that if they deem you are inadmissible (the reason they refuse a TRV) that you be considered for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) under the "early admission" category. The basis of this would be the H&C needs of your family in Canada - you should include information about the health condition of your child and something from your wife indicating her desire to have your assistance in Canada. While the VO won't consider your needs, the best interest of your child and wife are valid H&C reasons for issuing a TRP. Note: there is a $200 fee for a TRP application. Typically there is no separate form to fill out and instead you make your case directly. If the TRP is granted, they will also issue you a TRV.

If the TRP is granted for more than six months, you may apply for an open work permit once you are in Canada (a 6+ month TRP makes you automatically eligible for an OWP).

If the TRV is granted, they won't process your TRP request and should refund the $200 fee. Since you have previously been refused a TRV, you could just apply for a TRP.

This is because a TRP "overcomes" a finding of inadmissibility (again, that's why they refused your study permit). So until you've been found inadmissible (e.g., refused) you can't ask for an exception.

Search for "OP 20" on the CIC website for the CIC manual on Temporary Resident Permits. See the section on "Early Admission".

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I sponsor my spouse along with OWP and she will enjoy the implied status once her study permit expired by the end of September. As her visa expired by the end of this month along with her Alberta health care.
What you people suggest. Is it wise to apply for visitor visa or she also has option to extend her study permit (but less chances to continue the study) to extend alberta health coverage. If any of this visa extension rejected than whats its impact on her sponsorship application with OWP. Any suggestion in this regard highly appreciated.
So my question is can i go for visitor visa or study permit or remain silent and enjoy implied status.