Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Azura said:
It is a closed work permit for just 1 company.
In that case, once you apply for PR and submit your OWP along with the application, you will have implied WORK status up until you get your OWP. So even if your current work permit expires during stage 1 PR processing, you can still continue to work for THE SAME COMPANY ONLY, under implied work status. Then when you get stage 1 approval and OWP, you can change jobs if you like.

Azura

Jun 29, 2014
Rob_TO said:
In that case, once you apply for PR and submit your OWP along with the application, you will have implied WORK status up until you get your OWP. So even if your current work permit expires during stage 1 PR processing, you can still continue to work for THE SAME COMPANY ONLY, under implied work status. Then when you get stage 1 approval and OWP, you can change jobs if you like.
Thank you so much Rob_TO! :)

Sep 8, 2014
Rob_TO said:
As you are officially living with your parents, and he is living in his apartment, I don't think you will qualify for common-law. Just staying there a lot does not constitute cohabitation. To actually cohabit both of you must have actually set up your life under 1 roof. So you will need to show things like:
- shared lease agreement, or declaration from the "landlord" of the apartment that you are living there for at least 1 full year
- mail to you sent to his apartment
- shared purchases of household items or utilities
- any shared finances (bank acct, credit card, life insurance, etc) that shows you both have same address
- changing status with CRA for tax purposes from "single" to "common-law" as of the 12th month you lived together

Your difficulty will not be proving your relationship is genuine, it will be proving you truly cohabited for 12 consecutive months.
That made me sad. :(

But thank you so much for the information. I guess we cannot use this route, then. He lived in the same condo for 1 year but 2 different units in that period. The first period was rented to him by the condo and the second period was what I talked about. In both, my name doesn't appear.

Whenever I give him my share for the utilities and household services and repairs, there's obviously no receipt since I just hand him the money.

Marriage is too complicated right now and out of the question. Thanks for all your help, Rob! :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gimikerangtravelera said:
That made me sad. :(

But thank you so much for the information. I guess we cannot use this route, then. He lived in the same condo for 1 year but 2 different units in that period. The first period was rented to him by the condo and the second period was what I talked about. In both, my name doesn't appear.

Whenever I give him my share for the utilities and household services and repairs, there's obviously no receipt since I just hand him the money.

Marriage is too complicated right now and out of the question. Thanks for all your help, Rob! :)
At the end of the day, its the visa officer reviewing your file that you will have to convince. If you feel you can gather enough evidence to satisfy the VO that you were cohabiting for 12 continuous months, then you can certainly try to apply. All I can give is my own opinion based on what you've said but I personally can't say if you will or won't be approved.
If you did want to wait, I would try to make your cohabitation more "official" starting asap.

Azura

Jun 29, 2014
Hi! Please forgive me for another question.. Smiley
When we have the letters from our relatives, landlords and friends. Is it okay that we will be just the one to have it notarized? I am just thinking that I don't want to disturb them much. Or they have to have it notarized in there own place/province?

ininu

Apr 16, 2014
I have been away for a bit here and back into the site!
So please help me on how to go about my sponsoring my husband.
I am currently working and we have 2 children together and been married since 2011.
Do I get him to send me his Criminal Clearance and Health report?
Will he need his Identification and birth certificate as well along with photos and of so how many photos??

Please respond!

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
I have a question about 'providing additional detail about your relationship to prove it's genuine'. I'm the sponsor and I'm currently writing up an essay type document about our first meeting, how our relationship developed (from my perspective), etc., why my husband's parents didn't attend the civil wedding, why we only text each other instead of using calls or video calls, etc. I'm not done but I'm already at my 5th page. Is that too much?

BahamEsh

Sep 10, 2014
Hello! i am a newbie.. I sent my application to Misissauga last September 2013. My husband's sponsorship was approved october 2013. It was less than a month from the time we applied. Just this month, I got the AOR from POS High Commission. I was wondering how come coz the Bahamas is under the jurisdiction of High Commission Kingston, Jamaica. need your enlightenment. I hope that this is a blessing in disguise. Never had a chance to inquire coz the instruction was you have to correspond only if you have any updates. :eek:

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
Thanks God, they have received required IMM1344 form!! Smiley

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
CLYL said:
I have a question about 'providing additional detail about your relationship to prove it's genuine'. I'm the sponsor and I'm currently writing up an essay type document about our first meeting, how our relationship developed (from my perspective), etc., why my husband's parents didn't attend the civil wedding, why we only text each other instead of using calls or video calls, etc. I'm not done but I'm already at my 5th page. Is that too much?
You want to include detail, but you have to remember, as much as you might enjoy reading about the progression of your relationship, a vo won't want to read 5 pages. Hey will probably stop after the first page. Some of these details should have been included in the answers to questions in the forms, so for this additional details about, ONLY include things that have not already been touched on.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tink23 said:
You want to include detail, but you have to remember, as much as you might enjoy reading about the progression of your relationship, a vo won't want to read 5 pages. Hey will probably stop after the first page. Some of these details should have been included in the answers to questions in the forms, so for this additional details about, ONLY include things that have not already been touched on.
Yes and just for comparison, in our common-law app we didn't write any essay. We just stuck to the lines provided in the forms to explain our relationship. But i've also read other people have submitted 10 page essays.

Just do what you think is best. If it's a relatively quick relationship or quick wedding with not many friends/family, then perhaps it's good to explain more in detail. If you've been married 5 years with kids together, you probably don't need any additional info.

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
GISGeek said:
Thanks God, they have received required IMM1344 form!! Smiley
That is great. I also sent the 08-2014 form (but proactively).

How did you learn they have received it? Did you receive a delivery notice from the post service company or an acknowledgement of receipt from CIC?

You were lucky. I heard some applicants received their whole package back for not using the recent updated form IMM1344 (08-2014).

Cheers

jha1526

May 3, 2014
Hello,

Would anybody can give any advice about application status? I am Filipina married with a Canadian guy from Montreal Quebec. I am now in the situation for visa stamping. It said my application has been processed september 5,2014 and now waiting for DM (Decision made) Does anybody know how long will it take to have the DM? and how long will it take to have visa after DM?
Your reply will be appreciated, Thank you so much
Please send me an email maurillo_88@yahoo.com

Lakyboy

Feb 3, 2014
jha1526 said:
Hello,

Would anybody can give any advice about application status? I am Filipina married with a Canadian guy from Montreal Quebec. I am now in the situation for visa stamping. It said my application has been processed september 5,2014 and now waiting for DM (Decision made) Does anybody know how long will it take to have the DM? and how long will it take to have visa after DM?
Your reply will be appreciated, Thank you so much
Please send me an email maurillo_88 @ yahoo.com
I think maybe 40-60 days, not longer. I was waiting 45 days...