+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hey,

thank you for that awesome post.
I have still a question. I am from Germany and currently reside in Canada with a Visitor VISA which is valid for 6 months.
I am about to submit my PR application and have been wondering if also need to submit a Visitor VISA extension or do I get automatically an 'Implied Status' once submitted my PR application.

Thank you already for your help.

Flo

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Flo85 said:
Hey,

thank you for that awesome post.
I have still a question. I am from Germany and currently reside in Canada with a Visitor VISA which is valid for 6 months.
I am about to submit my PR application and have been wondering if also need to submit a Visitor VISA extension or do I get automatically an 'Implied Status' once submitted my PR application.

Thank you already for your help.

Flo
If you're applying Outland, you will need a Visa extension, but if you're going to apply Inland, you'll get the implied status.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ellasg said:
If you're applying Outland, you will need a Visa extension, but if you're going to apply Inland, you'll get the implied status.
For an inland application, implied status only arises when you have a pending temporary status application, not a permanent resident application. Thus, you should include the open work permit application (or study or visitor extension) with the PR application.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys.

So that means (I am applying Inland and my Visitor VISA will expire in 1,5 months) I just need to fill out a VISA extension form, which I can find on the cic-website and then I can stay legally longer then the expiry date?!

fumbler1983

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
28-09-2014
Hello everyone,

We have all of our documents ready to be sent. Just waiting on the option C printout to arrive after several calls now. I just have one last question (for now lol) regarding the photos of myself (the principle applicant) in Canada. When I looked at the specifications it says to be in front of a plain white background. Do I just need a profile pic of myself like I send for visitor extensions? Or do I need to have a landmark in the pic that shows I am in Canada?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
fumbler1983 said:
Hello everyone,

We have all of our documents ready to be sent. Just waiting on the option C printout to arrive after several calls now. I just have one last question (for now lol) regarding the photos of myself (the principle applicant) in Canada. When I looked at the specifications it says to be in front of a plain white background. Do I just need a profile pic of myself like I send for visitor extensions? Or do I need to have a landmark in the pic that shows I am in Canada?
You should go to an official photo place, like Black's, they'll know how to take the photograph and stamp their name in the back, as specified by cic. (They want the photographer's name in the back or something). It's what we did, and it's the safest way to do it I would think.

Udae

Apr 7, 2014
Hello,

I work at CBC, currently working on a story on delays in processing inland spousal sponsorship. Is anyone on this forum currently without medical coverage while waiting for approval in principle, or the first stage of sponsorship to be completed? If so, would you send me a personal message to Enza.Uda@cbc.ca?

I'm also trying to reach screech339. I'd like to know more about the spreadsheet compiled -- 2012 Inland Applicant. Please email me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Enza

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Udae said:
Hello,

I work at CBC, currently working on a story on delays in processing inland spousal sponsorship. Is anyone on this forum currently without medical coverage while waiting for approval in principle, or the first stage of sponsorship to be completed? If so, would you send me a personal message to Enza.Uda @ cbc.ca?

I'm also trying to reach screech339. I'd like to know more about the spreadsheet compiled -- 2012 Inland Applicant. Please email me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Enza
I applaud you, if this is a legitimate post.

I had a pretty difficult fight with HIBC, but I did get coverage prior to AIP, based on the `deemed residency' language of the Medicare Protection Act, combined with BC Health's own website criteria for eligibility...which they seem not to fully understand!

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
My husband will b going soon for his first medical test that should b semt with the application form as he is pakistani should he b mailing the medical test report to islamabad or london? If islamabad then can sumone conferm me the address as few agent in canada told me on help line that for pakistan the process is in london
can anyone help on police certificate of saudi arabia specoally if ur not living therre?

faH

Apr 2, 2014
Ponga said:

I had a pretty difficult fight with HIBC, but I did get coverage prior to AIP, based on the `deemed residency' language of the Medicare Protection Act, combined with BC Health's own website criteria for eligibility...which they seem not to fully understand!
I'd be most interested to hear more details on how you managed to get coverage prior to AIP with HIBC. I am just starting to deal with HIBC on this for my spouse and the language on their website is somewhat vague. Thanks.

Udae

Apr 7, 2014
Ponga said:

Yes, this is a legit post. Thanks for your feedback. I encourage you and anyone who has had difficulty obtaining health coverage while waiting for sponsorship to email me directly with details at Enza.Uda@cbc.ca

gloryheart

Feb 24, 2014
I have a question pls I need your advise.
My husband declared in his data that he has a daughter.But still it is a query if he really owns the child.He sponsored me alone without accompanying the said child.Hence, he has no legal proof that he is the biological father but he supported the child financially.I asked him why he included the child he replied that he don't want to give fake information and once proven that he is the biological father he might lost the chance to petition her.But what if he is not the one? Is that consider as falsification of information? Any case charge on him? Also, upon my Passport request it was also included for a written explanation about the biological mother her identity and relationship from my husband.By, it was just a one night stand they don't have any intimate relationship.
Im lil bit worried if this would affect for the releasing of my visa.I Hope anybody can give me a piece of advice. Thank you

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All forum members,

In form IMM 5669 Background/declaration,
how shud i answer question no. 5 Mothers details
My mother in law uses her surname - family name thats the same as my father in law.....Both have same surname in their passports my spousal's paternal surname
But In form asks for MOTHER'S FAMILY NAME "AT BIRTH" ....she have not used any family name from parents.....
after her marriage she used father in laws family name

plz help....

thanks in advance..

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
gloryheart said:
I have a question pls I need your advise.
My husband declared in his data that he has a daughter.But still it is a query if he really owns the child.He sponsored me alone without accompanying the said child.Hence, he has no legal proof that he is the biological father but he supported the child financially.I asked him why he included the child he replied that he don't want to give fake information and once proven that he is the biological father he might lost the chance to petition her.But what if he is not the one? Is that consider as falsification of information? Any case charge on him? Also, upon my Passport request it was also included for a written explanation about the biological mother her identity and relationship from my husband.By, it was just a one night stand they don't have any intimate relationship.
Im lil bit worried if this would affect for the releasing of my visa.I Hope anybody can give me a piece of advice. Thank you
I am not qualified to give legal advice but interested in giving my opinion. So first, is your husband a Canadian citizen or PR sponsoring you from Canada? It seems by what you are saying that he has been approved as sponsor. Is the child he supports from Canada or in another country? When they requested a letter of explanation, they likely just want to know that he is prepared to follow through with his new commitment. Best policy is to be honest in the letter and provide proof if possible. For example: does he claim this support on his income tax? Does he communicate with the child? Just explain as best as possible. The CIC people are humans with hearts, souls, and intelligence - they can figure things out. Take care.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
elegant.heena said:
Hello All forum members,

In form IMM 5669 Background/declaration,
how shud i answer question no. 5 Mothers details
My mother in law uses her surname - family name thats the same as my father in law.....Both have same surname in their passports my spousal's paternal surname
But In form asks for MOTHER'S FAMILY NAME "AT BIRTH" ....she have not used any family name from parents.....
after her marriage she used father in laws family name

plz help....
They are only asking for her family name at birth so her father's name (as on her birth certificate) and of course her given first name. It shouldn't matter what her married name is there in question 5.
thanks in advance..