07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Degi said:
i'm about to send my application, my husband is sponsoring me. and the question is should we send out the application separately or together? its a big pile of files since i included all the supporting documents of our relationship, so would this be okay or not?
It all has to be sent at once or they might just send it back for being incomplete. Normally the applicant sends their parts to the sponsor in Canada so everything can be put together and sent. I think our application was about 2 kg in total. It barely fit into a box that you buy 500 sheets of paper in.

You are better to ask your questions in a separate topic, rather than using this one because it's hard for people to know whether questions you put in here have already been answered.

fumbler1983

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
28-09-2014
Does anyone know if I need to apply for visitor extensions after I receive my OWP for inland spousal sponsorship. Someone said that sending my OWP application with my PR application grants me implied status and I do not. Does anyone have confirmation of this?

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
eemsley said:
I am sitting here excited about my spouse arriving in about 4 weeks. Still checking in on the forum because of habit I guess. Note that we experienced the same thing, nothing on line except "application received". Well much to our surprise, my spouse received a call March 13th, not an emailed, from CIC in Manila. The officer told her to bring her passport in to the Makati office right away to have her visa stamped and receive the PR confirmation letter. She was told the visa had to be used before May 26. So the point is. Enjoy the information and support on this forum, but do not get too hung up on the process. They seem to be working hard to speed things up. It wasn't until about three days after my spouse received her visa and PR confirmation letter that the online status was changed to DS. Never said in process. Take care.
Thank you.

Apr 5, 2014
Interview next week!!

Hello all -

My husband and I submitted a spousal application in July 2013. He now has an interview next week, and I am going to meet him in Port of Spain to attend the interview. I am hearing mixed things on both parties attending the interview - should I not be going? I am nervous and unsure of what to expect.

I know there may be some flags... he applied previously from within Canada with his first wife, there was also a PRRA done and then a removal order, which he adhered to. We've been together for the better part of a decade and were married several years before we applied, so I'm sure there won't be an issue proving that our relationship is valid. Just a little nervous on what to expect and what they may have doubts about and need to clarify...

Also, when he is approved... will they issue a visa that day, will he need to return to Trinidad (from Dominica) .... how does this work?

Any advice is much appreciated - thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
soulful_wala said:
Hi everyone,
My husband received his visa today. But they didn't include his first name on it, only his last name. I think this is because his last name is very long and there is not enough space to also include the first name. Do you think that will create a problem for him at the airport?
You should contact the airline and ask them if they will permit him to board with that visa. The visa is needed to get TO Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (which hopefully has his full name on it) is needed to become a permanent resident. Thus, the airline will control if they permit him to board the flight, and CBSA will be interested in the COPR.

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
Hiii
Can anyone tell me dat at da time of medical we give our blood for some Tests ....anyone know dat does dis blood test include HEPATiTUS-B. ?
And if a person hep-B positive at da time of medical..then wht effect create on file..
Plzz guys tell me
I really thankful to u...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rksandhu said:
Hiii
Can anyone tell me dat at da time of medical we give our blood for some Tests ....anyone know dat does dis blood test include HEPATiTUS-B. ?
And if a person hep-B positive at da time of medical..then wht effect create on file..
Plzz guys tell me
I really thankful to u...
Yes, it may include a test for hepatitis B. If you are positive, it will require further investigation. It is unlikely however to block a Family Class Spousal Sponsorship application in the end. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/ and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
eemsley said:
Just one question. Is there anything on your ecas regarding the sponsorship approval? We did see on our sponsor application section "DM" but again nothing ever on the PR applicant side except "application received" . It sounds like your sponsorship was likely approved and the rest is also close to being processed or in process.
Under SA, it says there DM and for PR side, it's just application received. Im checking the ecas using my UCI number. I'm quite worried if I have to follow up about the file number or just wait for it

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
I am 26 now and i am going to sponsor him as he tried to apply for pr years ago primarily it took the immigration office 6 yr to review his file nd then secondly they refused his application under skill category by only 3 points i am canadian

I am a canadian citizen
And i would like to return above are my concerns if u can help me out
I have another concern..my husband who is pakistani use to live in saudi arabia 6 years ago since then he is in pakistan. the thing is saudia soeant provide police report once u leave saudia they did provide us with a letter explaining it is not possible.
But will this be enough because the saudi embassy in pakistan cant assist us on this matter.
Im worried if this. An b an issue for my husband sponsorship.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
I have another concern..my husband who is pakistani use to live in saudi arabia 6 years ago since then he is in pakistan. the thing is saudia soeant provide police report once u leave saudia they did provide us with a letter explaining it is not possible.
But will this be enough because the saudi embassy in pakistan cant assist us on this matter.
Im worried if this. An b an issue for my husband sponsorship.
My husband will b going soon for his first medical test that should b semt with the application form as he is pakistani should he b mailing the medical test report to islamabad or london? If islamabad then can sumone conferm me the address as few agent in canada told me on help line that for pakistan the process is in london

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Doc123 said:
My husband will b going soon for his first medical test that should b semt with the application form as he is pakistani should he b mailing the medical test report to islamabad or london? If islamabad then can sumone conferm me the address as few agent in canada told me on help line that for pakistan the process is in london
For us it was the doctor who mailed the information, you won't have access to it I don't think. They wouldn't want any tampering. The doctor will know where to send the documents and they will only give you proof that you had a medical. It is usually just one page and you should send it with your application.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
agarand8 said:
For us it was the doctor who mailed the information, you won't have access to it I don't think. They wouldn't want any tampering. The doctor will know where to send the documents and they will only give you proof that you had a medical. It is usually just one page and you should send it with your application.
So then by they as him to bring the address of the visa processing office?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Doc123 said:
So then by they as him to bring the address of the visa processing office?
No. The medical result is put onto the system and only later are the medical and application linked together. That's why you send the medical receipt with the application.

ZaynahOh

Apr 6, 2014
Re: Interview next week!!

canada-dominica said:
Hello all -

My husband and I submitted a spousal application in July 2013. He now has an interview next week, and I am going to meet him in Port of Spain to attend the interview. I am hearing mixed things on both parties attending the interview - should I not be going? I am nervous and unsure of what to expect.

I know there may be some flags... he applied previously from within Canada with his first wife, there was also a PRRA done and then a removal order, which he adhered to. We've been together for the better part of a decade and were married several years before we applied, so I'm sure there won't be an issue proving that our relationship is valid. Just a little nervous on what to expect and what they may have doubts about and need to clarify...

Also, when he is approved... will they issue a visa that day, will he need to return to Trinidad (from Dominica) .... how does this work?

Any advice is much appreciated - thanks.
The advice that I would give you is to GO to the interview. I went to my husband's interview and it went perfectly well. Its good to go because it shows that you support each other and that you're always there for each other. My husband got his visa, but not straight away. He had to renew his medical examinations, but then after that we got it. There's no reason to be nervous, just be yourself and be honest. In terms of the last part of your question, I don't have an answer for you as I'm not familiar with your visa office. Good luck!!

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
zardoz said:
Yes, it may include a test for hepatitis B. If you are positive, it will require further investigation. It is unlikely however to block a Family Class Spousal Sponsorship application in the end. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/ and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp
hey plzz dnt say dat..I didnt want dat they refuse my file...
I hv done my medical on 1july..nd at da time of medical I m 3 months pregnant
Now I take medicine..nd hope for d best it will become negative..

Thank u so much for the information..