Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skystride said:
Hello everyone,

I've read a couple of thread on the topic of Inland vs Outland but I am still confused as to which would be best for my current situation. I would appreciate any advice. This is where I'm at:

I'm a Canadian citizen. I'm marrying a US citizen in March. She wants to live and work in Toronto. Currently she has a job in NYC. Based on what I read so far on this forum, I thought Outland was the obvious choice but then I looked at wait times in NYC and it was 22 months. What do you guys think?

I am also wondering if I can take advantage of "Brain Gain" pilot project in Ontario that states: (She is a Nurse Practitioner)

Our priority is to get her to Toronto and working, the quicker the better. If Inland app means trouble going to USA, that might pose a problem as we are doing a reception in US (August) and she has a lot of family there.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
As per the answers to your other thread, with the same questions, Outland seems like your only safe option. Your bride-to-be can be with you in Canada as a visitor, but would be unable to work.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
SheMax said:
Gudpm po. Ask ko lng po f pano ngccheck online ng status ng app? Ty in advance po

SheMax, what was that??? have no clue what you saying. ???

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hey guys,

Is there a specific list of accredited clinics that CIC will accept? Or you could do the medical with any clinics/hospital available in your local hospital? Thanks :)

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hello All,

I sponsored my spouse last year and status was "Application Received on Sept-18". I checked again today and found it became "2. In process Feb-11 and 3. medical received"
What's the next steps after this? Its a good sign that things are moving right?

Thanks.

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
neochanges1 said:
Hey guys,

Is there a specific list of accredited clinics that CIC will accept? Or you could do the medical with any clinics/hospital available in your local hospital?

Hi :)
Only Panel Physicians
approved by Citizenship and Immigration
Canada can do this exam.
click on the link below and find your approved ones

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

RKBM

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2013
AOR Received.
7-10-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
maronvomra said:
Hello All,

I sponsored my spouse last year and status was "Application Received on Sept-18". I checked again today and found it became "2. In process Feb-11 and 3. medical received"
What's the next steps after this? Its a good sign that things are moving right?

Thanks.
Hi maronvomra exactly when you have applied? september of 2012 or 2013?

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
RKBM said:
Hi maronvomra exactly when you have applied? september of 2012 or 2013?
I applied for her on Aug 2013. Status was application received on Sept 18, 2013.

RKBM

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2013
AOR Received.
7-10-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
maronvomra said:
I applied for her on Aug 2013. Status was application received on Sept 18, 2013.
You are lucky I must say. The next step probably would be they be like asking for your passport(thats what I can say with my limited knowledge)
Best of Luck

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
RKBM said:
You are lucky I must say. The next step probably would be they be like asking for your passport(thats what I can say with my limited knowledge)
Best of Luck
RKBM, thanks for the info. Hope so and hope the same for everyone else here. Living apart from spouse is very painful :( Best of luck to all.

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
Hello,
Sorry but I have 2 questions regarding spousal application. I am a Canadian PR (but Indian citizen) living in Canada. My wife is a chinese citizen living in China. We are preparing the Spousal application to file for her PR. We have prepared most of documents but one thing is confusing me and I cant find clear answer on the forum

Birth Certificate
1) I understand that we need to submit the birth certificate of my wife who is being sponsered. But I am not sure if I need to submit my birth certificate also. Is it required. I dont have my birth certificate with me, and from what I have read, CIC does not accept the one that is issued by Indian embassy. If you can please help me with this.

2) In the application kit it states: "The following documents are required for you, the principal applicant, each of your family members
and your dependent children, if applicable:
• Certificates of: birth, adoption, marriage, divorce, death"

Does this mean, she has to include birth certificate of her parents also. They are not included in our application. The term "family members" is confusing me here.

If you can please answer my questions for the above, I would really appreciate the same

thanks

paquita

Jan 7, 2013
North Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2016
[size=10pt]Hi there, I am Canadian citizen, about to start process to sponsor my Mexican fiance. We were common law for the past 2 years we have a 1 year old girl, and he was sent back to Mexico last week :(. I AM LOOKING FOR SUPPORT. FOR FRIENDS. FOR HELP. I just really need support from people that went through similar situations, or any helpful advice please. Email me Thank you very much. [/size]

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
kan12 said:
Hello,
Sorry but I have 2 questions regarding spousal application. I am a Canadian PR (but Indian citizen) living in Canada. My wife is a chinese citizen living in China. We are preparing the Spousal application to file for her PR. We have prepared most of documents but one thing is confusing me and I cant find clear answer on the forum

Birth Certificate
1) I understand that we need to submit the birth certificate of my wife who is being sponsered. But I am not sure if I need to submit my birth certificate also. Is it required. I dont have my birth certificate with me, and from what I have read, CIC does not accept the one that is issued by Indian embassy. If you can please help me with this.

2) In the application kit it states: "The following documents are required for you, the principal applicant, each of your family members
and your dependent children, if applicable:
• Certificates of: birth, adoption, marriage, divorce, death"

Does this mean, she has to include birth certificate of her parents also. They are not included in our application. The term "family members" is confusing me here.

If you can please answer my questions for the above, I would really appreciate the same

thanks

Since you are a PR in Canada, they already have your details. if you are sponsoring your wife, then you have to provide her(the applicant) Birth Certificate, not yours or any of her family member unless they are applicant too. Please feel free to ask if you still have confusion.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
paquita said:
[size=10pt]Hi there, I am Canadian citizen, about to start process to sponsor my Mexican fiance. We were common law for the past 2 years we have a 1 year old girl, and he was sent back to Mexico last week :(. I AM LOOKING FOR SUPPORT. FOR FRIENDS. FOR HELP. I just really need support from people that went through similar situations, or any helpful advice please. Email me Thank you very much. [/size]
Paquita,
why he had to go back to Mexico?

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
neochanges1 said:
Hey guys,

Is there a specific list of accredited clinics that CIC will accept? Or you could do the medical with any clinics/hospital available in your local hospital? Thanks :)
You must go to the cic designated panel physicians.

Click on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=033&t=4, and choose your designated physician and clinic.