Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You only send a single package, and it goes to CPC-M with both of your sets of documents in it. Therefor, any common documents only get sent once.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
It's been a month since I received PPR. Does anyone know if the visa office notifies you when they send the COPR or should I just keep checking the mail in the next month for it to show up?

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I just had a quick question regarding my application package.

I have finished gathering all the necessary documents and filling out the paperwork. I have also paid for the fees online & printed the receipt. My first question, the receipt I printed have blank spots on the page (Name, Client Date of Birth, Address, Postal Code, Area Code/Telephone No.) -- Do I feel in these blanks with my wife's information? Or do I leave the page blank and CIC fills them in for me?

And second, I am sponsoring my wife using the OUTLAND application; however she is currently living with me in Canada. Does this change where I send my application? There are 2 different offices in Mississauga -- One for "Spouses, Common-Law or conjugal partner and dependent children" or "Spouse & Common Law Partner (currently living in Canada)" ... If I am doing the Outland application, do I send it to the first option?

Option 1
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

OR

Option 2
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Thank you for the assistance.

Sherif

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Outland goes to Option (1)... See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E6

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I just had a quick question regarding my application package.

I have finished gathering all the necessary documents and filling out the paperwork. I have also paid for the fees online & printed the receipt. My first question, the receipt I printed have blank spots on the page (Name, Client Date of Birth, Address, Postal Code, Area Code/Telephone No.) -- Do I feel in these blanks with my wife's information? Or do I leave the page blank and CIC fills them in for me?

And second, I am sponsoring my wife using the OUTLAND application; however she is currently living with me in Canada. Does this change where I send my application? There are 2 different offices in Mississauga -- One for "Spouses, Common-Law or conjugal partner and dependent children" or "Spouse & Common Law Partner (currently living in Canada)" ... If I am doing the Outland application, do I send it to the first option?

Option 1
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

OR

Option 2
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Thank you for the assistance.

Sherif
Outland application and if you send by any courier including Xpresspost then send to the following address :

Sponsorship: (type of sponsorship*)

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Becareful to write " Sponsorship : Spousal " at the top of address.

On payment of fee reciept fill up with your name and address (Sponsor ).

I sent my application by Xpresspost to above address .

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
So just to clarify, I input MY information (Sponsor) into the blank fields in the payment of fee receipt?

And if I'm sending my application by Canada Post (Xpresspost) , do I send it to Option 1 as indicated above? Or the same address that "Shaw" sent his application to? (Speck Parkway)

Again, thank you for the assistance

Sherif

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Shayreef said:
So just to clarify, I input MY information (Sponsor) into the blank fields in the payment of fee receipt?

And if I'm sending my application by Canada Post (Xpresspost) , do I send it to Option 1 as indicated above? Or the same address that "Shaw" sent his application to? (Speck Parkway)

Again, thank you for the assistance

Sherif
Look carefully option 1 is for mails like canada post (regular mail or registared mail) and Speak Parkway for courier. I asked the post office people that where should I send when I was sending Xpresspost. She told me Xpresspost is considered as private courier and advised me to send to Speck parkway. I recieved AOR and SA. You can also ask them. You can also call CIC and get their opinion.

ayoubhouda

Feb 25, 2014
hello,

am sponsoring my husband from tunisia. i live in toronto and so will my husband.
we sent our application in november and its has been aproved and they send us feeds back saying that they have sent our folder to immigration office in paris and thay they are prossessing it and that they have recived the medical exams that he did.
am wondering what is goint to happen next?? and how long is it going to be till they tell us anything eles??
will my husband hve to go to paris to get his passport stamped

can any one help please

thank you

ayoubhouda

Feb 25, 2014
tunisian Spousal sponsorship

hello,

am sponsoring my husband from tunisia. i live in toronto and so will my husband.
we sent our application in november and its has been aproved and they send us feeds back saying that they have sent our folder to immigration office in paris and thay they are prossessing it and that they have recived the medical exams that he did.
am wondering what is goint to happen next?? and how long is it going to be till they tell us anything eles??
will my husband hve to go to paris to get his passport stamped

can any one help please

thank you

Strahilo

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-05-2014 it's cooooming yeah
Passport requested :D

Carrie2014

Feb 26, 2014
Good day!

I arrived in Canada on a tourist visa last Dec. 15, 2013. How long can I stay in Canada on this visa? I was told for six (6) months. I just would like to verify if this is correct. What if I need to extend my stay? I read on a website that I have to apply for extension 30 days before the expiration: does this mean expiration of the six-month period, in my case June 15, 2014 or my visa? I have a multiple entry visa until August 2015.

However, there is this happy news. My BF asked me to marry him. I intended to stay until January or February 2014 only but the separation will be too much to bear. Marriage is set on May 24, 2014. He said we will apply for my permanent residency status from within Canada. However, it occurred to me that I have to apply to extend my stay on May 15, 2014 ( if above statement is correct RE 30 days before the 6-month period). Then, what will be its effect on my application for PR. Do I have to wait for the approval of the extension for temporary visa before we apply for my PR? If I won't apply for the extension and wait after the wedding then apply for the PR, am I staying illegally in Canada after June 15, 2014?

Thank you in advance for the help.

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a little help here. I have EVERYTHING together for the inland or outland application for permanent residency through family class sponsorship. It took me forever, but it is done.

My wife is Canadian. I am a US citizen living in Canada with my wife and child, working on a closed work permit that expires on July 12, 2014 of this year. My question is whether or not to apply inland or outland.

I want to be able to continue to work and it appears if I apply outland it will be faster to get the stage 1 approval, but I can't tell if this will allow me work.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crmalone44 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a little help here. I have EVERYTHING together for the inland or outland application for permanent residency through family class sponsorship. It took me forever, but it is done.

My wife is Canadian. I am a US citizen living in Canada with my wife and child, working on a closed work permit that expires on July 12, 2014 of this year. My question is whether or not to apply inland or outland.

I want to be able to continue to work and it appears if I apply outland it will be faster to get the stage 1 approval, but I can't tell if this will allow me work.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

While an Outland application is typically faster for an American, you are not able to apply for a work permit. Since your work permit expires July 12, 2014, you will likely be `on vacation' through the end of the year at best. Stage one approval is ~ 1 month, but you are not eligible for an Open Work Permit if applying with an Outland application. The good news, is that you could possibly complete the entire process for PR in about the same time as reaching AIP with an Inland application. Maybe a coin toss is in order.

An Inland applicant is eligible for an Open work Permit, once their sponsor has been approved (AIP), which is currently taking ~8-9 months. Stage two approval (of you, the applicant) could take another ~8 months (based on the latest updates from CIC).

So, unless someone has ideas on how to extend your existing work permit, you will not be able to continue working beyond July 12, 2014.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ponga said:
So, unless someone has ideas on how to extend your existing work permit, you will not be able to continue working beyond July 12, 2014.
Include the OWP application with the Inland PR application. Then the OP is covered by implied status (see IRPR Section 186(u) - I just quoted it in a different thread in fact where someone asked for the definition of implied status). When you get the open work permit, it will say right on it "status maintained pursuant to Section 186(u)..." to show that you were legal the entire time.

Note that people do run into issues getting health care during implied status - BC will only extend for 3 months (twice) and of course the rules vary by province.

People have reported that some work permits cannot be covered by implied status (notably, those with fixed terms like an IEC work visa), but I don't think that applies to the OP.