WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Hey guys,
I'm unsure of what to put for last visit/entry into Canada. I cross frequently (every weekend) to visit my husband. Before we send our paperwork should I date the last actual entry and provide a piece of paper stating I do cross frequently and this probably won't be the last time I cross before my paper work?

Thanks

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
Query for spouse visa

Hello friends

My husband is a canadain Citizen and we are married for 2 years and 4 months.In feb,2014 he submitted file for sponsoring me.
But we dont have long list of proofs as money transfer slips, phone records ( as we have prepaid connection), lots of emails as we chatted on whats app, skype or phone. He was India , the country of my origin, before our marriage for his own work agenda, stayed in India for 8 months after our marriage, then he went back to canada for 3 months and came back to India again and stayed here for another 7 months. even for two last month also he was here. but we didnt keep track of proofs as sponsoring and proofs was never thought of by us and we were living our relation as such. We thought of sponsorship last year but due to close family friend's death he came back to India and stayed for long and our sposnorship matter was postponed. And he applied me after getting financially stable.

Guide me and help me ... can these things affect my case? and raise doubts in Visa officers mind?

What should be answers if such doubts arise?

Please help

Thanks

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Re: Query for spouse visa

anshu said:
Hello friends

My husband is a canadain Citizen and we are married for 2 years and 4 months.In feb,2014 he submitted file for sponsoring me.
But we dont have long list of proofs as money transfer slips, phone records ( as we have prepaid connection), lots of emails as we chatted on whats app, skype or phone.
I would make sure you provide marriage cert. Do you have any bank accounts together? If so send those as well, photo's and a statement from close friends who know the relationship is genuine. I'm sure you can contact the phone company and they can mail/email you a copy of phone records. Pictures from the wedding as well.

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
msbigshot said:
Hey guys,
I'm unsure of what to put for last visit/entry into Canada. I cross frequently (every weekend) to visit my husband. Before we send our paperwork should I date the last actual entry and provide a piece of paper stating I do cross frequently and this probably won't be the last time I cross before my paper work?

Thanks
Hello,

Put the last time you visited to your husband. Also make a photocopy of all the visits you did to your husband. It is a good idea to number the paper separately and provide the proof that you did visit him and for how long. If you guys have taken any pictures that will be very good also.

Fireblade

Nov 9, 2012
quebecnewhusband said:
Hello everybody,

I have a question that no one has been able to answer so far.

I will be sponsoring my Thai wife in the next few months. We're currently together in Thailand, but we want to apply from inland in July, since she already has a visitor visa that is valid for 5 years, after visiting me in Quebec last fall.

Question is : When she arrives at the Montreal airport with her visitor visa, what should she tell?

1- She's in Canada only to visit friends (and show a return ticket that we could cancel later) ===> Not the truth, obviously

OR

2- She's coming to Canada with her canadian husband so she could apply for permanent residency ===> The truth, but could they deny her entry?

Please help... We don't want to have a bad surprise when she arrives in Montreal...
She should come as a visitor with a return ticket. She should also not have made up her mind about applying for PR. She should be only considering and that should be the truth. As far as you and her are concerned, she will come for a visit, and get back on the plane with that return ticket.

Now, if during her stay in Canada you two decide to apply for PR for her, that's another story, a future possibility, and a right that you have once she is here. Until you decide that, though (and you will only decide that once she's here), the actual truth and fact should be that she is coming for a visit.

I realize you may have your minds made up, but, to be fair and truthful to Canada Immigration and to yourselves, you cannot enter Canada as a tourist while declaring a different intent (as far as I know).

So, don't lie. Have your wife visit with a return ticket. Once she's here, spent some time together, explore Canada and what living here together is and would be like, think things through very well, and only then make such a big decision. She may not be able to stand the harsh winter anyway and may need that return ticket :) If you two do decide that Canada is where you'd want your future to be, decide that after she's here, and apply inland :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Fireblade said:
Have your wife visit with a return ticket.
To add... The airline won't let her board the airplane to come to Canada if she only has a one way ticket as a TRV holder. So you have no choice but to purchase the two way ticket (regardless of what your true intentions are).

awtul2012

Feb 20, 2014
i'm Algerian citizen i'm married with an Algerian woman live in Canada as Pr , we won our Adr appeal last January , my question how long does it will take so i can be with my wife ?? i heard it takes more then 6 months does that true

awtul2012

Feb 20, 2014
awtul2012 said:
i'm Algerian citizen i'm married with an Algerian woman live in Canada as Pr , we won our Adr appeal last January , my question how long does it will take so i can be with my wife ?? i heard it takes more then 6 months does that true

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Another quick question!

Do I send in my passport pages with my application? I currently only hold an enhanced d.l's -I lost my passport with my maiden name on it so I'm trying to obtain a new passport. I just wasnt how that whole situation works.

Thanks!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
scylla said:
To add... The airline won't let her board the airplane to come to Canada if she only has a one way ticket as a TRV holder. So you have no choice but to purchase the two way ticket (regardless of what your true intentions are).
To add... Always that I have booked a ticket I've seen cheaper prices for two way ticket than one way. Anyway you can always change your return...

ipanda

Feb 20, 2014
toutesweet said:
Is it not true that they do both? I think she is just asking where's the better place to run her application through because she's been in the US since 2010 but I'm guessing she looked up processing time and saw it listedat 23 mo or whatever it is. LA says the same but if you look at the timelines most are very fast. I don't think she has any special circumstance or criminal issue it's just what it says on the website is intimidating. That's my guess.
Hello there,

I am new to this forum, just did some research and I am still puzzled about the processing center. Could someone help? :)

My husband is a Canada citizen who currently works in New York, I am a Chinese citizen who works in New York under H1b visa. To my understanding, first we mail the application package to Mississauga (both Sponsorship forms and Immigration Forms); then if things go well my husband will be approved as a sponsor after a month or so. After that, WHICH local office will the application be sent to? Where I live now (New York) or country of my nationality (Beijing)? Is it something I can choose?

In the CIC's website, under "information guides", it says "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below. " For the US region PDF page 2, it gives "Choice of interview location", if we choose New York, does it mean our application will automatically be sent to New York office?

I checked processing time, there is a huge difference for average processing time between Beijing (9 months) and New York (22 months). FYI we had no criminal record and no previous marriage (not a complicated case).

THANKS!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ipanda said:
Hello there,

I am new to this forum, just did some research and I am still puzzled about the processing center. Could someone help? :)

My husband is a Canada citizen who currently works in New York, I am a Chinese citizen who works in New York under H1b visa. To my understanding, first we mail the application package to Mississauga (both Sponsorship forms and Immigration Forms); then if things go well my husband will be approved as a sponsor after a month or so. After that, WHICH local office will the application be sent to? Where I live now (New York) or country of my nationality (Beijing)? Is it something I can choose?

In the CIC's website, under "information guides", it says "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below. " For the US region PDF page 2, it gives "Choice of interview location", if we choose New York, does it mean our application will automatically be sent to New York office?

I checked processing time, there is a huge difference for average processing time between Beijing (9 months) and New York (22 months). FYI we had no criminal record and no previous marriage (not a complicated case).
These days ALL US resident applications are processed initially at CPP-Ottawa, with any potential interview being done in your nearest US visa office. Current times people are seeing in CPP-Ottawa, is in the 8-10 month range.

However even if you request Ottawa, CIC may decide to send your application based on your citizenship, meaning they would send it to be processed in Beijing or HK. If this happened, any potential interview would be in China.

So you should probably request CPP-Ottawa as your desired office, and include a cover letter explaining your current status in USA and that you want any potential interview also in USA (unless you prefer China processing, in which case request Beijing or HK).

Just know that the final choice is entirely up to CPC-Mississauga.

knowledge_eater

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014, Visa Office AOR: 09-05-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
VISA Issued: 28th Oct 2014, DM 13-10-2014, PPR 13-10-2014, Can't wait for the visa!
LANDED..........
December end is the target!
Hello Guys!

This is my first post on this forum.

I have heard many good things about this forum. I didn't open an account before applying for Spouse visa (Just applied: February 2014), but since I did, I was tempted to register to get help or help someone if I can or to see how fast the process is happening for people who applied around same time.

Anyway, our brief history: I got married last September. It took a while for my wife to get PCC as she studied outside of India so I had to wait till February to apply. We sent pretty much all the required documents to Mississauga office, in order, with lots of pictures and proof of our relationship is legit (boarding tickets/pass, FB chat shots, skype screenshots, App: Line's screenshots etc.) The whole package came out to be around more than 1.5 kg lol I hope that's normal.

I don't think I am missing anything. It was arranged marriage so me and my wife tried explaining, how our relationship started. If they read our FB chats then they won't have to look anywhere further for the legitimization of marriage. But I guess, they probably don't take time in reading all that! whoknows!

Anyway, thanks for reading and I will continue to post if I come across any problem or if I can help somebody!

Good luck to all applicants and congratulation to all who have received visa.

Jan69

Feb 20, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am new in this forum and i was told that i can get a more accurate answer from here regarding my question.

My wife has a pending application for spousal sponsorship. My question is: can she apply for a visitors visa for the time being so she can visit me?

Thanks for any inputs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jan69 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new in this forum and i was told that i can get a more accurate answer from here regarding my question.

My wife has a pending application for spousal sponsorship. My question is: can she apply for a visitors visa for the time being so she can visit me?

Thanks for any inputs.
Yes - she can certainly apply (however no guarantee she will be approved).