Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
My spouse and I want to do an Outland spousal sponsorship, which one do I choose? I am confused, because she is in Canada and lives with me. It kinda contradicts my options below.

If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).
If you are approved as a sponsor, the CPC will forward your family member’s application for permanent residence to the appropriate Canadian visa office to continue its processing.

Thanks

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
Hi , Is there somebody having same case as me.............. i have sponsored my husband from MB canada and have received approval ......i need to know how long now the new delhi visa office will take for furthur processing .............and can i go to my home country....????????????
pls smbdy help
thanku

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, I have posted the case of my brother earlier and now adding an update. His visa was denied first time and appeal too. Then a fresh application was submitted in 2012 and his interview was conducted at ND on May 2, 2013. We didn't hear back anything from the embassy till now. Ten days ago his status online is showing "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." but still we haven't been contacted. I had filed for his GCMNotes in December and now received it. It does show their concern and also mentioned that VO was inclined to refuse his visa after interview on May 2 but also mentioned that during your case appeal you have been told that we don't think your marriage is not genuine and our understanding is still same. I can tell from the interview notes that my brother was not able to properly convey his message. Notes say that VO told we will one last time review your case and get back to you. His interview was on May 2 and then they started his review on May 28 and there are couple of updates in his file.

In the interview they emphasized that PA is bachelor degree holder and sponsor is only high-school. Second PA is from Punjab while sponser was born and raised in Canada. To them marriage seemed staged. However, we have given proofs that she visit every year for couple of months and have also tried for issue and gone under some treatments but in vain. The reports were provided.

At this stage, may I ask if someone can share their opinions or experiences?

Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
EricandLinda said:
My spouse and I want to do an Outland spousal sponsorship, which one do I choose? I am confused, because she is in Canada and lives with me. It kinda contradicts my options below.

If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).
If you are approved as a sponsor, the CPC will forward your family member's application for permanent residence to the appropriate Canadian visa office to continue its processing.

Thanks
Sigh. This part of the CIC website causes a LOT of confusion.

Just use the outland forms. Your spouse/partner MUST maintain legal status independently.

Inland means "spouse/partner MUST be living in Canada with sponsor". That's an exception to the general rule ("PR applications must be processed outside Canada"). Outland means "spouse/partner is living somewhere... relationship continues with sponsor".

I (and others) have applied OUTLAND while living (legally) IN Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ManpreetSondh said:
Hi , Is there somebody having same case as me.............. i have sponsored my husband from MB canada and have received approval ......i need to know how long now the new delhi visa office will take for furthur processing .............and can i go to my home country....????????????
pls smbdy help
thanku
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp - New Delhi = 12 months.
If you are a Canadian citizen, you can go home, otherwise you must reside in Canada for the whole time the application is being processed.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
computergeek said:
Sigh. This part of the CIC website causes a LOT of confusion.

Just use the outland forms. Your spouse/partner MUST maintain legal status independently.

Inland means "spouse/partner MUST be living in Canada with sponsor". That's an exception to the general rule ("PR applications must be processed outside Canada"). Outland means "spouse/partner is living somewhere... relationship continues with sponsor".

I (and others) have applied OUTLAND while living (legally) IN Canada.
Thanks. So obviously the 2nd option is OUTLAND?

Also, are my processing fees correct? I am sponsoring my spouse who is 23 years old and we are marrying soon. I'm just paranoid that I am not paying all of the fees required for the spousal sponsorship!! Am I missing the "right of permanent residence fee"????

Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00

A family member of the principal applicant who
is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22
years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner
$550.00

Total amount for all applications: $1,100.00

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delete the third fee and add the RPRF ($490), making your total $1040

You can defer the RPRF until the end, but it may (or may not) slow the process slightly.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Ponga said:
Delete the third fee and add the RPRF ($490), making your total $1040

You can defer the RPRF until the end, but it may (or may not) slow the process slightly.
That's strange... wouldn't the 3rd fee apply though since she's my spouse and over 22 years of age? The website is so confusing as to what you have to pay or not...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricandLinda said:
That's strange... wouldn't the 3rd fee apply though since she's my spouse and over 22 years of age? The website is so confusing as to what you have to pay or not...
What?! The CIC website is confusing?!?! Surely you jest! ;D
You will likely have many questions regarding `confusion' in more than a few places, but fear not; this forum will be very helpful for you!

Since she is the principal applicant, she does not need to pay the 3rd fee.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Ponga said:
What?! The CIC website is confusing?!?! Surely you jest! ;D
You will likely have many questions regarding `confusion' in more than a few places, but fear not; this forum will be very helpful for you!

Since she is the principal applicant, she does not need to pay the 3rd fee.
Thanks Ponga! haha you are right. It is soooo confusing. I am grateful to all of you here.

But but but..... aren't I the principal applicant. I am the Canadian citizen and shes the one being sponsored.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricandLinda said:
Thanks Ponga! haha you are right. It is soooo confusing. I am grateful to all of you here.

But but but..... aren't I the principal applicant. I am the Canadian citizen and shes the one being sponsored.
No. She is the one APPLYING for PR and you are her SPONSOR.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Ponga said:
No. She is the one APPLYING for PR and you are her SPONSOR.
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thank you Ponga :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricandLinda said:
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thank you Ponga :)
Truly happy to help.

You'll find this `community' very helpful...every step of the way.

Good luck!

Gods Grace

Jun 9, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
02-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
28/08/2011
Med's Request
24/11/2011
Med's Done....
30/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
I want to sponsor my wife and application is almost ready. We are confused on medical exam, do we need to go for medical exam before application is submitted or is it same as skilled Immigration. The reason I asked is for me medical examination was after the application was submitted, I was asked to go fr medical exam from my visa office.

Please advice if my wife has to approach designated doctors for a medical exam or do we need to wait... Our visa office is New Delhi...

Gods Grace

Jun 9, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
02-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
28/08/2011
Med's Request
24/11/2011
Med's Done....
30/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
Plz disregards.. I got the answer.. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp