29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Gods Grace said:
Plz disregards.. I got the answer.. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
As a New Delhi applicant you'll probably be OK either way but if you submit it with your application try to make the medical close to the application date if you decide to go that route as it is only good for one year.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
toutesweet said:
As a New Delhi applicant you'll probably be OK either way but if you submit it with your application try to make the medical close to the application date if you decide to go that route as it is only good for one year.
It doesnt really matter now which VO is handling the app. for all outland applications everyone is required to the the medical upfront and submit receipt with the initial application package, even in case where processing is listed longer than 12 months (meaning medical will expire before a decision is made and re-medical may be requested if the VO does not extend the medicals).

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
MofC2014 said:
It doesnt really matter now which VO is handling the app. for all outland applications everyone is required to the the medical upfront and submit receipt with the initial application package, even in case where processing is listed longer than 12 months (meaning medical will expire before a decision is made and re-medical may be requested if the VO does not extend the medicals).
Where are you getting that info from? See above link. It makes no sense to do your medical twice if your pretty sure it's going to happen that way. I got my request for medical approx 26 months after I applied. The medical is emedical and results are fast. I think if you have a VO that had a long wait it makes sense to wait for the request. Our medical office refused to do it unless they physically saw the request. The link from CIC website says that you can do it either way.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
toutesweet said:
Where are you getting that info from? See above link. It makes no sense to do your medical twice if your pretty sure it's going to happen that way. I got my request for medical approx 26 months after I applied. The medical is emedical and results are fast. I think if you have a VO that had a long wait it makes sense to wait for the request. Our medical office refused to do it unless they physically saw the request. The link from CIC website says that you can do it either way.
from country specific checklist of documents that have to be included when applying. But Im sure that again like in many cases CIC is not clear wherein in both checklists (main and country specific checklists) CIC asks to include an original receipt of the medical and in their actual procedural they say you can but don't have to.

Fireblade

Nov 9, 2012
Hi all,

I'd like to sponsor my spouse, I'm a Canadian citizen and she's Greek. We've been married for six years in Greece (I recently returned to Toronto) and also have a 2 year old who I already gave Canadian citizenship to. Can my wife come here and then apply inland or do we have to do the outland application and she comes after approval? Thanks.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
MofC2014 said:
from country specific checklist of documents that have to be included when applying. But Im sure that again like in many cases CIC is not clear wherein in both checklists (main and country specific checklists) CIC asks to include an original receipt of the medical and in their actual procedural they say you can but don't have to.
No doubt. But many people have in the recent past done it this way. Waiting I mean.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
My fiance and I are getting married next week. Would it be a bad idea to submit the application with the document the ceremony gives us.... since it takes 12 weeks to get the marriage certificate?

Thanks

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
EricandLinda said:
My fiance and I are getting married next week. Would it be a bad idea to submit the application with the document the ceremony gives us.... since it takes 12 weeks to get the marriage certificate?

Thanks
Very bad idea, as your application would be incomplete and may be returned to you, delaying things. You must include your marriage certificate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
EricandLinda said:

Thanks
I assume you're getting married in Ontario. If so, ignore the instructions and apply for the certificate right away. I received mine less than three week after the wedding.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Fireblade said:
Hi all,

I'd like to sponsor my spouse, I'm a Canadian citizen and she's Greek. We've been married for six years in Greece (I recently returned to Toronto) and also have a 2 year old who I already gave Canadian citizenship to. Can my wife come here and then apply inland or do we have to do the outland application and she comes after approval? Thanks.
If Greece is a visa-exempt country she can come as a "visitor" for 6 months and apply for a visitor extension visa before the 6 months are up to extend her time in Canada legally. Meanwhile you ought to apply Outland as it is much faster than Inland and under the Outland option she can exit and re-enter Canada if required without jeopardizing her application. Under Inland processing she cannot leave Canada while its in process.

Fireblade

Nov 9, 2012
chala said:
If Greece is a visa-exempt country she can come as a "visitor" for 6 months and apply for a visitor extension visa before the 6 months are up to extend her time in Canada legally. Meanwhile you ought to apply Outland as it is much faster than Inland and under the Outland option she can exit and re-enter Canada if required without jeopardizing her application. Under Inland processing she cannot leave Canada while its in process.
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated :)

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Fireblade said:
Hi all,

You can apply with dual intent or she can just and you can get married then and apply inland. Greece has a not so long processing time I imagine. All of my friendsthat were ssponsors or sponsored said inland was the way to go but I think one got an open work permit which is hard to do now or at least more complicated, one it worked out because they were a stay at home parent, and one said it was hard with his wife not being able to work (not even financially, just made her crazy) so that part is up it your individual thoughts and needs. Inland keeps you sure of not spending a day away from your spouse, but you will probably manage this with outland anyway. However if her visa is not extended she would have to leave at the end of the visitors visa until the process finished. Can't work as a visitor either so I really think in your car it's six of one half a dozen the other, but outland will probably be faster.

gleysabel

Jan 22, 2014
Hi all,
I just want to clarify what i read at the cic website regarding maintaing of legal status. Is it true that spouses/ common law partners of canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for PR status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor? So that means that if the sponsor is approved at stage 1, the partner can stay in Canada WITHOUT legal status?

Anothet question is that, what if my partner is pregnant and she needs to have a medical upfront, what is the protocol so as not to delay the process of application?

Again, thank you in advance. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
gleysabel said:
Hi all,
I just want to clarify what i read at the cic website regarding maintaing of legal status. Is it true that spouses/ common law partners of canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for PR status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor? So that means that if the sponsor is approved at stage 1, the partner can stay in Canada WITHOUT legal status?

Anothet question is that, what if my partner is pregnant and she needs to have a medical upfront, what is the protocol so as not to delay the process of application?

Again, thank you in advance. :)
Yes, while CIC don't encourage it, you can be sponsored while you are "out of status".
Upfront medical examinations are a problem for pregnant applicants. Most panel physicians will refuse to complete the X-Ray portion of the medical until after the birth, regardless of the wishes of the applicant. This will introduce a delay.

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
  • Hi, is smbdy there to help me??
    I have received an email from delhi immigration requesting :
    * proof of payment of landing fee in mississauga or by sponsor in canada, if not already paid.
    * submission of PCC for the time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
i want to know is the sponsorship fee and landing fee same............i already paid it in mississauga by demand draft of $1040.
and also submitted the original PCC 's in Mississauga when i submitted the case in mississauga......
so do have to do that again or just submit the passport
plz smbdy reply soon
plz help
waiting for reply
thnku