London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KIM1960 said:
You ignore me, guys. Does it means that from your point of view I do not have a chance to reunite with my only husband for almost 30 years? I do not want to see the whole family together only during Skype sessions
Your case is not particularly complicated. As long as you are not on welfare or bankrupt, and you have a reasonable probability of supporting yourself in Canada, you should just apply.

SomiOse

Mar 8, 2013
Hi.. I m Pakistani n my hubby is canadian citizen.. our marriage had done in june 2012 then we started process in Sep. 2012..
I got my AOR on Oct.30, 2012... then I got the medical request on end of Aug. 2013.. n I have done my medical on 4th Sep. 2013.. after 15 days they asked for landing fees vch i also submitted in Sep. 2013 now I m w8ng for PPR anxiously.. Can any 1 guide me uptill how many days i'll be w8ng for this step.. m so restless.. n need u ppl support... Kindly guide me..

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
zardoz said:
Your case is not particularly complicated. As long as you are not on welfare or bankrupt, and you have a reasonable probability of supporting yourself in Canada, you should just apply.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully everything will be okay! I am so happy not to have a complicated case!!
And again - thank you for your inspiration replay!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SomiOse said:
Hi.. I m Pakistani n my hubby is canadian citizen.. our marriage had done in june 2012 then we started process in Sep. 2012..
I got my AOR on Oct.30, 2012... then I got the medical request on end of Aug. 2013.. n I have done my medical on 4th Sep. 2013.. after 15 days they asked for landing fees vch i also submitted in Sep. 2013 now I m w8ng for PPR anxiously.. Can any 1 guide me uptill how many days i'll be w8ng for this step.. m so restless.. n need u ppl support... Kindly guide me..
This is always a bit like reading tea leaves to divine the future, but what would normally happen in a case like yours is that when they review your file again (2-4 months) they would request your passport.

This is why I always recommend paying the RPRF up front (or in your case you could have done when you got the medical request) - it speeds up the process. For most things other than medicals, CIC looks at your file and then sets a date on it for the next review. So you must wait until the next time the file comes up in queue for review.

What was the deadline for submitting the RPRF? Usually the "bring forward" date is shortly after that and that's when you'd expect for them to review it and send that PPR to you.

You are almost done!

sid4ever2009

Apr 29, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/16/2013
AOR Received.
02/18/2013
File Transfer...
Date Unknown LA to Ottawa
Med's Done....
10/01/2012
Passport Req..
23/08/2013
HOw long does it take after "Decision Made" to receive a COPR .. We are waiting for it to arrive in the US

DannyRDG

Apr 19, 2013
I hope someone can help as I am receiving different answers from CBSA officers and its driving me mad! Here we go:

My partner and I have been in a relationship for just 2 years, I am a British citizen and she Canadian. I am currently on an extended visitor visa which expires in December and I intend to apply for spousal sponsorship. I have been told by one person that I can apply at the same time for an OWP which will only take a few months to come through. Another officer has told me I cannot apply for OWP as I am only on a visitor visa. For me to get an OWP I need to be already on a work permit! Can someone advise me on which one is true. Many thanks in advance.

AaDi_12

Oct 15, 2013
Does Student Loan effect my application?

Hello every one,
I have been in Canada from June 2012 as PR holder, I am a full time student and studying under Alberta student loan or you can say under government financial assistance.I do have a part time job.I went Pakistan and got married on Aug 2013. I wanna apply for my wife but I am wondering about my study loan, will it create any problem or will CIC consider me eligible to sponsor my wife?
If any buddy can help me I will be very thankful.
Regards.

ramandhami

Jan 8, 2013
Punjab,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
10-11-2012
Hii everyone
my file was submitted to canadian embassy new delhi on 5 october,2012. And from that particular day it sayd my ecas status to be "application recieved". And today when i opened ecas status ,itsays my application is "in process".
Any body knows approximate how long it takea to change ur status to be " deicision made".
I am so eager to get a satisfying reply from anyone !!

Another question
I have a baby who got canadian citizenship from her father, and now i have applied for baby's canadian passport in new delhi.embassy have already enquired from her gurantor but they havn't sent any receipt or the submitted original documents...its been almost 13 days today.
Any replies will be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
DannyRDG said:
I hope someone can help as I am receiving different answers from CBSA officers and its driving me mad! Here we go:

My partner and I have been in a relationship for just 2 years, I am a British citizen and she Canadian. I am currently on an extended visitor visa which expires in December and I intend to apply for spousal sponsorship. I have been told by one person that I can apply at the same time for an OWP which will only take a few months to come through. Another officer has told me I cannot apply for OWP as I am only on a visitor visa. For me to get an OWP I need to be already on a work permit! Can someone advise me on which one is true. Many thanks in advance.
If your partner sponsors you for PR using the inland application process (rather than outland), then you can include an application for an OWP in your application package. The OWP will be approved one the inland application has first stage approval. First stage approval is currently taking 11 months to process. Given you are from the UK, it may be wiser / faster to apply outland. However there is no OWP granted with the outland process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Does Student Loan effect my application?

AaDi_12 said:
Hello every one,
I have been in Canada from June 2012 as PR holder, I am a full time student and studying under Alberta student loan or you can say under government financial assistance.I do have a part time job.I went Pakistan and got married on Aug 2013. I wanna apply for my wife but I am wondering about my study loan, will it create any problem or will CIC consider me eligible to sponsor my wife?
If any buddy can help me I will be very thankful.
Regards.
Student loans are not social assistance. However, you still must convince CIC that you won't need social assistance when your wife comes to Canada.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
bmore321 said:
I looked at the status of my application. It says decision made .. what does that mean?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on September 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
Hi bmore321

Check your email that you provided them. They will email you their decision with your sponsorship.

Keep in mind that they will not send you the decision via mail if you gave them your email address. It's the same thing that happened to me.

Good Luck!

katbm

Jan 20, 2012
Decision made

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows of the timeline between receiving the 'application completed' email/ the online system being updated to say 'decision made', and receiving notification of the decision? I am applying for inland spousal sponsorship through Vegreville and was told the Vancouver office will be in touch.
Thanks

Patrice_e

Oct 16, 2010
Hello,

I hope someone can help, as I have a few questions.

I'm a US citzen who has been living common-law in Ottawa with my Canadian-citizen partner since 2009. I had a visitor's, student's, and now post-graduate work permit (which expires in Aug 2014.) My partner and I have been holding off on applying for my PR until his divorce is settled, but his hopefully-soon-to-be-ex and the lawyers have delayed the divorce time after time.

We have declared common-law status with tax returns. Can we apply for my PR as common-law even though he is only legally separated, not divorced?

Also, can I still apply as "living outside Canada" even though I live here? (You taught me in 2010 that there were benefits to the "outside" application, which I hope are still applicable.)

And finally, do I send my FBI report and medical report in with the application or do I wait for CIC to request them?

Many thanks!
Patrice

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
computergeek said:
This is always a bit like reading tea leaves to divine the future, but what would normally happen in a case like yours is that when they review your file again (2-4 months) they would request your passport.

This is why I always recommend paying the RPRF up front (or in your case you could have done when you got the medical request) - it speeds up the process. For most things other than medicals, CIC looks at your file and then sets a date on it for the next review. So you must wait until the next time the file comes up in queue for review.

What was the deadline for submitting the RPRF? Usually the "bring forward" date is shortly after that and that's when you'd expect for them to review it and send that PPR to you.

You are almost done!
Computergeek it seems like you know a lot about these dates in GCMS so I am asking you or anyone who could help, I would appreciate it so much bcs I really don't know what to expect at this point. Got my first GCMS notes and I am freaking out. My file has been in Vienna since end of February and Ecas only shows App received, medical received... Now I know...it seems nothing has been done on it! :eek: (not just my case, Vienna is unbelievably slow this year). But what is confusing to me the most are these different due dates I just don't know how to interpret, for example:
(I am using format day/month/year)

Eligibility: not started, Due date 22 02 2014 (exactly a year since it was updated)
Criminality: not started, Due date 17 03 2013, last updated 15 02 2013
Security: not started, Due date 17 03 2013, last updated 15 02 2013
Medical: passed, Due date 14 02 2014 (a year since it was created)

I think I saw that most people have the same due dates for these 3 categories when they do not start with none of them, no?
And how come my due date expired 6 months ago for criminality/security and nothing changed?

And under APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT Due date is 06 04 2013 - what is this?

I just need some kind of time frame, when I read this I am afraid that they really won't open my file till 2014??? I am confused and a bit disheartened. So sorry if you already mentioned this topic somewhere, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks so much in advance!

DannyRDG

Apr 19, 2013
Scylla, thanks for the info and replying so quickly.

If I apply outland do I have to do it from UK, or can I do it from another country?

My 12 months living with my partner to be able to apply for spousal sponsorship is not until 16 Dec 13. The same day my visitor visa extension expires. I have also been advised to travel to the states before then and upon return ask CBSA for a visitor record extension for a further year. The reason for this is because I wasn't aware that I required a criminal record check from UK. That will take approximately 8 weeks to receive which will be very close to my cut off date for my visa extension. I am quite worried of falling foul of immigration rules as I had problems with immigration last year when i travelled to the states. Sorry for being a pain in asking all these questions.