Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
Med's Request
31-03-2014 (Remedical)
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
computergeek said:
You will need to wait until the visa office requires your passport. Note that NDVO will request your passport at the beginning of your application ("in order to expedite processing of your file, we request you submit your passport at this time"). That is only a request - you can decline the "expedited processing" and advise them that you are in Canada so you prefer to wait until it is necessary for them to receive your passport.

Indian law prohibits sending passports through the mail and this generally seems to include couriers. Thus, someone must physically take your passport to India so that it may be submitted to NDVO for visa and COPR issuance. Then someone must physically bring it back to you. That can be you, a family member or someone else that you trust with your passport.

Good luck with your PhD program. I suspect you'll start hearing from NDVO about your PR application very soon.
Thanks for ur time

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
HELP.
I am a a male Canadian citizen sponsoring a spouse (female Chinese national currently living in China. We have already registered our marriage in China)
According to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website information pages and guides sponsors must sign an undertaking with the Canadian government and an agreement with the spouse being sponsored.
However, in the country specific checklist for China (same website) neither is included.

Can anyone help me with this and any other relevant information into sponsoring a spouse from mainland China (she is currently living there and I live in Canada)

Thank you.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I recently ordered GMCS notes, in the Eligibility section, the VO wrote a positive summary of our case and ended the note with "Recommend WAV" in bold letters.

Does anyone have an idea what "WAV" would stand for? Or has anyone seen this in their GCMS note?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If any of the senior members or any one else could advise on the following inquiry, it would be a great help.

My spouse got visa and COPR. Now, we are planning for her to arrive/ land next month. At present I am in Ontario, but most likely will move to Alberta next month. So, my spouse will join me there after landing.

Question is, if she comes in an international flight and lands in Toronto and to the immigration officer provides the Alberta address as the address where she wants her PR card to be mailed ( she may stay in Toronto for 2 days with her cousin before traveling to Alberta to join me), will she be considered as an Alberta resident for Health Card and such purposes OR she will be considered an Ontario Resident?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
computergeek said:
Being in University is not a bar to sponsoring a spouse/partner. CIC must be convinced that you will not need social assistance, but they can consider the skills and assets of both of you in doing so. If you can do so, you won't have a problem with sponsorship.

It is unlikely CIC will even be aware of your overstay. By leaving voluntarily you resolved the overstay issue. So while you may have to admit to it (I think they ask about it on the PR application), the overstay is not a valid basis for refusing you permanent residency in Canada by itself.

Hi! Thank you for this clarification! My husband too stayed for a long bit in Canada with no status. Our consultant told us the same thing, they cannot refuse us based on this.

andyloonz

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2013
I have a situation such that I can't afford to pay the entire application fee (sponsor, principal applicant and ROPR fees toal $1100.00) at once. I know applications are processed faster when all fees are paid up front but I wondered if anyone knows if I pay the sponsorship and prinicpal applicant fee how long will it delay my spouse coming here?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
goodman36 said:
If any of the senior members or any one else could advise on the following inquiry, it would be a great help.

My spouse got visa and COPR. Now, we are planning for her to arrive/ land next month. At present I am in Ontario, but most likely will move to Alberta next month. So, my spouse will join me there after landing.

Question is, if she comes in an international flight and lands in Toronto and to the immigration officer provides the Alberta address as the address where she wants her PR card to be mailed ( she may stay in Toronto for 2 days with her cousin before traveling to Alberta to join me), will she be considered as an Alberta resident for Health Card and such purposes OR she will be considered an Ontario Resident?
Where you do the PR landing has absolutely nothing to do with where you will be a resident in Canada. New PRs must do the official landing in the first Canadian city their plane lands in, so it's very common to do landing in a stop-over city like Toronto, and then immediately take the connecting flight out to their final destination wherever in Canada.

Alberta health care will ask for proof of address to show residency in Alberta. So as long as she can show that, it will be fine.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
andyloonz said:
I have a situation such that I can't afford to pay the entire application fee (sponsor, principal applicant and ROPR fees toal $1100.00) at once. I know applications are processed faster when all fees are paid up front but I wondered if anyone knows if I pay the sponsorship and prinicpal applicant fee how long will it delay my spouse coming here?
Hello

For what I understand sponsors must pay the full amount before sending in all the necessary paperwork since we have to include the receipt of payment with the application. I suggest finding some ways to find funds to pay the full amount so that there are no delays. I am not even sure if they will start the process without full payment.

jihadberberi

May 6, 2013
Hello,

Yesterday, I received a confirmation from DHL that they delivered the documents of the outland sponsorship to Mississauga. How can I check online or find the process of my file by getting the following notifications App filed, AOR received, etc...?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jihadberberi said:
Hello,

Yesterday, I received a confirmation from DHL that they delivered the documents of the outland sponsorship to Mississauga. How can I check online or find the process of my file by getting the following notifications App filed, AOR received, etc...?

Thanks
The first time that you will hear anything is when CPC-M either send a stage 1 AOR or an SA by email or post. After that, you will have the application file number and UCI to allow you access to e-CAS.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
jihadberberi said:
Hello,

Thanks
They sent my SA via e-mail a few week after I sent it to CIC-M.

You may want to add this email address on your contacts, CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca to make sure that when they e-mail you that it goes directly into your inbox instead of SPAM, JUNK or STARRED email box. The name that will appear as a sender is CIC-Email-Communications-CPCM

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Can someone help here ?

My spouse is in USA with H1B (been just a month)
We are Indian nationals
How do I apply through Indian visa office ?
And If I have to choose USA visa office , wher do I mention it?

Is interview mandatory?

If he hasnt been in USA for more than six months, does he need police clearance from FBI?

If we apply through Indian visa office(New Delhi), they ask to mention (in the information guides)if the sponsored has been to another country, how do we answer that (as he is till residing there)?

I am very confused
Any help would be greatly appreciated

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
Mitroh said:
Can someone help here ?

We are Indian nationals

Is interview mandatory?

If he hasnt been in USA for more than six months, does he need police clearance from FBI?

If we apply through Indian visa office(New Delhi), they ask to mention (in the information guides)if the sponsored has been to another country, how do we answer that (as he is till residing there)?

I am very confused
first what is the spouse visa status? if he is a pr holder of Canada then he can not sponsor while he is in USA. sponsored should be in Canada during the visa process. and if he is a Canadian citizen then he can sponsor from anywhere and not necessary that he should be in Canada.

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
kickb said:
first what is the spouse visa status? if he is a pr holder of Canada then he can not sponsor while he is in USA. sponsored should be in Canada during the visa process. and if he is a Canadian citizen then he can sponsor from anywhere and not necessary that he should be in Canada.
I am sorry
I should have mentioned:
I am sponsoring him (I being the permanent resident of Canada)
He is on work visa which expires in jan 2015 but can be extended( not sure though)

How do I select a visa office as i dont see any options of putting what you want?

Please answer all the questions mentioned on the earlier post:
here they are:
We are Indian nationals

Is interview mandatory?

I am very confused