16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi All,

I got a question and if anybody had experience or could help, it would be nice.
Does the embassies outside of Canada ask for fingerprints from applicants if they spent more than a year in Canada before? I did, as a child, with my mom, as some of you remember, so I suppose they wouldn't want it from me... But what about my mom, are they digging so deep and would they ask for fingerprints from her? It would mean an extra 6 months delay for ink fingerprints...

Hungary

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Hungary said:
Hi All,

I got a question and if anybody had experience or could help, it would be nice.
Does the embassies outside of Canada ask for fingerprints from applicants if they spent more than a year in Canada before? I did, as a child, with my mom, as some of you remember, so I suppose they wouldn't want it from me... But what about my mom, are they digging so deep and would they ask for fingerprints from her? It would mean an extra 6 months delay for ink fingerprints...

Hungary
Hi Hungary,

You do not need a police clearance from Canada
See below from the country specific guide
Only if you were in a country for 6 months or more after you were 18 years old

I am not sure if you have to provide one for your mother as she is not on the application with you

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
cdnmom said:
Hi Hungary,

You do not need a police clearance from Canada
See below from the country specific guide
Only if you were in a country for 6 months or more after you were 18 years old

I am not sure if you have to provide one for your mother as she is not on the application with you

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.
According to the guide Family includes:
Spouse
common law partner
dependent children
Dependent child of a dependent child...

So I would say your mom doesn't feed to do this :)

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
cdnmom said:
According to the guide Family includes:
Spouse
common law partner
dependent children
Dependent child of a dependent child...

So I would say your mom doesn't feed to do this :)
Ohh thank you so much , I hope it will be like this ;) I was assuming , but I've given up guessing and expecting the bests with this immigration process a looooooong time ago ::)

amber.nic

Oct 16, 2013
San Antonio de Los Altos, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any experience with moving after they have been approved as a sponsor? I have applied for my husband and am planning on going back to live there until he is approved then we will come back together.
I included my flight information in my application so they know I am going back there, I just didn't specify for how long.

Any info would be helpful :)

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi guys!

Anyone has got asked to redo their meds? Does this mean we are at the end of the process? How long after meds are sent do we get and answer? Is this positive?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ladyex13 said:
I may have an odd situation here but i'm not sure. I moved to the US from Canada and went through all the proper procedures and such therefore taking care of things legally. We did use an attorney so it would be done properly. I am now a US Citizen. However, my husband and I are wanting to move to Canada now to be closer to my family and grandchildren. I have been married for 7 years so proving that isn't going to be difficult. What I am wondering is the best course of action to take here? My husband has a masters degree in his line of work and there are many jobs available in Canada for him. Our concern is this: should I move back and begin the paperwork using spousal immigration or is it best to go through the skilled worker program? I'm thinking to move back it would also be easier to just sell everything and start fresh in Canada? I have family that we could stay with until we get this all figured out so that isn't a problem I don't think? I look forward to any information you could help me with here. We have considered speaking to an attorney and possibly going that route but I did all the paperwork myself when I moved here and the attorney just filed it all. I'm thinking it may be possible to do the same going to Canada? Please advise.
Your case isn't odd at all, it sounds very straightforward and simple.
I'm not sure of the time comparisons between skilled worker and family class... but at least with family class he is guaranteed to qualify. Not sure about skilled worker or what the criteria is. I would just use family class if there was a choice.

You could apply immediately for your husbands PR with an "outland" application. You can do this while living with him in the US. US outland cases are handled through the CPC-Ottawa visa office, and according to the Ottawa thread on this forum, cases can be fully completed in around 8-12 months.

During the processing time you can keep living in the US, or you could come to Canada if you wanted. Would just need to keep in mind when talking to an immigration officers that until his PR is granted your husband can only VISIT Canada, so he couldn't "move" or "live" here. He should be able to get at least a 6-month visitor status, which you can extend later, or exit/re-enter Canada to get a fresh 6 months.

In the application you as sponsor will need to prove intent to return and live in Canada. This can be a written explanation to CIC, and should show efforts you've taken to find a place to live, get employment etc.

Also there is no need for a lawyer to be involved. With a 7 year marriage there should be no issues whatsoever in your application so you guys can just do all the paperwork yourselves. The only reason a lawyer would be needed is if one of you have criminality or other serious issues like that, or if you are just itching to blow $2-$3000 on something!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amber.nic said:
Does anyone have any experience with moving after they have been approved as a sponsor? I have applied for my husband and am planning on going back to live there until he is approved then we will come back together.
I included my flight information in my application so they know I am going back there, I just didn't specify for how long.

Any info would be helpful :)
Are you a Canadian citizen or PR? If you're a citizen it shouldn't be a problem, but if you're a PR then you need to reside in Canada during the entire processing time and can only leave for short/temporary vacations.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Daisyd5 said:
Hi guys!

Anyone has got asked to redo their meds? Does this mean we are at the end of the process? How long after meds are sent do we get and answer? Is this positive?
when was your last med taken?

SIG

Sep 20, 2012
Daisyd5 said:
Hi guys!

Yes! Today, we received an email, requesting medical be done. Attached was form IMM 1017. Nowhere in the email or form does it say that the previous medical has expired and to redo so it's a bit confusing!

aakaren

Oct 18, 2013
Dear All,

I have some concern regarding my wife sponsorship visa.
I am a permanent resident and I want to apply for the sponsorship visa.

I now that I have to reside in Canada during the application process, however we are waiting for a baby, so I do not want to leave my wife alone for several month with a new born baby.

My question is maybe it would be possible to write to the Embassy and explain them my situation to ask a permit to be with my wife during the visa procedure?

Thanks and regards
Karen

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
aakaren said:
I now that I have to reside in Canada during the application process, however we are waiting for a baby, so I do not want to leave my wife alone for several month with a new born baby.

My question is maybe it would be possible to write to the Embassy and explain them my situation to ask a permit to be with my wife during the visa procedure?
Living in Canada is a requirement for sponsorship (for PR holders) and exceptions unfortunately aren't granted. If you want to visit your wife for 2-3 weeks, that's no problem. If you want to stay with her for a few months and help her with your new baby, then I would recommend that you hold off submitting the sponsorship application until you are ready to live in Canada for the amount of time it will take for the application to be processed.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
SIG said:
Yes! Today, we received an email, requesting medical be done. Attached was form IMM 1017. Nowhere in the email or form does it say that the previous medical has expired and to redo so it's a bit confusing!

Yes same thing for us! They didn't say: meds expired or anything !!
My husband is going tomorrow lets see how long! Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ladyex13 said:
I may have an odd situation here but i'm not sure. I moved to the US from Canada and went through all the proper procedures and such therefore taking care of things legally. We did use an attorney so it would be done properly. I am now a US Citizen. However, my husband and I are wanting to move to Canada now to be closer to my family and grandchildren. I have been married for 7 years so proving that isn't going to be difficult. What I am wondering is the best course of action to take here? My husband has a masters degree in his line of work and there are many jobs available in Canada for him. Our concern is this: should I move back and begin the paperwork using spousal immigration or is it best to go through the skilled worker program? I'm thinking to move back it would also be easier to just sell everything and start fresh in Canada? I have family that we could stay with until we get this all figured out so that isn't a problem I don't think? I look forward to any information you could help me with here. We have considered speaking to an attorney and possibly going that route but I did all the paperwork myself when I moved here and the attorney just filed it all. I'm thinking it may be possible to do the same going to Canada? Please advise.
If your husband qualifies under NAFTA, have him find a job first and then you can go to Canada together. He will qualify for health care (as a long term temporary foreign worker) and can live with you in Canada. It minimizes any issues about supporting yourselves and proving intent to return and avoids the stress of a long separation.

Otherwise you can file now while you are in the US. Canadian Citizens just have to demonstrate they will move back, they don't have to be in Canada. When the time comes, show family and planning for housing and jobs to demonstrate that you plan on going back.

An attorney isn't necessary and many do file without one.

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
QUESTION : Mailing address (form IMM0008)

In Form "IMM008" Section "Contact Information" it asks for mailing address.
We want to expedite this as soon as possible.
Is this mailing from the regional visa office or from CIC?
For example, I am sponsoring my spouse currently living in China (Visa Office : Beijing)
Is this mail coming out of the Beijing office or Mississauga?
If Mississauga, I would like to put my mailing address (since I live in Toronto) but if mailing will come out of Beijing, I would like to put her address to avoid unnecessary delays.

Thank you in advance for answer.