20-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
06-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
ashley2705 said:
Hello, my name is Goury. I`m here in canada since 4 months, I want to sponsor my fiance after our official marriage. I will apply for the sponsorship after marriage. I want to bring her here for about one week under visitor visa for this christmas. I just want to know the risk, applying pr after having a single entry visitor visa please. Thank you
Hi Goury,

When are you getting officially married? If your wife is coming for a holiday to visit you for a week with the TRV and she leaves Canada after that and only then you get married and file the application. There shouldn't be any risk as far as I can see.
If not, it will actually be a plus point that she came to visit you and you can add pictures and details from this trip to your application.

Hope I got your question right. :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bmore321 said:
I looked at the status of my application. It says decision made .. what does that mean?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on September 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
Normally this would mean that they have approved you as sponsor and the application has been forwarded to the visa office overseas for processing of the applicant.

jhebrio

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
15-11-2012
File Transfer...
17-12-2012
Med's Request
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013 - retake
Passport Req..
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
i just have a question... my papers was received by the CIC october 9 2012. then last june 4 2013 we received an email asking for the passport and it was submitted the next day. then another email asking for medical. so my wife did it and it was submitted by july 2nd of 2013... and yet we dont have a response on whats goin on... is it normal for the passport to stay with the embassy and how long will it take for us to receive her passport back? hope to get a reply and advice thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jhebrio said:
i just have a question... my papers was received by the CIC october 9 2012. then last june 4 2013 we received an email asking for the passport and it was submitted the next day. then another email asking for medical. so my wife did it and it was submitted by july 2nd of 2013... and yet we dont have a response on whats goin on... is it normal for the passport to stay with the embassy and how long will it take for us to receive her passport back? hope to get a reply and advice thanks.
Which office?

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

Hello Mr. or Ms. Computergeek,

Small clarifications for my case.

I am a Canadian citizen. I was in only marriage for 28 years. I and my husband have two adult common children.
Our children are living in Canada.
I was separated from my husband for a couple of years and he lost his PR status (our appeal was denied).
Nowadays I am living with my husband in Ukraine from May 2013 year.
I would like to sponsor my husband.

I have a lease agreement in Canada but I do not have a job. I am not on social assistant since April 2013.
We do not have a real estate in Canada but we can manage my mother's condo in Ukraine that we can rent out (if my mother move out to our place).

Can I be approved as a sponsor?

Should I make some money transfer in his behave to be approved as a sponsor? In case of possible rental income in Ukraine I can make some transfers in his behave (approx 300 per month). Does it help? At least CIC will see that I can have some revenue steam. Yes, this is not enough for living in Canada but we will share the dwelling and rent expenses with our children.

Please, help me with your advise! Thank you in advance.

Truly yours

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Medical Exam

Hey, guys. What do you usually have to bring for the Medical Exam?
I haven't applied yet, but I've just booked an appointment with a panel physician for October 29th.
I'm still in Canada, Saskatoon and the lady was pretty busy i guess. She said i had to bring my health card (which i don't have, what am I supposed to do about it?) ; valid passport and an e-mail from CIC (I'm not sure what e-mail she was talking about)
I told her I was applying for a permanent resident card, and since it is mandatory, I didnt think i needed any e-mail from CIC.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Ella

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Medical Exam

Ellasg said:
Hey, guys. What do you usually have to bring for the Medical Exam?
I haven't applied yet, but I've just booked an appointment with a panel physician for October 29th.
I'm still in Canada, Saskatoon and the lady was pretty busy i guess. She said i had to bring my health card (which i don't have, what am I supposed to do about it?) ; valid passport and an e-mail from CIC (I'm not sure what e-mail she was talking about)
I told her I was applying for a permanent resident card, and since it is mandatory, I didnt think i needed any e-mail from CIC.
If you don't have a health card, you'll have to pay for all the tests (some tests are covered by the provincial health coverage in some provinces). The valid passport is a given. Since you are doing an up-front medical, you don't have an e-mail from CIC (MOST medicals are done when CIC requests them. But spousal are done "up front" and they should be aware of this specific case.)

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Mistake in the application..
I need your help in this forum..My wife is sponsoring me and our application has been sent to the visa office.I needed to update the visa office recently about the new development that my wife has got a part-time job along wt schooling, but I got to know in her payslip that she was bearing another name that was not included in our application.Thank God I have not updated the visa office about the development yet.What can I do? If I send the payslip,the name is not the same as the one in our application because am trying to proof that one of us is working now.Please,I need your help on this!!

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 ; Sent June 29, 2014; Decision Made- Aug. 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 7, 2014 Received Visa: August 16,2014
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
hello there Guys..

my generic form or the IMM 0008 was already validated.. is it okey if ill put N/A on the sections that are not applicable using a pen after validating it and printing it out OR just leave as is..

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
janelleangeline said:
hello there Guys..

my generic form or the IMM 0008 was already validated.. is it okey if ill put N/A on the sections that are not applicable using a pen after validating it and printing it out OR just leave as is..
You can re-fill it to put N/A in any section not applicable to you and validate it.Just to make it the same.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
Hey everyone.....was hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on my question....short little background story...sponsoring my husband..we have been married for 2 years together for 7..he is american....me canadian....Our application was received in Ottawa feb 8...sponsporship received March 15th.....On August 12th he received ppr request also proof of our communication and the orginal FBI report as he accidently sent in a copy of it....This was all received Sept 4th according to the tracking number....My question is we still have not heard anything back as far as decision made etc....does anyone have any idea as to how long it may take after having to send in that kind of additional information....We are just both so tired of being apart and are so hoping this is all finished with soon....thanks in advance for any and all help you have given..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ladybugclh said:
Hey everyone.....was hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on my question....short little background story...sponsoring my husband..we have been married for 2 years together for 7..he is american....me canadian....Our application was received in Ottawa feb 8...sponsporship received March 15th.....On August 12th he received ppr request also proof of our communication and the orginal FBI report as he accidently sent in a copy of it....This was all received Sept 4th according to the tracking number....My question is we still have not heard anything back as far as decision made etc....does anyone have any idea as to how long it may take after having to send in that kind of additional information....We are just both so tired of being apart and are so hoping this is all finished with soon....thanks in advance for any and all help you have given..
I'd expect you would hear something next month - it usually takes 2-3 months after request requiring additional documents like that.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
computergeek said:
I'd expect you would hear something next month - it usually takes 2-3 months after request requiring additional documents like that.
Hi!

We were asked for additional docs and they received everything on August 9th and we still did not hear back.
Have faith they should be in contact soon some people get answers like 2 weeks later!

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi!

We were asked for additional docs and they received everything on August 9th and we still did not hear back.
Have faith they should be in contact soon some people get answers like 2 weeks later!

Thanks everyone this is helping me to feel somewhat better....and hoping you hear something very soon as well

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
KIM1960 said:
Hello everyone,

Hello Mr. or Ms. Computergeek,

Small clarifications for my case.

I am a Canadian citizen. I was in only marriage for 28 years. I and my husband have two adult common children.
Our children are living in Canada.
I was separated from my husband for a couple of years and he lost his PR status (our appeal was denied).
Nowadays I am living with my husband in Ukraine from May 2013 year.
I would like to sponsor my husband.

I have a lease agreement in Canada but I do not have a job. I am not on social assistant since April 2013.
We do not have a real estate in Canada but we can manage my mother's condo in Ukraine that we can rent out (if my mother move out to our place).

Can I be approved as a sponsor?

Should I make some money transfer in his behave to be approved as a sponsor? In case of possible rental income in Ukraine I can make some transfers in his behave (approx 300 per month). Does it help? At least CIC will see that I can have some revenue steam. Yes, this is not enough for living in Canada but we will share the dwelling and rent expenses with our children.

Please, help me with your advise! Thank you in advance.

Truly yours

You ignore me, guys. Does it means that from your point of view I do not have a chance to reunite with my only husband for almost 30 years? I do not want to see the whole family together only during Skype sessions