VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"Be afraid, be very afraid.."

sunsetbabe08

Jul 21, 2011
hi there. i have a few questions:

1. is it possible that i send the sponsor and applicant fee first...then send the rprf once the documents are transferred to Manila already?

2. i am the sponsor. planning to sponsor my common law partner who has a child but not planning to include the child this time. probably in 2-3 yrs time we will sponsor the child..should the child also send medicals even not accompanying?

3. since he has a child but non-accompanying, how much should we pay in total for the sponsorship application?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sunsetbabe08 said:
1. is it possible that i send the sponsor and applicant fee first...then send the rprf once the documents are transferred to Manila already?
Yes. It might not slow down your application to do so, but in my experience it has a significant chance of doing so. Still, if you need to stagger out the payment of the RPRF waiting until sponsor approval is a reasonable trade-off.

sunsetbabe08 said:
2. i am the sponsor. planning to sponsor my common law partner who has a child but not planning to include the child this time. probably in 2-3 yrs time we will sponsor the child..should the child also send medicals even not accompanying?
Yes. It is a requirement that the child be examined at the present time. Failure to do so means the child is - as a matter of statute - not considered a member of the family class. Manila is very good at excluding people on these grounds as well.

sunsetbabe08 said:
3. since he has a child but non-accompanying, how much should we pay in total for the sponsorship application?
$75 for sponsor, $475 for the applicant, $150 for the child. That's my calculation of the application fee. There is also a $490 fee for the right of permanent residence, but that only applies to the partner/spouse, not the child.

If you plan on bringing the child over within the next three years, why not just get the child's PR document now, have him/her land and then go back? As long as she or he returns within the first three years there is no issue with respect to the residency obligation. Otherwise, you will need to pay the fee ($150) again when you sponsor later - AND go through the same process again (e.g., getting medicals).

sunsetbabe08

Jul 21, 2011
i have just been here in canada for 5 months. and i have a part-time job for almost 4 months now.

am i eligible to sponsor my common law partner?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sunsetbabe08 said:
i have just been here in canada for 5 months. and i have a part-time job for almost 4 months now.

am i eligible to sponsor my common law partner?
Are you a permanent resident or Canadian citizen?

When did your common-law partner BECOME your common-law partner?

If you are a PR, did you include your common-law partner on your original application?

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
keesio said:
lacrosse - your situation raises a LOT of red flags to me. To be honest, it sounds like you don't really know your wife very well, which is understandable since you haven't known her all that long and the marriage was somewhat arranged. Just remember your own comment about how YOU are on the hook financially for her when (if) she finally arrives. Are you fully comfortable with that? I think you know the answer.
hi keesio: I agree. I am now in between hard place & rock !! People are so nice around here - the way they help it is amazing. I am grateful to all of you. 36 months financial burden is a huge one. I might have to go bankruptcy. I know I have to decide soon. I might go home and start to live with her for longer period of time (since I am citizen) before she gets her Visa. This will cost me money and may be the very job. What a life - I am going through now. Thank you guys....

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
lacrosse said:
hi keesio: I agree. I am now in between hard place & rock !! People are so nice around here - the way they help it is amazing. I am grateful to all of you. 36 months financial burden is a huge one. I might have to go bankruptcy. I know I have to decide soon. I might go home and start to live with her for longer period of time (since I am citizen) before she gets her Visa. This will cost me money and may be the very job. What a life - I am going through now. Thank you guys....

Going back and living with her may be the best idea not only to see if the relationship will last but to test her integrity.

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
computergeek said:
If you plan on bringing the child over within the next three years, why not just get the child's PR document now, have him/her land and then go back? As long as she or he returns within the first three years there is no issue with respect to the residency obligation. Otherwise, you will need to pay the fee ($150) again when you sponsor later - AND go through the same process again (e.g., getting medicals).
Hi computergeek, can you elaborate on getting the child's PR?

My situation is that I am sponsoring my husband. He has a 3 year old child that we added to the application by doing her medicals also. She will not be coming here with him as she will live with her mother but in the future she will come here. Likely she will visit for many years and then decide at 18 if she would like to live here, those are the mothers wishes for now.

Are there steps we should do to ensure that that door is open when she wants to come here?
Can she get her PR and then Citizenship by not living here?
If not, how long does she have to be here to get her PR and then Citizenship?
What would be the most cost effective way of doing this?

Thank you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sandiva said:
Hi computergeek, can you elaborate on getting the child's PR?

My situation is that I am sponsoring my husband. He has a 3 year old child that we added to the application by doing her medicals also. She will not be coming here with him as she will live with her mother but in the future she will come here. Likely she will visit for many years and then decide at 18 if she would like to live here, those are the mothers wishes for now.
If it will be more than a few years, then just have the child examined now. That preserves the right to sponsor in the future - keep in mind that the age for sponsorship of children has been decreased.

When she is ready to come, you will file the application again, she will be examined again and a PR visa will be issued at that time.

sandiva said:
Are there steps we should do to ensure that that door is open when she wants to come here?
Can she get her PR and then Citizenship by not living here?
If not, how long does she have to be here to get her PR and then Citizenship?
What would be the most cost effective way of doing this?
My point was that if it is "a few years" (three or less) she can get the PR now and then just move here within the first three years of landing. But if it will be more than 3 years, she won't be able to meet the PR residency obligation.

A permanent resident must reside in Canada 40% of the time in the "prior 5 year period" (730 days in the previous 5 years). During the FIRST five years, the PR must be ABLE to meet the residency obligation at the five year mark.

She cannot meet her permanent residency obligation if she does not live in Canada. There is no point in obtaining her COPR until such time as she is ready to come to Canada permanently within the next three years.

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
Baby1990 said:
I told my husbans aftervwithdrawal of application when he came to me to apologize. But i called cic to not to withdraw that application. So i dont know anything what wud happen now
Hey Baby1990,

i have some question regarding your relationship with your husband. As I cannot understand why your husband did and why he is apologizing.

1. How is your husband behavior when he is with you or when you both talk to each other?

2. Does he gets really mad/angry with you?

3. Does he gives you enough time when you chat/talk with him or he is busy?

4. What do you think change his mind that he is apologizing to you now?

Also, please keep in mind that it is your life and you and you alone can make this decision. If you think he is apologizing with his heart and will not going to do it in the future and are you safe with him in the future??

As per the withdraw is concerned if they asked you that means they want to confirm it with you. Also call them and tell what you want to do as a final decision.

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
computergeek said:
If it will be more than a few years, then just have the child examined now. That preserves the right to sponsor in the future - keep in mind that the age for sponsorship of children has been decreased.

When she is ready to come, you will file the application again, she will be examined again and a PR visa will be issued at that time.

My point was that if it is "a few years" (three or less) she can get the PR now and then just move here within the first three years of landing. But if it will be more than 3 years, she won't be able to meet the PR residency obligation.

A permanent resident must reside in Canada 40% of the time in the "prior 5 year period" (730 days in the previous 5 years). During the FIRST five years, the PR must be ABLE to meet the residency obligation at the five year mark.

She cannot meet her permanent residency obligation if she does not live in Canada. There is no point in obtaining her COPR until such time as she is ready to come to Canada permanently within the next three years.
Thank you very much!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
lacrosse said:
It's a very tough choice to give up your job and life here but I agree with your decision to try living with her back in your home country. It is best to be as sure as you can that she does plan on having a legitimate marriage with you. Good luck with everything.

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Going back and living with her may be the best idea not only to see if the relationship will last but to test her integrity.

Thank you my friend, CanadianJeepGuy. I have decided to go back home and live with her.....no matter how much financially ....I lose......but it might be effective and will help me decide a big one! Thank you again, my friend.

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
keesio said:
It's a very tough choice to give up your job and life here but I agree with your decision to try living with her back in your home country. It is best to be as sure as you can that she does plan on having a legitimate marriage with you. Good luck with everything.

Hi keesio: It is very tough decision but I have finally making this sacrifice to make my life feel little comfortable....what to do....life is full of test...Thank you for helping me sort out the issue......I owe this forum a lot by now.....especially to those who helped me giving me tips,.....and analysing the situation...Thank you again, my friend.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
lacrosse said:
Hi keesio: It is very tough decision but I have finally making this sacrifice to make my life feel little comfortable....what to do....life is full of test...Thank you for helping me sort out the issue......I owe this forum a lot by now.....especially to those who helped me giving me tips,.....and analysing the situation...Thank you again, my friend.
Good luck to you lacrosse, what ever happens may it be the best for you.