19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Baby1990 said:
HI friends,

I am really scared what should I do?

As I was dependent of my parents and was on conditional pr of business immigration.
Afterwards, I sponsored my husband as u all know.
I got file receive confirmation from cic on june 21 2013 and because of my parents and in-laws issue I sent a request by email to withdraw my application of sponsorship under pressure.
My situation is not too much good. They don't like him.
I called cic call center today. She said she can see that I applied under pnp for my pr and now I applied to sponsor my husband.

I am really confused and scared as I just messed up all my life and cic immigration file too.

I don't wanna loose my status but also don't wanna loose him.

I Got a letter in email saying that they received my email to withdraw my application.
I am totally tensed as it seems may be they didn't get my next email to reverse that.

I don't know what would happen as I messed all things.

If any one can let me know what should I do. I don't know that they would contact me or not before withdrawal of this application. I just want everything okay from now.

Plz suggest me.
Does your husband know you have withdrawn the application? As the main applicant and your husband I think this would be the next thing to do, if he doesn't know, tell him. See how things go from there.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I told my husbans aftervwithdrawal of application when he came to me to apologize. But i called cic to not to withdraw that application. So i dont know anything what wud happen now

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lacrosse said:
You might be right amikety. But what backing would be right - I am NOT sure - right now. Could you opt me few backing please.....? Thank you.
My question to you:

If I was in your situation - I was Canadian sponsoring my husband and I had the same story, what would you think about my situation? Don't be romantic and apply your own feelings. Be objective. If this happened to your brother, cousin, or friend, what would you say?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
I told my husbans aftervwithdrawal of application when he came to me to apologize. But i called cic to not to withdraw that application. So i dont know anything what wud happen now
Of course he's apologizing. He wants PR. You don't find it strange he's apologizing now instead of being a good husband to you before?

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know he is with me for pr. But he could have his pr from his own too to aplly under pnp manitoba. So y he wud fo it. I m confused what to say cic when they wud ask me.
Should i say to continue or withdraw

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Baby1990 said:
I don't know he is with me for pr. But he could have his pr from his own too to aplly under pnp manitoba. So y he wud fo it. I m confused what to say cic when they wud ask me.
Should i say to continue or withdraw
No one here can make that decision for you. That's a personal matter and 100% up to you and you alone.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But i just wanna ask that first i request to withdraw an application but then i called cic to not to stop that file n plz access that so i don't know what would happen.

I m really confusd.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Baby1990 said:
But i just wanna ask that first i request to withdraw an application but then i called cic to not to stop that file n plz access that so i don't know what would happen.

I m really confusd.
You gotta ask yourself why you've decided for the withdrawn of the sponsorship in first place. You must have very strong reasons to have done so, and i don't think the reason would be your parents or in laws. Deep inside of you you must know what the truth is, but maybe you don't want to face it?
As many others said here, no one can tell you what to do, it's totally up to you, it is your life at stakes here.
I don't think CIC will call you to ask you about the reason of the withdrawal but if they do, just tell them you and you're husband we're not getting along, that simple.

CryssyM

Mar 17, 2013
Hello,
I am also posting in the Mexico section but I thought I could learn something new from this section as well.
I am an Aboriginal woman... Canadian ... And I am sponsoring my husband and he is from El Salvador. He was deported in feb 2010 a month and some weeks after our daughters birth :( which is why btw he stayed illegally... We submitted our application oct 2012 because we were told we had to wait 2 years ..... And then we stumbled and tripped up when trying to get all the right documents... Then we had another baby in feb 2012 a baby boy:) our children look so much like my husband as well... Anyways to jump to present we were asked to send more documents and we did. We also got confirmation from USPS that it arrived at the embassy on may 22 at 17:46 but when I emailed them they said they didn't receive it -_- any ideas on what we can do? Any info you can give us to help the application along? I know we need a ARC, do you think it is the next thing they will ask for? I am feeling so impatient, I will be entering my last year at UBC and it is my practicum, so it will be a lot of work and I will be caring for my babies by myself, my family is tired of helping me and so I will be doing all and im afraid it will be to much .... Any idea on how we can make the process faster? Is it likely we will be together in October 2013? They said 6 months in May but like I said the extra document request n the ARC could make it longer.... But can I have hope for October?

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Baby1990 said:

I m really confusd.
I dont think so you can undo your withdrawal now.
and why would CIC call you to confirm or ask you why you have withdrawn your application.?
they want these types of letters where applicant himself withdraws the applications or any kind of complaint.

withdrawal is a big step and you must have had strong reasons to withdraw your application.. so you should not be confused.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Hi Leon,

I want to sponsor my husband from bangladesh and im filling out the application forms, it asks if we had a engagement or a wedding ceremony. Me and him didnt have any kinda ceremony. my parents dont know about our marriege because they would never accept it, since his not so rich and educated lol.... my husbands familly and friends knows everything that we are married and all but didnt really have a wedding party/pictures because his familly is so religious :/ so i don't know what to write there can you please help me out ?
I don't know if immigration canada will believe me but this is the truth :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
maria a said:
Hi Leon,

I want to sponsor my husband from bangladesh and im filling out the application forms, it asks if we had a engagement or a wedding ceremony. Me and him didnt have any kinda ceremony. my parents dont know about our marriege because they would never accept it, since his not so rich and educated lol.... my husbands familly and friends knows everything that we are married and all but didnt really have a wedding party/pictures because his familly is so religious :/ so i don't know what to write there can you please help me out ?
I don't know if immigration canada will believe me but this is the truth :(
Then you would put no. When it asks if your family was present, you need to explain. I will admit, because your parents don't know, and you basically eloped, it may raise some red flags. Make sure the rest of your proofs are strong. Very strong.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
I've known my husband for like a year now and in that one year i went to visit him like 4 times, i have the plane tickets, we also stayed at hotels few times i have recipts and we have lots of pictures together and have phone bills we use to talk like 3-4 hours a day + on skype... will these things be enough for proofs?

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Mrs Selim said:
DVA ...i did not changed my name yet either but if u want to change it you need ur mariage licence and if you been maried before your old licence too..and go too the drivers licence place and get ur dl changed and from there you can do th rest cause the want see a picture id if you need to change it in bank ect..
Tnx Mrs. Selim...

But wondering how it will affect my application if i change it now or what i can do to change it once i have landed.

Compuetrgeek, canadianJeepguy, Leon....anyone.... able to shed some light here....

would it complicate my process any further? And i'll be moving to edmonton (b4 anyone wonders if im moving to quebec)

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, has any one tried to get US Tourist Visa before leaving for good in Phils? my Visa for canada is fast approaching and wanted to know if it is advisable to get US Visa before i leave for good or can I apply immediately in canada as soon as i reach there with my PR status? my purpose is to visit US during weekend. anyone? need your suggestion.