N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Baby1990 said:
Its just bcz of family issues i messed up my immigration file thats gy i m confused n tenaed
We get that. Your main problem is your parents. Take Zardoz's advice. Currently your efforts show a great deal of immaturity that will not help you with CIC.

....and while you are waiting the year to re-apply please take an English writing course.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr jeep guy. I type by my ph so mistake happens. N i knw my english is much better as i work in radio stationand already got 8 ielts band n which are way much higher. May be i m immature but i usually dont reveal that. I m tenses bcz of immigration too.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Ok, I'm curious - why does your parents dislike your husband so much?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Baby1990 said:
Mr jeep guy. I type by my ph so mistake happens. N i knw my english is much better as i work in radio stationand already got 8 ielts band n which are way much higher. May be i m immature but i usually dont reveal that. I m tenses bcz of immigration too.
All you have to do is check what you've typed before you hit send.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy, you are wasting your valuable time on her. You surely know by now that, her posts from the start have been inconsistent. Many, including me, have advised her but she repeats the scenario. Not to mention, her writing. Typing over the phone can't be an excuse for bad writing.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
goodman36 said:
CanadianJeepGuy, you are wasting your valuable time on her. You surely know by now that, her posts from the start have been inconsistent. Many, including me, have advised her but she repeats the scenario. Not to mention, her writing. Typing over the phone can't be an excuse for bad writing.
That may depend on the phone....

You are right. It is a waste of time. Her problems are not immigration ones yet.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Baby1990 said:
Your tension is not caused by immigration, but by your impulsiveness and your relationship problems. If your relationship were going well, and you weren't acting impulsively, you'd just be waiting along with the rest of us, with questions about how long you are going to have to wait, not about what to do after impulsively withdrawing your application and then just as impulsively attempting to un-withdraw your application. Figure out the relationship, and approach your immigration process seriously and deliberately, and your immigration questions will mostly disappear.

Of course, you might have more immigration problems later because you impulsively withdrew the application, or more relationship problems because you impulsively withdrew the application, but those problems will be a consequence of your impulsiveness and relationship problems, not immigration.

The people who are giving you advice here have a lot of valuable knowledge about the immigration process, but it's really hard for any of us to say whether you should or shouldn't get back with your husband, whether the relationship will last, whether he's at fault, your parents are at fault, his parents are at fault, you're at fault, or you all share the blame for the relationship problems. My advice is that you need to stop asking immigration questions, and go figure out your life offline, and then revisit the immigration questions: they should be easy if the relationship is good, and easy if the relationship is bad.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Perhaps what's needed is professional marriage counselling and not immigration advice as the latter can't take place if the marriage is not fixed and that's a very personal decision to take. I can only wish you all the best with that in whatever decision you choose but don't ever feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do. A lot of time and serious thought need to be invested as that will decided your future plans.

r=IvanP link=topic=46995.msg2377759#msg2377759 date=1372521175]
Your tension is not caused by immigration, but by your impulsiveness and your relationship problems. If your relationship were going well, and you weren't acting impulsively, you'd just be waiting along with the rest of us, with questions about how long you are going to have to wait, not about what to do after impulsively withdrawing your application and then just as impulsively attempting to un-withdraw your application. Figure out the relationship, and approach your immigration process seriously and deliberately, and your immigration questions will mostly disappear.

Of course, you might have more immigration problems later because you impulsively withdrew the application, or more relationship problems because you impulsively withdrew the application, but those problems will be a consequence of your impulsiveness and relationship problems, not immigration.

The people who are giving you advice here have a lot of valuable knowledge about the immigration process, but it's really hard for any of us to say whether you should or shouldn't get back with your husband, whether the relationship will last, whether he's at fault, your parents are at fault, his parents are at fault, you're at fault, or you all share the blame for the relationship problems. My advice is that you need to stop asking immigration questions, and go figure out your life offline, and then revisit the immigration questions: they should be easy if the relationship is good, and easy if the relationship is bad.
[/quote]
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
goodman36 said:
Yes, the claim for band 8 IELTS is incredulous at best. People with band 6 write far better than that.

I smelled Troll a long time ago and decide to waste my time elsewhere :D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
amikety said:
Yes, the claim for band 8 IELTS is incredulous at best. People with band 6 write far better than that.

I smelled Troll a long time ago and decide to waste my time elsewhere :D
We'll know for sure if she comes back and says "Woe is me.. What should I do?", again... Except of course, the English will not be that clear.
I suspect that the 1990 in her name might be DoB.

Laurier

Dec 6, 2012
I'm back. From the time of my last post a lot of new developments.
I went and saw an immigration lawyer here in Montreal and she managed to get through access of information all the previous history of visa applications made on behalf of my partner. It helped ... a bit.
To make a long story short my partner is no longer afraid , she's not intimidated anymore by the people who had her work as a live in nanny for all these years. She lives with me now and her application to extend her temporary visitor status for another 6 months was approved just last week. It was interesting this morning we were just reading on the news about that Chinese couple in BC being charged with human trafficking and enslavement of a Philippino nanny. Knowledge is power ... what a change for her since last year.
As I mentioned somewhere in a previous post we intend to get married once my divorce is finalized sometime this fall. Then I intend to make an application for spousal sponsorship. It would help if she could get one more 6 month extension of her temporary visitor status once this one is done in November. What are the chances of her being approved one more time if she made another application? That would make a total of 6 + 6 + 6 =18 consecutive months she will have been in Canada (6 months as a WX-1 worker with her previous people and 12 months with me as a visitor). Will Canada Immigration frown upon that? Or is it better for her to return to the Philippines for a while and then re-apply to visit me in Canada from the Philippines?
Thank you everyone,
Laurier

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
FRIENDS - PL HELP ME WITH BELOW QUERY

my friend is on PR status in Canada and his spouse is in canada too on approved spousal sponsorship , currently file awaiting action from CPP-O

Spouse status is about to expire - can she apply for BOWP to remain in Status ???

wt alternative pl

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
terki said:
FRIENDS - PL HELP ME WITH BELOW QUERY

my friend is on PR status in Canada and his spouse is in canada too on approved spousal sponsorship , currently file awaiting action from CPP-O

Spouse status is about to expire - can she apply for BOWP to remain in Status ???

wt alternative pl
There is no open work permit options for Outland spousal sponsorship. It sounds like that's what you're describing. Your friend's wife needs to get a visitor's extension.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
He should write "Open Work Permit Application - Please Process when AIP is granted" on the top. It's a generic form so write "N/A" where things don't apply (like the employer name).

[/quote]
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot find on the cic website where I can pay for the work permit??? Im stressing cause I wanted to send it today!! Anyone know where I can find it??

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
Hi magessss: Thank you again. Yeah I am trying to take a long vacation.

"You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad" - This is very good wordings.

"More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future" - I am not taking hasty decision. So I am just trying to READ her more closely, if I live with her little longer....like even 3 months....How's the idea?

"If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get" - Nobody is perfect and I am NOT perfect either. However, I would quote you again what I am trying to figure out - "You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad". Am I right now ?

magessss:
True, I agree with you. Also, keep in mind that you don't need to leave your job but is it possible to take a vocation at least.

It is a tough decision to make and how can you say if the person you are trying to have relationship is fake or not. You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad.

Try to see the back ground of the family or see how they like you. More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future. If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get.

[/quote]