Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
lacrosse said:
Hi magessss: Thank you again. Yeah I am trying to take a long vacation.

"You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad" - This is very good wordings.

"More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future" - I am not taking hasty decision. So I am just trying to READ her more closely, if I live with her little longer....like even 3 months....How's the idea?

"If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get" - Nobody is perfect and I am NOT perfect either. However, I would quote you again what I am trying to figure out - "You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad". Am I right now ?

magessss:
True, I agree with you. Also, keep in mind that you don't need to leave your job but is it possible to take a vocation at least.

It is a tough decision to make and how can you say if the person you are trying to have relationship is fake or not. You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad.

Try to see the back ground of the family or see how they like you. More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future. If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get.
Good luck and Best wishes to you. God help you in your goals.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lacrosse said:
Hi magessss: Thank you again. Yeah I am trying to take a long vacation.

"You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad" - This is very good wordings.

"More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future" - I am not taking hasty decision. So I am just trying to READ her more closely, if I live with her little longer....like even 3 months....How's the idea?

"If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get" - Nobody is perfect and I am NOT perfect either. However, I would quote you again what I am trying to figure out - "You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad". Am I right now ?

magessss:
True, I agree with you. Also, keep in mind that you don't need to leave your job but is it possible to take a vocation at least.

It is a tough decision to make and how can you say if the person you are trying to have relationship is fake or not. You can see if the person that trust you and will help you in your life no matter what conditions apply good or bad.

Try to see the back ground of the family or see how they like you. More over don't take any hasty decision that you are going to regret in the future. If there are some one from your side that can give you any information regarding the perfect wife you can get.
Personally, I don't think 3 months is long enough. Many fraudsters are determined and can lie and carry on the lie for years until they get PR and run off. Just my two cents.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
amikety said:
Personally, I don't think 3 months is long enough. Many fraudsters are determined and can lie and carry on the lie for years until they get PR and run off. Just my two cents.
I've heard a case where the couple was together for 4 years prior to the application, the spouse left the sponsor 3 months after landing stating he didn't love her anymore.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Celi2013 said:
Hi, I am venezuelan with a Canadian boyfriend. We would like to get married and be together as soon as possible here in Canada.
I currently live in Mexico.
I would like to know...
What documents do I need to get married here?
Is there a minimum monthly income that my boyfriend has to prove?
Can I introduce the application after marriage while being in Canada still, even when I am going to do the process from outside the country?

I have 2000 other questions but this is good for now. Thank you so much!!!!
Read the first post in this thread. Also, start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

There are a lot of documents that must be gathered up.

There is no fixed minimum income required.

You always have the right to request processing through the office for your country of citizenship. If you have been legally admitted to your country of residence for a year or longer, you may process through the office of your country of residence. You can be anywhere in the world and do this - including inside Canada.

If you wish to apply in Canada for processing inside Canada, then there are restrictions, but that doesn't sound like it applies to your case.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Laurier said:
I'm back. From the time of my last post a lot of new developments.
I went and saw an immigration lawyer here in Montreal and she managed to get through access of information all the previous history of visa applications made on behalf of my partner. It helped ... a bit.
To make a long story short my partner is no longer afraid , she's not intimidated anymore by the people who had her work as a live in nanny for all these years. She lives with me now and her application to extend her temporary visitor status for another 6 months was approved just last week. It was interesting this morning we were just reading on the news about that Chinese couple in BC being charged with human trafficking and enslavement of a Philippino nanny. Knowledge is power ... what a change for her since last year.
As I mentioned somewhere in a previous post we intend to get married once my divorce is finalized sometime this fall. Then I intend to make an application for spousal sponsorship. It would help if she could get one more 6 month extension of her temporary visitor status once this one is done in November. What are the chances of her being approved one more time if she made another application? That would make a total of 6 + 6 + 6 =18 consecutive months she will have been in Canada (6 months as a WX-1 worker with her previous people and 12 months with me as a visitor). Will Canada Immigration frown upon that? Or is it better for her to return to the Philippines for a while and then re-apply to visit me in Canada from the Philippines?
Thank you everyone,
Laurier
If she was a victim of human trafficking (like the woman here in BC), then there are special accommodations for people in her situation (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/trp.asp).

My advice is that you should continue trying to keep her in Canada as a visitor as long as possible. The chances of her obtaining a TRV from outside Canada are very low - Manila refuses most TRVs in cases such as that. The inland offices are more likely to be sympathetic to allowing her to remain in Canada.

After 12 months living with you, even if you are not married, your relationship would be qualifying (common-law) and you could apply to sponsor.

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
magessss said:
Good luck and Best wishes to you. God help you in your goals.
Thank you, magessss. At the end of the day, God always helps those who help themselves. My intention is honest and I am trying best to keep my marriage, as well as keep it safe. Finally, nobody can avoid destiny, luck and 'irony of fate'. am I right ?

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
amikety said:

Dear amikety: I 'extremely' agree with you. If needed, this three months could go longer......and I am getting ready for it. For some people lying is part and parcel of life! They never win finally, they think they are gaining....but they basically fight with wind, and you never win the battle with wind/air. Temporarily they gain something, but most part of their life they regret - I strongly believe it. If you are honest, you might need to struggle your hardship, but you have peace of mind - at least few days before you die. I believe what I am doing is nothing but for my clean and pure intention. May God help me. As I said in the last post, nobody can avoid his/her destiny but you could try your best to accommodate your believe in your mind. We, human being, always do mistake - either emotionally or because of trust. You trust someone with NO condition, then you might get hurt. You don't trust anybody, you never get hurt. Right ?

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Ok... so time is finally winding down and I'll be with the love of my life shortly (October 22nd)
I've asked this question before, but I reviewed different responses.... So hopefully this time I can get one solid answer, and my question is: How long can I stay in Canada after my 6months? (I'm from California) do I have to leave right away after my six months is over? can my boyfriend drive me down the border and back into Canada? I'll be living with him so we can file for common law, we talked about marriage, but that's up in the air.

How long can I stay if not 6 months?
Would I have to leave immediate after 6 months?
How soon can I return?

Thank you all so much I'm advance! x

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KKRSTNA said:
Ok... so time is finally winding down and I'll be with the love of my life shortly (October 22nd)
I've asked this question before, but I reviewed different responses.... So hopefully this time I can get one solid answer, and my question is: How long can I stay in Canada after my 6months? (I'm from California) do I have to leave right away after my six months is over? can my boyfriend drive me down the border and back into Canada? I'll be living with him so we can file for common law, we talked about marriage, but that's up in the air.

How long can I stay if not 6 months?
Would I have to leave immediate after 6 months?
How soon can I return?

Thank you all so much I'm advance! x
You can ask to stay longer in Canada, or you can leave Canada and return (which resets the six month clock). I've read several people on this forum report being given additional time (to qualify for common-law status) from the US. While not codified in law, the reality is that Canadian/US couples have the lowest level of scrutiny by CIC and CBSA. That doesn't mean there isn't scrutiny, just that it's quite relaxed.

If you wish to ask to stay longer in Canada, you will want to do so by sending in the application to extend your stay as a visitor to CIC. This can be done online and you must pay the $75 application fee.

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Thank you so much Computergeek!

When should I file for the extension? just a few weeks or so before the 6 months is over? or sooner?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KKRSTNA said:
Thank you so much Computergeek!

When should I file for the extension? just a few weeks or so before the 6 months is over? or sooner?
As long as CIC recieves your application to extend status before your current status expires, you may remain in Canada under "implied status". The CIC website says you should apply at least 30 days in advance, but that's not a legal requirement.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
computergeek... My study permit expires December 2013...lets say i apply for extension(study permit) does that mean i can continue to study under implied status and for some reason if it gets rejected will i be considered out of status?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
guri3577 said:
computergeek... My study permit expires December 2013...lets say i apply for extension(study permit) does that mean i can continue to study under implied status and for some reason if it gets rejected will i be considered out of status?
Right - you are covered by implied status as long as CIC receives your renewal application before the expiration of your current status document. Note that just because CIC will grant you implied status does not mean that others will do so - a school isn't bound by CIC's rules (for example). However, in my experience, if you show a fee paid receipt they normally believe you when you say your application is pending.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My out-land sponsorship application is in SVO since October last year. Then in February this year, got an e-mail from SVO asking to send them a notarized copy of my wife's birth certificate which we did promptly. After that, no response.

When we submitted the file originally, I didn't include a copy of my traveling document (copy of ticket/ boarding pass etc.) when I traveled to get married in my home country last year. Even though in the Forms, we stated when we got married and when I left for Canada, not including a copy of the boarding passes to show proof pf my travel has been bothering me.

Should I sent it now or it is not that of an important document?

Appreciate any thought on this.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Only send it IF they ask for it, which they won't.