Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Inland for Family class is Vegreville. Outland is Mississauga.
I rated you! I hope you can continue to help us :)

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Hey there,

Just found this great thread while searching online!

I'm in an uncertain situation and would greatly appreciate any feedback / advice etc. Here is my long story short below:

I sent an inland spousal application in June 2012. My refugee application was denied in around February 2012. I did not receive any correspondence/ letter from CBSA until August 2012. I went to the CBSA office for an interview expecting a PRRA, but the officer said my Refugee application was denied within one year and i am not eligible for PRRA, and cross checked that we applied for spousal sponsorship and said we can get a 60 day deferral and after that if we dont get any reply from CIC , be prepared to leave by October/ Nov 2012.

Well, this is june 2013 and i just received a letter from CBSA to appear for an interview for PRRA. My inland spousal application has not been approved in principal yet and was sent to local office in Etobicoke according to the last letter I received from CIC in January 2013. I thought CBSA wouldnt be bothering us until we know the result, but guess not.

I would like to know if they will give only a 60 day deferral? or will they wait and defer the PRRA until first stage approval, as we applied long time before.
If only 60 days, does that countdown start from the interview day or after I get the result of PRRA?
And if it is possible to " stay " the removal order through Federal Court or stall it till we get First Stage Approval...? If yes I would need a knowledgeable/ honest lawyer .. any suggestions :)

Please feel free to post your suggestions or if any information is needed. Thanks Again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shilru said:
Hello Everyone,

Im in a sticky situation and need some advice. My girlfriend had a 1 week TRP ( Temporary Resident Permit), issued to her on the 4th of January 2013. We applied for the extension of TRP but it was not granted (processing took until the 24th of May to complete). She was issued a refusal letter and told to leave canada and return to India. We got married ( Im a canadian citizen), in February while we waited for the TRP decision from CIC. We were dating for 2 years before the marriage and I have plenty of evidence (photos, phone records, emails), to prove that it was a legitimate relationship. My question is whether she should go back to India and do an outland sponsorship or stay here and try for the Inland (she will be out of status). My worry is that the outland will take even longer than the usual processing time due to the questions the TRP would raise . Should I try the inland Sponsorship? I don't want to be away from her for months or possibly years. Your insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
She needs to leave Canada. If she doesn't, CIC will likely start proceeding to remove her and having an inland application filed won't stop her from being removed from the country. Since she has been specifically told to leave, she needs to comply. Failing to comply will only cause problems for your application. So applying outland is your best option at this point.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
scylla said:
She needs to leave Canada. If she doesn't, CIC will likely start proceeding to remove her and having an inland application filed won't stop her from being removed from the country. Since she has been specifically told to leave, she needs to comply. Failing to comply will only cause problems for your application. So applying outland is your best option at this point.
If she was issued a departure order, then I agree with Scylla - its imperative to depart on time.

However, if all she received was a letter saying she must leave (but NOT a departure order) then I'd suggest you find a good Canadian immigration lawyer and consult with her or him about your options. CBSA will not stay a removal order until AIP is granted (first stage for inland). A departure order demanding that she leave in 30 days becomes a deportation order (and a lifetime ban on returning to Canada) if it is not obeyed. But if there is no departure order, then you may have additional flexibility (though not without risk). An experienced immigration attorney (not a consultant) will be able to better advise you on your best options.

She should ensure that if she did receive a departure order that she check in with CBSA prior to departing Canada. Otherwise, they may treat it as an unacknowledged departure order - which becomes a deportation orders.

A lifetime ban CAN be overcome, but it requires an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) and 6-12 months additional processing time.

Why was the TRP granted in the first place? I wouldn't expect any issues for her PR application if she leaves, though, but if she is inadmissible that inadmissibility needs to be addressed before applying for PR:

The person being sponsored must resolve the circumstances that resulted in the inadmissibility before submitting an application for permanent residence.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Hey Guys. How's everyone doing?

I have a question. I emailed CIC SPVO last Friday asking for any information on my application, and they replied to me today saying they received my application in SPVO on March 12th and they will start pre-analyzing it this week.
What does pre-analyzing means?
Once they open my package, what is the average time it will take until PPR?
I am so anxious! (as everybody else)
Your comments will be highly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
computergeek said:
Why was the TRP granted in the first place? I wouldn't expect any issues for her PR application if she leaves, though, but if she is inadmissible that inadmissibility needs to be addressed before applying for PR:
If this was in fact a TRP (rather than a TRV) then I think she must leave regardless of whether the letter is a departure order or simple instructions to leave. It's my understanding that expiry dates for TRPs are taken extremely seriously and it's quite problematic if you overstay.

If this was actually a TRV - then that's another story and I agree that a call to a lawyer would be in order.

If it was a TRP - I think it's time to go.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Today I went to apply for SIN
and they told me my COPR is not validated.. and they have to manually send the papers to the immigration..
Thus, could not give me SIN
it will be mailed out to my address in 3-4 weeks.

has this happened to anybody ?

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
UsCa said:
Today I went to apply for SIN
and they told me my COPR is not validated.. and they have to manually send the papers to the immigration..
Thus, could not give me SIN
it will be mailed out to my address in 3-4 weeks.

has this happened to anybody ?
I'd love to find this out, as well, as I'll be going tomorrow to get my SIN. You did sign the COPR and the officer, filled out the sections they were responsible for, correct?

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
muffy1 said:
I'd love to find this out, as well, as I'll be going tomorrow to get my SIN. You did sign the COPR and the officer, filled out the sections they were responsible for, correct?
yes. I did

the person there said the system is not validating my name :eek:

so lets see when I get my sin card mailed.. he did gave a number to call back IF i dont get it on time
and also told that this happens a lot and they have to send it in manually

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
UsCa said:
yes. I did

the person there said the system is not validating my name :eek:

so lets see when I get my sin card mailed.. he did gave a number to call back IF i dont get it on time
and also told that this happens a lot and they have to send it in manually
I am not sure if it's an immigration issue at all, more of a government one. A friend of mine (or rather, a friend of my parents!)'s child just got his SIN to work, and there was an issue with his name not validating. The whole family is Canadian so I think it's just the government sometimes screwing up. (Sometimes HAHAHA understatement eh? haha)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
parker24 said:
I am not sure if it's an immigration issue at all, more of a government one. A friend of mine (or rather, a friend of my parents!)'s child just got his SIN to work, and there was an issue with his name not validating. The whole family is Canadian so I think it's just the government sometimes screwing up. (Sometimes HAHAHA understatement eh? haha)
So, did that person got his SIN or not ?
I am little worried now

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
So, you don't even have your # yet, correct, as opposed to just not having your card? Do you know how long it can take to receive your SIN card? I only ask because I certainly want to work asap lol :)

I'm sure you won't be waiting too long! Sorry this happened to you :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
muffy1 said:
So, you don't even have your # yet, correct, as opposed to just not having your card? Do you know how long it can take to receive your SIN card? I only ask because I certainly want to work asap lol :)

I'm sure you won't be waiting too long! Sorry this happened to you :)
No, I did not get the number. the person said he cannot give me..

he said I should be getting the card within 3-4 weeks time

and i heard from the other person (who was also there to get sin) the person told him the same that he would get sin card in same time

yes. I am already getting bored at home.. and didnt find canada as good as I thought (may be its kinda depression..new country..new people)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Awww...UsCa.....I'm sorry to hear that!! Don't worry...it will get better :) If you plan on working, that will help as well...you'll be able to get out of the house and work towards goals/etc. Have you looked into any community groups that are out there for newcomers?

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
muffy1 said:
Awww...UsCa.....I'm sorry to hear that!! Don't worry...it will get better :) If you plan on working, that will help as well...you'll be able to get out of the house and work towards goals/etc. Have you looked into any community groups that are out there for newcomers?
no... what are those... how to join them ?

its super depressing here.. feel like going back to US