+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

neverz

Feb 8, 2012
thanks for the reply everyone basically she is trying to hunt the job but what if she didnt get job after doing all the effort so what would be happened in this scenario. let me tell you little about my self right now i am in UK on student VISa i had finish my MBA here and also i had done professional certifications like Prince2 and ITIL so i if i represent my self in application that i have potential i can get easily job so how i can do this or if we show them some savings so they will consider that or if yes so whats the criteria.

thanks in advance for your response

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Hi Guys,

New to this thread. Im the primary applicant for a spousal PR and had sent our file on 6th may to CPC-M.

Now, our file got retuned back to my husbands address in canada because we missed a signature, but in the meantime we also figured out some mistakes or additions that would have helped the file.

My question is that if they have returned the file and asked specifically for some corrections, is it safe for me to assume that they have gone through the entire file and the rest of the file is ok? Mainly the sponsors part, because i know after SA the file will head to New Delhi where my papers will be scrutinized.

Why i'm asking is becasue we had sent 3 years NOA of my husband and wondering if we stick to that when we are returning the file or do we get an Option C print out?

A second question is regarding the Country specific Instructions, there is a form for Foreign travel details.

I grew up in the gulf and till the age of 15 i came down to india every summer vacation we had and obviously my passport has those stamps. After 15 i settled in India and the only foreign trip i had was a 10 day trip to malaysia in 2008. In such a case, should i mention every trip i have ever had as stamped in my passprt or only the ones after i turned 18.

please advice.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
well i believe in social assistance, disability is an exception, in my case, as am a disable person, i can apply for my spouse even though am on social assistant with disability.. hope this will clear people with disability..

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
hello,
i am a canadian pr since last december (landed in BC). my girlfriend who is from china is on visitor visa here right now. since her visitor visa is about to expire soon, we are planning to get married first with a civil ceremony (so that we can get the marriage certificate) to apply for her extension for visitor visa and then later in 2-3 months also do a religious ceremony when our family members from our home country can come here.

i have 2 questions, if one of the members can please help me with this:

1) we are planning to do register our marriage in Toronto (for some reasons). is it ok to register outside the province where i am suppose to live in, since i am suppose to live in BC.

2) has anyone done this before where they had a civil ceremony and then a religious ceremony at a later date. will this be ok when i apply for PR paper

if you can please let me know as this would really help us out.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
DVA said:
Hi Guys,

New to this thread. Im the primary applicant for a spousal PR and had sent our file on 6th may to CPC-M.

Now, our file got retuned back to my husbands address in canada because we missed a signature, but in the meantime we also figured out some mistakes or additions that would have helped the file.

My question is that if they have returned the file and asked specifically for some corrections, is it safe for me to assume that they have gone through the entire file and the rest of the file is ok? Mainly the sponsors part, because i know after SA the file will head to New Delhi where my papers will be scrutinized.

Why i'm asking is becasue we had sent 3 years NOA of my husband and wondering if we stick to that when we are returning the file or do we get an Option C print out?

A second question is regarding the Country specific Instructions, there is a form for Foreign travel details.

I grew up in the gulf and till the age of 15 i came down to india every summer vacation we had and obviously my passport has those stamps. After 15 i settled in India and the only foreign trip i had was a 10 day trip to malaysia in 2008. In such a case, should i mention every trip i have ever had as stamped in my passprt or only the ones after i turned 18.

please advice.
I'm not sure how well they go through to applications but if they sent it back for a missing signature then I would assume they do.

I sent copies of my T4's which were acceptable. If your spouse has those he can include those copies with the NOA's.

Follow the rules of the guide. I believe you need to only list the places you have lived for more than 6 months outside your country. If you feel its necessary you can add a separate list of trips you have taken and the reason so that it explains the stamps in your passport.

GEVOTO

Jun 5, 2013
Hi friends,
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and I want to sponsor my common-law wife and our child. We have continuous relationship (Almost 10 years) and we have a 2 years old son. Right now I'm located in Bulgaria with them, but I plan to come back to Canada and resided there. Now I'm preparing a documents for the sponsorship. I have few questions and I'll be very happy, if someone of you can help me and give me an advice:

1. Can I prepare all documents right now and when I came back to Canada just to forward them to Missisagua, or I need to live for a some period of time in Canada before to submit an application. (We lived together for almoust 3 years in Bulgaria). If I can prepare the documents right now, is there will be a problem with the dates of our signatures, because i know that i need to apply from Canada (I'm not canadian citizen, only PR) and we will fill the application before i resided in Canada.

2. I see that there is a Country Specific Instructions for East Europe (IMM3902e). There is point 8 called CHILDREN'S INFORMATION.
Consent for immigration
If you have children under 18 years of age who will accompany you to Canada, you must submit an original notarized consent form (see end of Appendix A) signed by the other parent allowing your children to immigrate with you. This document will not be returned to you.

I see this consent forms at the end of Appendix A, but I think that in my case when I whant to sponsor my common-law partner and our child I DONT need to fill it. What is your opinion did i need to fill this consent forms when I have PR card and I whant to sponsor two of them??? And instead of this did I need to provide notarized certificate document that I give right to my child to travel with my wife (I think that this document need to be shown on the Bulgarian airport when they will travel to Canada.) If I don't need to fill this consent forms and leave Children's information unmarked is there will be a problem in the future with my application???

Thank you for your time and answers :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How long have you been outside Canada? As a PR, you must reside in Canada while processing of the sponsorship application.

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
hello,
sorry for so many questions, but i want to get the details properly. my girlfriend is currently in Canada on visitor visa and we are planning to get married soon. Right now since her visitor visa is about to expire in 2 months we are going to have a civil ceremony so that for her visitor visa renewal application, we can show that we have now been married and we will be filing for her PR shortly.

however i just noticed that to get the marriage certificate takes anywhere between 1-2 months. my question was is there any other paper we can include for her renewal of visitor visa application that will show we are now married as we cannot get the marriage certificate in time.

has anyone else been through the same experience. if you can please help i would really appreciate the same.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Here is a thread concerning the sponsoring of children born outside Canada to a permanent resident parent.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/child-born-outside-canada-not-us-to-permanent-residents-parents-t78966.0.html

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
GEVOTO said:
Hi friends,
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and I want to sponsor my common-law wife and our child. We have continuous relationship (Almost 10 years) and we have a 2 years old son. Right now I'm located in Bulgaria with them, but I plan to come back to Canada and resided there.
You don't mention when you became a permanent resident, but if it was within the past ~9 years your common-law partner has already been examined, which means your application to sponsor will likely be rather faster than normal (they only need to update the previous examination). Similarly, if you landed since the birth of your son, he has also been previously examined.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kan12 said:
hello,
sorry for so many questions, but i want to get the details properly. my girlfriend is currently in Canada on visitor visa and we are planning to get married soon. Right now since her visitor visa is about to expire in 2 months we are going to have a civil ceremony so that for her visitor visa renewal application, we can show that we have now been married and we will be filing for her PR shortly.

however i just noticed that to get the marriage certificate takes anywhere between 1-2 months. my question was is there any other paper we can include for her renewal of visitor visa application that will show we are now married as we cannot get the marriage certificate in time.

has anyone else been through the same experience. if you can please help i would really appreciate the same.
Try making a copy of the executed marriage licence after everyone has signed off on it and sending that along.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ipoo said:
well i believe in social assistance, disability is an exception, in my case, as am a disable person, i can apply for my spouse even though am on social assistant with disability.. hope this will clear people with disability..
Yes that is correct. I am also on ODSP :)

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
computergeek said:
Try making a copy of the executed marriage licence after everyone has signed off on it and sending that along.
Hi computergeek: I understand if someone has Bankruptcy can't sponsor spouse in 7 years until it is clear. But what if someone has filed for 'consumer proposal', can he/she sponsor spouse of NOT. Please help me from your vast knowledge of immigration. Thanks in advance. By the way, I put this question as an independent post but nobody responded yet. So I thought I should ask you.

GEVOTO

Jun 5, 2013
computergeek said:
You don't mention when you became a permanent resident, but if it was within the past ~9 years your common-law partner has already been examined, which means your application to sponsor will likely be rather faster than normal (they only need to update the previous examination). Similarly, if you landed since the birth of your son, he has also been previously examined.
Hi computergeek, I became a PR in 2001, after that I came back to Bulgaria to study and our relationship with my wife is from 2003.... Please can you explain me more about the chance that my application to sponsor will likely be rather faster than normal. What did you mean with "previously examined".

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
GEVOTO said:
Hi computergeek, I became a PR in 2001, after that I came back to Bulgaria to study and our relationship with my wife is from 2003.... Please can you explain me more about the chance that my application to sponsor will likely be rather faster than normal. What did you mean with "previously examined".
So, back to my original question.. How long have you been outside Canada? Do you meet the residency obligation requirements?