+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I'm from the US, as well! Where abouts if you don't mind me asking? May I also ask what province you landed? There are a number of groups that offer services to newcomers. A lot of them offer things such as work training/language courses/financial training, etc but they also offer support groups, as well. If you are on Ontario by chance, I will post a link(s) that has all the information. Otherwise, you can do an internet search within your province or city and get all this information. I can definitely understand how you feel. I think most of us feel like that at some point. I know I was and still do get homesick, myself. But, there's nothing better than being with my Hubby :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
UsCa said:
So, did that person got his SIN or not ?
I am little worried now
Yes he got it eventually. I believe they had to call a week later and they finally got it all sorted out.

As for the newcomers thing, I understand! I am not the immigrant, but I saw my husband go through it and it broke my heart. Maybe look for volunteering or you can even start job searching and working on your resume and you will have a SIN soon and then you can just jump onto the job search bandwagon!

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
muffy1 said:
I'm from the US, as well! Where abouts if you don't mind me asking? May I also ask what province you landed? There are a number of groups that offer services to newcomers. A lot of them offer things such as work training/language courses/financial training, etc but they also offer support groups, as well. If you are on Ontario by chance, I will post a link(s) that has all the information. Otherwise, you can do an internet search within your province or city and get all this information. I can definitely understand how you feel. I think most of us feel like that at some point. I know I was and still do get homesick, myself. But, there's nothing better than being with my Hubby :)

I also live in Ontario...
I am from California

yes being with my spouse is the ONLY thing which makes me stay here otherwise I would have gone back after 2 days I landed... :(

parker24 said:
Yes he got it eventually. I believe they had to call a week later and they finally got it all sorted out.
Oh thanks Parker24..
That gives me little hope that I will be getting SIN number soon.. (somewhere I felt I got a fake copr.. :-[ )

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
UsCa said:
I am from California

yes being with my spouse is the ONLY thing which makes me stay here otherwise I would have gone back after 2 days I landed... :(

Oh thanks Parker24..
That gives me little hope that I will be getting SIN number soon.. (somewhere I felt I got a fake copr.. :-[ )
Hey UsCa,

If you go to this link.....then scroll to page 39- there are some groups listed there, by region. I'm sure there will be something that you might find suitable. Have you thought about volunteering or signing up for any recreational activities? Those are also good ways to meet friends. I'm in Ontario, as well! If you're ever in London...let me know :)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
UsCa said:
I am from California

Oh thanks Parker24..
Depending on where you are in Ontario I can understand the boredom. There is quite a lot of adjustment for the one immigrating. Especially if you are used to the climate.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the Sponsor for an outland-application.

The Application is with Singapore VO. Because of address changes of my spouse, she is sending a letter to visa officer to update the address.

Meanwhile, my phone number has changed too. Prior notifications has come in e-mails. Should I need to report my phone number change as well?

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
computergeek said:
If she was issued a departure order, then I agree with Scylla - its imperative to depart on time.

However, if all she received was a letter saying she must leave (but NOT a departure order) then I'd suggest you find a good Canadian immigration lawyer and consult with her or him about your options. CBSA will not stay a removal order until AIP is granted (first stage for inland). A departure order demanding that she leave in 30 days becomes a deportation order (and a lifetime ban on returning to Canada) if it is not obeyed. But if there is no departure order, then you may have additional flexibility (though not without risk). An experienced immigration attorney (not a consultant) will be able to better advise you on your best options.

She should ensure that if she did receive a departure order that she check in with CBSA prior to departing Canada. Otherwise, they may treat it as an unacknowledged departure order - which becomes a deportation orders.

A lifetime ban CAN be overcome, but it requires an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) and 6-12 months additional processing time.

Why was the TRP granted in the first place? I wouldn't expect any issues for her PR application if she leaves, though, but if she is inadmissible that inadmissibility needs to be addressed before applying for PR:
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into and replying to my post.

Her employer had completed and sent a LMO while she was waiting for her online work permit extension to be processed. When she got her LMO, she was informed by the immigration consultant she was working with to go to the boarder so that she can get her work permit immediately rather of waiting for the online application .Since she crossed the boarder her implied status was lost, her online application became invalid and the CBSA issued her a TRP. She ended up losing her Job the same day. Here is what the TRP refusal letter states " I nearby notify you that the permit you requested will not be granted. Consequently, you MUST leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily,enforcement action may be taken against you." From what you have stated in your response, this seems like a refusal letter rather than a departure order.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
UsCa said:
I am from California

Oh thanks Parker24..
We're in Ontario too! My husband is from TN, he was a bit taken aback by all the snow compared to TN and was VERY happy to see our cities just plowing through the snow (Nashville shuts down haha). Now he loves the snow, even tries to get me to go out in it.. NO THANK YOU! It'll take some time to get used to it, but eventually it'll be HOME :)

That said, Northern Ontario is very... uhh.. boring haha.

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
scylla said:
If this was in fact a TRP (rather than a TRV) then I think she must leave regardless of whether the letter is a departure order or simple instructions to leave. It's my understanding that expiry dates for TRPs are taken extremely seriously and it's quite problematic if you overstay.

If this was actually a TRV - then that's another story and I agree that a call to a lawyer would be in order.

If it was a TRP - I think it's time to go.
Hi Scylla,

Thank you for replying to my post. It was in fact a TRP. Here is what happened.

Her employer had completed and sent a LMO while she was waiting for her online work permit extension application to be processed. When she got her LMO she was informed by the immigration consultant she was working with to go to the boarder so that she can get her work permit immediately rather of waiting for the online application .Since she crossed the boarder her implied status was lost, her online application became invalid and the CBSA issued her a TRP. She ended up losing her Job the same day. Here is what the TRP refusal letter states " I nearby notify you that the permit you requested will not be granted. Consequently, you MUST leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily,enforcement action may be taken against you."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shilru said:
Hi Scylla,

Thank you for replying to my post. It was in fact a TRP. Here is what happened.

Her employer had completed and sent a LMO while she was waiting for her online work permit extension application to be processed. When she got her LMO she was informed by the immigration consultant she was working with to go to the boarder so that she can get her work permit immediately rather of waiting for the online application .Since she crossed the boarder her implied status was lost, her online application became invalid and the CBSA issued her a TRP. She ended up losing her Job the same day. Here is what the TRP refusal letter states " I nearby notify you that the permit you requested will not be granted. Consequently, you MUST leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily,enforcement action may be taken against you."
Sorry to hear that.

In my opinion she definitely needs to go.

If you want to try having her stay, consult with a good immigration lawyer asap. Don't sit on this.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
UsCa said:
thank you Parker24 and muffy1
No problem! Anytime! I just hope it helps! Anytime you want to blow off some steam, you know where to find us ;) Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)

vinu2800

Jun 4, 2013
Hi All,

Currently i have PR and and leaving in CANADA and i was thinking go back to my native country for short period of time around 3-4 months and may be get married there, so if i get married in my native country what are my options get my wife along with me to canada.

1. Can I apply for PR Sponsorship from my native country?
2. Can My wife apply for visitor/Dependent Visa to enter into canada ( I heard from some of my friends that visitor visa was rejected)
3. in case she enters into canada with visitor visa can we apply for PR within canada?

your responses and answers will be appreciated, thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vinu2800 said:
1. Can I apply for PR Sponsorship from my native country?
2. Can My wife apply for visitor/Dependent Visa to enter into canada ( I heard from some of my friends that visitor visa was rejected)
3. in case she enters into canada with visitor visa can we apply for PR within canada?
1. No. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada to sponsor.
2. Yes. Your wife can certainly try to apply for a visitor visa. Unfortunately there is a good chance it will be refused.
3. Yes.