+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

juliahew

Mar 19, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this forum..(not sure where to go) but I have a question and I hope somebody can shed some light on my PR waiting period. The current status on my eCAS is "IN PROCESS" with the following info:

"We received your application for permanent residence on Feb 10, 2012.
We started processing your application on Sept 17, 2012.
Medical results have been received."

Visa office: VIENNA

How many months to endure before I get a glimpse of light at the tunnel's end?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
juliahew said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum..(not sure where to go) but I have a question and I hope somebody can shed some light on my PR waiting period. The current status on my eCAS is "IN PROCESS" with the following info:

Join the Vienna office thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.0.html

montreal30

Mar 20, 2013
hi.. I need your help. ??? I am going to sponsor my husband in montreal,Quebec and there are some things that I can not understand in the form. In the generic form for the principal applicant there is a question about CSQ? when i read the guide it was stated there that i need to have an approval from cic that Im qualified to sponsor then I will pass an application to micc. Im just confused why they ask for csq in the generic form. Is it after I receive the approval letter from cic? or before I will pass the forms to cic, I need to submit first the csq form to quebec and then pass the cic forms to cic?or do i just leave it blank? thank you.

one last thing, Is it better to sponsor Outside canada or inside canada? thank you :) ;)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
montreal30 said:
hi.. I need your help. ??? I am going to sponsor my husband in montreal,Quebec and there are some things that I can not understand in the form. In the generic form for the principal applicant there is a question about CSQ? when i read the guide it was stated there that i need to have an approval from cic that Im qualified to sponsor then I will pass an application to micc. Im just confused why they ask for csq in the generic form. Is it after I receive the approval letter from cic? or before I will pass the forms to cic, I need to submit first the csq form to quebec and then pass the cic forms to cic?or do i just leave it blank? thank you.

one last thing, Is it better to sponsor Outside canada or inside canada? thank you :) ;)
The generic form is used for all sorts of applications, and for some applications you obtain a CSQ before you file the form. For family applications, you first need sponsorship approval, then you apply for the CSQ (definitely true for outland applications, and I believe it's true for inland as well, but check - even if I was right yesterday, it may be different today). So, just leave the CSQ section blank.

As for inland/outland, I think at the moment outland is faster, but if your husband is already in Montreal, he might be able to get a work permit faster if he applies inland and simultaneously applies for a work permit. I'd need to know about more about your situation to make a recommendation.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
juliahew said:

You really should have heard something by now.

I suggest you order some notes on your file.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Include them...

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
Can someone please tell me what AOR means? Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jbkon said:
Can someone please tell me what AOR means? Thanks!
Acknowledgement of Receipt

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt.This is the day CIC receives your application package

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

We are going to apply for the sponsorship common-law partner OUTSIDE of Canada. My partner (Australian) is currently living with me in Canada on a visitor VISA.

We have friends who had just been asked to supply more info about living together consecutively for 12 months. We are now concerned because we had to separate for 5 months due to Visa issues. We have now been living together for 8 months consecutive and have a lease together for an extra 7 months in Canada.

Even if we have been apart is our relationship considered consecutive?

We have proves that we were in touch on that 5 months apart.

Thanks,

Marie-Lou

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

We are going to apply for the sponsorship common-law partner OUTSIDE of Canada. My partner (Australian) is currently living with me in Canada on a visitor VISA.

We have friends who had just been asked to supply more info about living together consecutively for 12 months. We are now concerned because we had to separate for 5 months due to Visa issues. We have now been living together for 8 months consecutive and have a lease together for an extra 7 months in Canada.

Thanks,

Marie-Lou
Have you lived together for one year completely either there or here at all? If not, you will have misrepresented..

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Marie-Lou
For common-law to apply, cohabitacion must have occurred for the 12 (consecutive) months immediately preceding the submission of your application and must continue after the application is submitted:

Per CIC:
You can sponsor the person as your common-law partner
•regardless of his or her sex, and
•you are cohabiting in a conjugal relationship and have done so for at least one year

Your relationship is consecutive, but the common-law status does not apply after a five month separation. You will be better off applying inland (as your partner is with you) in 4 months (to complete the 365 days of cohabitation) trying to maintain legal status for your partner, plus after AIP occurs your partner could work, if you apply for an open work permit along with your PR application. Obviously, if you are planning to apply under common-law you are not expecting your partner to leave (if your partner leaves your common-law status may cease) so you may benefit from an inland application. However, if you expect issues with the legal status and want to apply outland so your partner can leave without damaging an inland application, then you still have the issue of your common-law status ceasing to exist at some given point.

You could not go with the conjugal partner category because your partner is required to live outside Canada:

Conjugal Partner (Per CIC)

A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple. This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples. This category was established for partners of sponsors who normally would present an application as spouse or common-law partner but cannot due to circumstances beyond their control (e. g., immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation). Thus, they could not live together for a period of at least one year.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

However, a significant degree of attachment and mutually interdependence between both partners must be demonstrated. They must also provide proof of the obstacles or restrictions that prevent cohabitation or marriage.

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
We have been living together for 9 month.

We were apart for 4 months but kept in touched regularly. We have proves of phone calls, email, skype discussions, ...

We have a lease together in Canada.

My boyfriend is on a visitor visa, can we apply a conjugal partner ?

Or, are we better to wait until our 12months of our consecutive living together is completed.

Thanks,

Marie-Lou

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Mlneron said:
We have been living together for 9 month.

We were apart for 4 months but kept in touched regularly. We have proves of phone calls, email, skype discussions, ...

We have a lease together in Canada.

My boyfriend is on a visitor visa, can we apply a conjugal partner ?

Or, are we better to wait until our 12months of our consecutive living together is completed.

Thanks,

Marie-Lou
You need to wait until you have lived together for 12 months.