09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Memi said:
Hi, I'm an Argentinian and my fiancé is PR in Canada. We are now living together in Ontario and we will get married in 2 weeks. :)
I'm in Canada still with my tourist visa and as soon as we get the marriage certificate we will apply for the sponsorship. Till now I have travel health insurance, but it works only for accidents/emergencies. Do you know what should I do if I need to visit a family doctor for a follow up, routine consultation??? Can I go to a private and pay? Anyone was in this situation?
Thanks!!!!
Anyone that can pay can visit a doctor. Just make an appointment and payment is due at the time of the visit (when you do not have private insurance).

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Can you please add me on spreadsheet. Here is my status:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 8, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Thanks so much. If you need more detail please let me know.

nsarai01 said:
Just want to add to the previous part that medical has been expired since Jan 2013 and still there is no update? Actually when I first submitted my file in month of Feb 2012 I send it to the wrong address. After that I called Canadian Visa office and they told me to re-submit the file again. I re-submitted in may 2012 and told me not worry about doing re-medical again at the time. If you can please update me that would be great. Thanks so much.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Memi said:
Hi, I'm an Argentinian and my fiancé is PR in Canada. We are now living together in Ontario and we will get married in 2 weeks. :)
I'm in Canada still with my tourist visa and as soon as we get the marriage certificate we will apply for the sponsorship. Till now I have travel health insurance, but it works only for accidents/emergencies. Do you know what should I do if I need to visit a family doctor for a follow up, routine consultation??? Can I go to a private and pay? Anyone was in this situation?
Thanks!!!!
Sadly, Ontario is the stingiest province when it comes to providing health care to spouses and children applying for PR.

In the interim, you can certainly pay privately - I see people do that routinely here in BC.

Good luck!

ramanjagde

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
My husband is in Canada (Scarborough). He has applied for spouse visa on 4th October 2012.

Application filed: 4th October 2012.
Application Received By Ottawa: 12th Oct 2012 (as per online status)
Acknowledgement of receipt of application by Ottawa via Email: 4th Jan 2013
Sponsorship Approved via Email: 4th Jan 2013
File transfer to NDVO: 17th Jan 2013

My application status is still showing the following:
APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 12TH OCTOBER 2012.
MEDICAL RESULTS RECEIVED.
It also shows my mailing address.

I would really appreciate if someone can suggest what could be possible reason for this delay. I didn’t get any passport request till now.
Please advise.

RG

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Any help is appreciated:

I'm going to go to the embassy soon with my husband to inquire about his PR application since his application has almost exceed the progressing time. The last time I went in November with him they refused to give out any information regarding his application. My question is as a Canadian sponsor, what right do I have when inquiring about my husband's PR? What right does my husband who is the applicant have when seeking the same information? I would like to know the answer to these, because I don't want them to withhold any information from us, as they did last time, if its our right as applicant and sponsor to be able to get this information we ask for.

Thanks again for the help. :)

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
I've just paid for my wife's visa on line ($1040). I've printed the receipt now I need to fill in the "Client" details on the receipt before including it in the application package. Who's information do I use as the "client", my wife's because is the principal applicant, or mine because it was my credit card used?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Memi said:
Thanks!!!!
For a routine check-up, you can just pay the doctor. I know at a local walk-in clinic here in Toronto the rate is $75 for an appointment. Most I think are cash only.

Now if you have ANY actual symptoms that make you to see a doctor, you should be able to claim it under your private insurance. It does not need to be an actual "emergency", just a condition that isn't defined as pre-existing on your insurance. In our case, my fiancee had private insurance and she went to the doctors for a minor issue with stomach pain. Insurance covered the check-ups, a few tests they ran and some medication, even though it wasn't due to accident or a big emergency.

Note if you ever use private insurance, doctors do not want to deal with insurance companies so most likely you'll still need to pay a doctor/hospital upfront, and then submit claims to recover the money from insurance afterwards.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
zmikers said:
I've just paid for my wife's visa on line ($1040). I've printed the receipt now I need to fill in the "Client" details on the receipt before including it in the application package. Who's information do I use as the "client", my wife's because is the principal applicant, or mine because it was my credit card used?
Either/Or. Both your names are on the application :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ramanjagde said:
My husband is in Canada (Scarborough). He has applied for spouse visa on 4th October 2012.

Application filed: 4th October 2012.
Application Received By Ottawa: 12th Oct 2012 (as per online status)
Acknowledgement of receipt of application by Ottawa via Email: 4th Jan 2013
Sponsorship Approved via Email: 4th Jan 2013
File transfer to NDVO: 17th Jan 2013

My application status is still showing the following:
APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 12TH OCTOBER 2012.
MEDICAL RESULTS RECEIVED.
It also shows my mailing address.

I would really appreciate if someone can suggest what could be possible reason for this delay. I didn't get any passport request till now.
Please advise.

RG
That's just the way NDVO goes. They ask for the passport very early on and then process the application from there. You still have a little longer to go.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
hissa said:
Any help is appreciated:

I'm going to go to the embassy soon with my husband to inquire about his PR application since his application has almost exceed the progressing time. The last time I went in November with him they refused to give out any information regarding his application. My question is as a Canadian sponsor, what right do I have when inquiring about my husband's PR? What right does my husband who is the applicant have when seeking the same information? I would like to know the answer to these, because I don't want them to withhold any information from us, as they did last time, if its our right as applicant and sponsor to be able to get this information we ask for.

Thanks again for the help. :)
They won't tell you anything in person. You will have to e-mail or call and hope they tell you something.

ramanjagde

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
parker24 said:
That's just the way NDVO goes. They ask for the passport very early on and then process the application from there. You still have a little longer to go.
Hi,

Thanks for your update here.
But I still didnt get any passport request. Thats why I was little worried :(

RG

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ramanjagde said:
Hi,

Thanks for your update here.
But I still didnt get any passport request. Thats why I was little worried :(

RG
You should be fine. Sometimes they wait a while, sometimes it's early. VO's are NEVER consistant.

FedrGrozniy

May 21, 2009
Leon said:
You can sponsor your wife for PR in order to come to Canada.

The processing times in Russia, see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#europe

As a PR, you must be residing in Canada in order to sponsor. You can take a short vacation to visit your wife but I would not recommend more than 2-3 weeks. If immigration finds that you are not residing in Canada, they will cancel your application.

Once you become a citizen, you can sponsor from outside Canada but if you only just applied, you might have your wife here before you will get your citizenship.

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Did you add my name on the spreadsheet? If yo did then which month my name has fall in can you please let me know. Thanks very much.

nsarai01 said:
Can you please add me on spreadsheet. Here is my status:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 8, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

Thanks so much. If you need more detail please let me know.