+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
I would like to know that i have submitted file for sponsoring my wife outside Canada under spouse common- law partner category. New Delhi Office also took the passport from my wife for stamping since last five months and still no reply. This is what it shows under canada.gc.ca website:

We have started processing application on September 12, 2012. Medical results have been received. Application status: IN PROCESS

If anyone can please let me know what should I do in this case that would be great. I also wanted to know that if medical expired do they tell us to do the another time or they issued the visa before medical expire. As well, They have not send us any letter in regards to the application at all in terms of any missing documents or re- medical or interview. I am confused as well.

Any help in regards to this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
robbiefernando said:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND TO MY QUERY ?
zardoz did, the post directly after yours.

I also responded to an almost identical post of yours.

If there specific parts you still need clarification on, you need to be more clear. I don't see anything in your post I didn't already answer.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
nsarai01 said:
I would like to know that i have submitted file for sponsoring my wife outside Canada under spouse common- law partner category. New Delhi Office also took the passport from my wife for stamping since last five months and still no reply. This is what it shows under canada.gc.ca website:

We have started processing application on September 12, 2012. Medical results have been received. Application status: IN PROCESS

If anyone can please let me know what should I do in this case that would be great. I also wanted to know that if medical expired do they tell us to do the another time or they issued the visa before medical expire. As well, They have not send us any letter in regards to the application at all in terms of any missing documents or re- medical or interview. I am confused as well.

Any help in regards to this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much.
NDVO takes passports early in the process. That's normal for the NDVO.

They will make a determination whether or extend the medicals or have her re-do them. They will notify you if she needs to re-do them.

It's only March. You have until September on the medicals. Try not to worry for the time being. :)

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Amikety.. Can I send you a personal IM by any chance ? If yes, how do i do it ?

I am not sure about the marriage part !! can I get married while on tourist visa as I did not indicate that on the visiot visa application. Will that raise any questions while I apply for spouse sponsorship ?

Also, with the new condition PR, does it offer open work permit once the application is approved outland ?

amikety said:
zardoz did, the post directly after yours.

I also responded to an almost identical post of yours.

If there specific parts you still need clarification on, you need to be more clear. I don't see anything in your post I didn't already answer.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
robbiefernando said:
Amikety.. Can I send you a personal IM by any chance ? If yes, how do i do it ?

I am not sure about the marriage part !! can I get married while on tourist visa as I did not indicate that on the visiot visa application. Will that raise any questions while I apply for spouse sponsorship ?

Also, with the new condition PR, does it offer open work permit once the application is approved outland ?
You can't send PMs until you get 10 posts. You're almost there :)

1) There is no work permit option with Outland sponsorship

2) Yes, you can get married. If you're that worried about what the VO will think, have your boyfriend propose to you and go out to dinner with friends and any family you can trust to be quiet and not be judgmental (if he has any) to celebrate. Have someone take lots of pictures. Then you can show he proposed and you celebrated after you got to Canada. I know he's already technically proposed, but this can be the "official" proposal. My husband and I did the same thing more or less. Then you can elope as soon as you can arrange a marriage comissioner.

(He could do the whole proposal at the airport - so cute and romantic. Just make sure he only brings people he can 110% trust since your families aren't supportive.)

3) Conditional PR means you, being married less than two years, must remain in a loving, interdependant relationship for two years after landing. If for any reason, the relationship breaks down before that two years is up, you risk losing your PR. It doesn't matter who breaks up with who. There are exceptions for abuse - but I really hope no one goes through that.

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Thansk You Amikety. Just to clarify, once i get my conditional PR and after i land in canada I can work full time with any employer. Is that correct ? or does spouse visa have any work restricions ? or to i need to apply for it once again ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
robbiefernando said:
Thansk You Amikety. Just to clarify, once i get my conditional PR and after i land in canada I can work full time with any employer. Is that correct ? or does spouse visa have any work restricions ? or to i need to apply for it once again ?
You will have all the other rights and privileges of any other PR. You can work whatever job you want - as long as they will hire you :p

Heck, you can even work two full time jobs if you wanted to!

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Ha ha.. Thank u.. Love the humour. Trust me, the immigration process for canada is so different to Aus and this is doing my head in. But we dont want to lvie in Aus now, been here for years. Its time to try another country.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
robbiefernando said:
Ha ha.. Thank u.. Love the humour. Trust me, the immigration process for canada is so different to Aus and this is doing my head in. But we dont want to lvie in Aus now, been here for years. Its time to try another country.

Can I please lastly confirm, if Canada and Australia share all the information and immigration databases ?
That I don't know. (You got me!) Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

You have 10 posts now, so you can send PMs and pick a picture for yourself if you'd like :)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
robbiefernando said:
I will trade you my Canadian citizenship for your Australian one. From what I gather the immigration process is much faster there than it is here.

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Just want to add to the previous part that medical has been expired since Jan 2013 and still there is no update? Actually when I first submitted my file in month of Feb 2012 I send it to the wrong address. After that I called Canadian Visa office and they told me to re-submit the file again. I re-submitted in may 2012 and told me not worry about doing re-medical again at the time. If you can please update me that would be great. Thanks so much.

amikety said:
NDVO takes passports early in the process. That's normal for the NDVO.

They will make a determination whether or extend the medicals or have her re-do them. They will notify you if she needs to re-do them.

It's only March. You have until September on the medicals. Try not to worry for the time being. :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
nsarai01 said:
Just want to add to the previous part that medical has been expired since Jan 2013 and still there is no update? Actually when I first submitted my file in month of Feb 2012 I send it to the wrong address. After that I called Canadian Visa office and they told me to re-submit the file again. I re-submitted in may 2012 and told me not worry about doing re-medical again at the time. If you can please update me that would be great. Thanks so much.
I wouldn't sweat it unless they ask. Some users here have gotten their medicals extended and never updated by their VO. If the VO isn't returning emails, it's because they have nothing to offer you.

Memi

Mar 18, 2013
Hi, I'm an Argentinian and my fiancé is PR in Canada. We are now living together in Ontario and we will get married in 2 weeks. :)
I'm in Canada still with my tourist visa and as soon as we get the marriage certificate we will apply for the sponsorship. Till now I have travel health insurance, but it works only for accidents/emergencies. Do you know what should I do if I need to visit a family doctor for a follow up, routine consultation??? Can I go to a private and pay? Anyone was in this situation?
Thanks!!!!

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
"Can anyone recommend a lawyer with experience with same-sex couples from India?"

"My previous posts have the full details, but basically we need advice because we were housemates before, but never common-law and need help making sure my boyfriend/husband won't get in trouble because he is also a PR who landed as single."

Please please help folks..