Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Let's chill out people. Things in here are becoming hot..

We should be sharing experiences and advices, well if you don't like what someone said, just ignore it, simple as that.

Peace & Love!

Sundae18

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! anyonce can help me.. i have a questions po.. we got married ng husband ko 5mos ago then npasa na nya ung papers nmin this nov. lng.. hindi kaya maapektuhan ang age namin bec. wer both 21 years old. pls enlighten me.. thank you. ;)

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
sivathegreat said:
Straightforward simple reply: YES

Detailed and confusing reply, read below

I will share my case with you.

These are the possibilities

A) You are unmarried
B) You are married

A) If you are married
- Chose one person as the PA (Principal applicant) who can get the most points
- Then in the PA application you specify details of your spouse and apply PR for

a) either the PA or
b) both

The difference is if both are to immigrate then you need to show sufficient settlement funds, plans etc. It can be an advantage or disadvantage to your application when both apply. All the Visa officer will be concerned (apart from many things is) is "how succesful you will be there" "your occuptation demand". If your spouse has good skills that are wanted then that person will be treated an asset to the application (this is only my personal opinion)

If you chose only (a) then you will get PR first then go to Canada and then sponsor your wife later. which will take 2 months (form the date of your application based on current times) in Canada +Visa office time in months. The fees also will be less since you will be paying Application fee for the PA only.

B) If you are not married
anyway you are not married why bother explaining, apply for PR get PR, Settle, Marry, Sponsor, Bring

It took 7 years for me to immigrate. My app was stuck during 9/11 chaos.

Along with me many of my colleagues applied and many people followed different routes. Like one of sentimental friend applied PR for him, his wife, two kids (after 3 years he got tired and dropped out).

Some applied PR for both husband and wife at the same time but first the Husband went and settled and took the wife (but the PR visa you have to land within one year)
Your Simple answer of Yes is wrong....

If you apply for PR and do not claim your spouse, then this will disqualify you from sponsoring them later. You have to include your spouse on your PR application, they have to go through all the medical exams and assessments just like you would as the PA. If they don't declare the spouse on the initial application, and then go to file for family sponsorship, the original PR could be revoked based on misrepresentation. You have to include all family members, spouses and all dependants (kids) (accompanying or not) on your initial application for PR, whether it be family class or FSW.

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Stumpedmom & silvathegreat

I want to immigrate through Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW). And just like in Federal SW programm there is a grid, based on which you will be assessed. As far as I understand, if I'm single - then i'm to be assessed based on 55pts grid, and with this grid I have enough points for immigration. But if I get married the grid switches to 63 pts, because my spouse will be included, and then we won't have enough points.

By claiming i'm married in application, and inputing all the nescessary information about spouse (not to mislead canadian officials), - can I still be assessed based on 55pts grid, since my wife WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANYING ME to Canada, and WILL NOT APPLY for neigher Quebec Selection Certificate, nor PR visa? I want to sponsor her, once I settle.

We, together as a family, do not have enough pts to suffice the requirements of the program. But me, alone, I do have a little more than enough points...

So the question is, whether (a) we should not marry now, I immigrate to Canada, then once I settle there, I come back to my homecountry, marry, and only then sponsor her to join me.

Or (b) we should marry now, I include her in my application, include all the nescessary information, and apply for PR visa only for myself, but not for her (then 55pts grid will be used to asses, since she is not getting PR visa?), then I immigrate, settle, and sponsor her as my wife?

Or there is always the (c) option, which is wait 1.5 years, until we have enough points (63 pts), and immigrate together as a family...?

Thank you guys for your help. >.<

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
If you are not married, but qualify as common law, you HAVE to include her.

If you are not married but just dating, then you should be able to apply as single, and then marry her and sponsor her as your spouse.

If you are married, or marry at any point during the process, then you HAVE to include her as your spouse, or amend your application to include her as your spouse.

You have to be really careful because of the ongoing relationship, and the fact that it could be perceived as misrepresentation if you are common law and or married and do not include her in your application...

If you apply as single, get approved as single, go back to the home country to marry her, you will have to be in Canada during the sponsorship process, and if you are not from a visa exempt country, it is usually a 99% chance of a visit visa being declined.

ernestonnjr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hello po!

Ito na po ang time line ko now.. Ano na po ang susunod nito..

We received your application for permanent residence on June 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

God Bless po!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ ernestonnjr

If you have submitted your passport already, then CONGRATULATIONS! You got it!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Alugart said:

I want to immigrate through Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW). And just like in Federal SW programm there is a grid, based on which you will be assessed. As far as I understand, if I'm single - then i'm to be assessed based on 55pts grid, and with this grid I have enough points for immigration. But if I get married the grid switches to 63 pts, because my spouse will be included, and then we won't have enough points.

By claiming i'm married in application, and inputing all the nescessary information about spouse (not to mislead canadian officials), - can I still be assessed based on 55pts grid, since my wife WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANYING ME to Canada, and WILL NOT APPLY for neigher Quebec Selection Certificate, nor PR visa? I want to sponsor her, once I settle.

We, together as a family, do not have enough pts to suffice the requirements of the program. But me, alone, I do have a little more than enough points...

So the question is, whether (a) we should not marry now, I immigrate to Canada, then once I settle there, I come back to my homecountry, marry, and only then sponsor her to join me.

Or (b) we should marry now, I include her in my application, include all the nescessary information, and apply for PR visa only for myself, but not for her (then 55pts grid will be used to asses, since she is not getting PR visa?), then I immigrate, settle, and sponsor her as my wife?

Or there is always the (c) option, which is wait 1.5 years, until we have enough points (63 pts), and immigrate together as a family...?

Thank you guys for your help. >.<
Hi,
I do not have experience with the QSW. I am immigrated through the FSW 7 years ago.
I do not want to reply you by reading the internet

seems Stumped mom covered many aspects in her reply.

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ sivathegreat

7 years is such a looooooong time for me, since i'm just 22, can't believe you had to wait for so long, 7 years, wow.... I have heard about other, more unfortunate cases, but I always thought those were exceptions. I'm glad you made it there in the end :)

Fortunately we do not qualify as common-law partners, since live separately and do not have any common property.

If you are not married but just dating, then you should be able to apply as single, and then marry her and sponsor her as your spouse.
Do you guys know, if a permanent resident of Canada has the right to return to his home-country and get married? Or it is a privilege of canadian citizens only?

So far, this seems to be the most viable solution, for me to immigrate as single, get permanent residency, get married, and then sponsor her.

But sill, to me it sounds like a loop hole for older canadians to go to some 3rd world countries and marry young babes who are desperate of immigration... Interesting...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alugart said:
But sill, to me it sounds like a loop hole for older canadians to go to some 3rd world countries and marry young babes who are desperate of immigration... Interesting...
Sponsoring a spouse is a priviledge of being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. You are neither so you are not afforded the priviledge. And with comments like that, you won't make many friends on here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alugart said:
Do you guys know, if a permanent resident of Canada has the right to return to his home-country and get married? Or it is a privilege of canadian citizens only?
You may go back to your home country and marry but you must come back to Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. Canadian citizens can sponsor while they are outside Canada but PR's have to reside in Canada in order to sponsor.

Alugart said:
Sure they can. An old man with a popular passport can get more babes who are after that just like an old man with a lot of money can get more babes who are after that. However, if you marry a person who just wants your passport or money, the future outlook for your relationship is a bit grim.

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rjessome
Please do not be offended by what i posted there, my intention was never to offend anyone. I was just pointing out a potential abuse to current regulations concerning sponsorships.

Leon
You may go back to your home country and marry but you must come back to Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. Canadian citizens can sponsor while they are outside Canada but PR's have to reside in Canada in order to sponsor.
Thank you very much for your reply.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --&gt; Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hi all!

New to all of this and found this wonderfully informative forum! I'm a Canadian and my husband is American, we're both young adults and were married two months ago. Waiting on the fingerprints back which was sent at the beginning of the month (Nov). Had the medical done and all the paperwork is ready...... just waiting. ::) I'm usually patient, but with this stuff I'm not haha! Looking forward to getting to know you guys! Is anyone else doing Inland Spousal Sponsorship?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Alugart said:
@ sivathegreat

7 years is such a looooooong time for me, since i'm just 22, can't believe you had to wait for so long, 7 years, wow.... I have heard about other, more unfortunate cases, but I always thought those were exceptions. I'm glad you made it there in the end :)

Fortunately we do not qualify as common-law partners, since live separately and do not have any common property.

So far, this seems to be the most viable solution, for me to immigrate as single, get permanent residency, get married, and then sponsor her.

Please do not go by my timeline for PR. My app wasstuck in the 9/11 chaos and I was working for the Government in India and that too Ministry of Defence making Main Battle Tanks. Also I had a divorce

in the FSW point systems (which is currently 67./100) spouse actually increases the points (I hope I read correctly) I dont know about QSW if this works other way, so QSW is so different immigration program?

You say you are 22. I was the same age when I was thinking about Canadian immigration and at the time had a girlfriend. We got married and applied for PR when I was 23. But after some time we broke up. Then I have to go through the process of divorce, send papers to CHC..blah blah..

You get PR then go to your country, marry and apply for PR for her.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
parker24 said:
Hi all!

New to all of this and found this wonderfully informative forum! I'm a Canadian and my husband is American, we're both young adults and were married two months ago. Waiting on the fingerprints back which was sent at the beginning of the month (Nov). Had the medical done and all the paperwork is ready...... just waiting. ::) I'm usually patient, but with this stuff I'm not haha! Looking forward to getting to know you guys! Is anyone else doing Inland Spousal Sponsorship?
Congratulations on your marriage! and welcome
There are times when I/we lost our cool.
but being in this forum we see other peoples progress and it is consoling
(some times it is also frightening when you hear stories of CIC screwing it up)