Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
sivathegreat said:
I agree it maybe possible. And also it depends on the country.
Ok, Let me wait only 6 more months.
Hi siva,

Yes, i had a pr app in process, i submitted in august and about 3 weeks after my sponsor approval letter i submitted a trv apps for xmas break. It was an outland application and they had my passport because I submitted it together with the TRV apps.

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Ryffa_Q said:
Hi siva,

Yes, i had a pr app in process, i submitted in august and about 3 weeks after my sponsor approval letter i submitted a trv apps for xmas break. It was an outland application and they had my passport because I submitted it together with the TRV apps.
so either to apply for a visitor visa & be rejected because the PR application is still in process or be lucky & have a PR visa which i think rarely happens , because i wanted my husband to apply for a visitor visa so that he can spend christmas with me as i already paid RPRF around 3 weeks ago , i don't know what to do

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Ryffa_Q said:
Hi siva,

Thanks Ryffa,
Maybe I will try too once I receive approval.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
magpie said:
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/24/feds-tighten-family-sponsorship-rules
Hello Magpie,
In my language this is called as

"the old bald guy fell in the lake"

Dont startle people by placing some link without any intro or whatsoevr. For a moment I was shocked to see the title "Feds Tighten Family...."
I thought "What..???? the feds tighten the rules..????..now...?

After reading I found out that it is based on a case in which a man from India was allowed to bring his new wife eventhough he was convicted by an Indian court of "burning" his sister in law alive. I am confident that the people here in the forum are mostly decent enough to get affected by this rule. So why are you frightening the reader by "omission"?

Either it should be responsibility the person who is posting should take, 'or a common etiquette and courtesy to give a brief intro,

Already (some) people who are sponsoring very anxious, fed up and frustrated. Do you want them to get "more" by placing a "misleading" link

What was your point (intention) of posting anyway? to help people?
or to intimidate people?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
magpie said:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/22/lax-visa-oversight-poses-risks-to-canadians-ag

Something worth reading. Sometimes is it worth reading several different tabloids online.
This is not worth reading,
Why do you say it is "worth" reading? according to you what is the value one will gain by reading this?

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm trying to understand something....

So it is indeed possible to file an application for an immigration program without your spouse accompanying you, so that the spouse doesn't get a PR visa, but the applicant does. And once he is in Canada and fulfills all the requirements for sponsorship, - the family can be reunified through it.

Please give your thoughts, will much appreciate them!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Alugart said:

So it is indeed possible to file an application for an immigration program without your spouse accompanying you, so that the spouse doesn't get a PR visa, but the applicant does. And once he is in Canada and fulfills all the requirements for sponsorship, - the family can be reunified through it.

Straightforward simple reply: YES

Detailed and confusing reply, read below

I will share my case with you.

These are the possibilities

A) You are unmarried
B) You are married

A) If you are married
- Chose one person as the PA (Principal applicant) who can get the most points
- Then in the PA application you specify details of your spouse and apply PR for

a) either the PA or
b) both

The difference is if both are to immigrate then you need to show sufficient settlement funds, plans etc. It can be an advantage or disadvantage to your application when both apply. All the Visa officer will be concerned (apart from many things is) is "how succesful you will be there" "your occuptation demand". If your spouse has good skills that are wanted then that person will be treated an asset to the application (this is only my personal opinion)

If you chose only (a) then you will get PR first then go to Canada and then sponsor your wife later. which will take 2 months (form the date of your application based on current times) in Canada +Visa office time in months. The fees also will be less since you will be paying Application fee for the PA only.

B) If you are not married
anyway you are not married why bother explaining, apply for PR get PR, Settle, Marry, Sponsor, Bring

It took 7 years for me to immigrate. My app was stuck during 9/11 chaos.

Along with me many of my colleagues applied and many people followed different routes. Like one of sentimental friend applied PR for him, his wife, two kids (after 3 years he got tired and dropped out).

Some applied PR for both husband and wife at the same time but first the Husband went and settled and took the wife (but the PR visa you have to land within one year)

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
sivathegreat said:
Thanks Ryffa,
Maybe I will try too once I receive approval.
lilyy00 said:
so either to apply for a visitor visa & be rejected because the PR application is still in process or be lucky & have a PR visa which i think rarely happens , because i wanted my husband to apply for a visitor visa so that he can spend christmas with me as i already paid RPRF around 3 weeks ago , i don't know what to do
Agree lily that its rare and even the vo said my case was unique, but what helped was my sponsor has been approved, they have received my file, medical and police certs and full payment for everything and passport, i was approved for trv before so i thank god everyday i hit the jackpot. I was actually expecting a refusal.

M

magpie

It sounds as if you wish to immigrate as a family without an actual person who is a citizen or PR already. If this is the case then you would have to immigrate under another section as maybe a skilled worker etc... According to the CIC website can take anywhere from 4 years to 6 years depending on the country. Check out the website posted below.

f you were to immigrate as a skilled worker, etc.. the wait is long and there is a limit to the amount of workers allowed to immigrate. Kind of like a lottery. But to immigrate under the spousal section of immigrations and not having a sponsor in Canada who is either a citizen or permanent resident then you will not be successful.

Now if you have family member already in Canada who is able to sponsor you then it would be okay under the family section of immigration and this also can take 4 years or longer, (depending on what country you are in), according to the CIC website. Research farther as the information on CIC website is informative and can assist you with that.

Check the other threads on this forum pertaining to skilled workers and you may find your answers there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Alugart said:

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Magpie:

I wonder if they're going to implement the "conditional" pr status of spouses, and I wonder when..have you got an idea on that?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Ryffa_Q said:
Agree lily that its rare and even the vo said my case was unique, but what helped was my sponsor has been approved, they have received my file, medical and police certs and full payment for everything and passport, i was approved for trv before so i thank god everyday i hit the jackpot. I was actually expecting a refusal.
Ryffa,
Thanks for your earlier reply and you had been very clear.
You see we (for my wife) applied 3 times for TRV.
-before marriage
-after marriage
- after receipt of IMM5401

all were rejected.

I am asking her to apply for the fourth time after my Sponsorship is approved. But she says she wont. I want her to apply so that I can go back and bring her by december (due to some logistical reasons and my "sentiment" that I accompany her in her first flight to Canada)

But she just wont apply, says she will not get TRV. After December I can go only in May (maybe when she gets her PR)Maybe your case will motivate her. In my country the VO asks the passport very early and keeps with them for 4-6 months. That is not fair.So the trick is apply for TRV before they ask the PPR.

In your case there was a lucky coincidence. (the TRV and PRV)
In my country there is saying "You will not get festival food every day" so i presume in my case such coincidence may or may not happen.

You had sent the PP before even they asked you right ? (asked you for the PR)

Reply will be appreciated and advance thanks.

M

magpie

The talk is that in the New year they plan to impliment it but I am not sure. I haven't heard any more on this. It would in my opinion make getting PR's a little easier but with a condition to tow the line. Legitimate people should have no problem with it. It still has its downfalls. Anyone can be good until citizenship.

mapledreams said:
@ Magpie:

I wonder if they're going to implement the "conditional" pr status of spouses, and I wonder when..have you got an idea on that?

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Hi siva,

Yup, i submitted the passport when i applied for trv as it was part of the documents to be provided by my VO. Never received a passport request letter nor acknowledgement of file received nor in process on ecas. But after i fax them my withdrawal of the trv as advised by them, they issued me a letter saying my prmapplication has been finalised and to collect my pasport.

loved the saying, as this 'festival food' i have received will last me a looooooonnngggg time :p

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Ryffa_Q said:
Hi siva,

Yup, i submitted the passport when i applied for trv as it was part of the documents to be provided by my VO. Never received a passport request letter nor acknowledgement of file received nor in process on ecas. But after i fax them my withdrawal of the trv as advised by them, they issued me a letter saying my prmapplication has been finalised and to collect my pasport.

loved the saying, as this 'festival food' i have received will last me a looooooonnngggg time :p
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
My wife is online right now and it will help me convince her.

Terima kasih