I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
IndianOcean said:
So I send a copy of the receipt to CPC-M, I suppose I will have to write a cover letter with that,file number,id number etc. ?! Is that correct? And it should be sent to the normal address of Mississauga right? One more thing, will I have to wait 66 days for them to contact my VO about the payment ?

thanks
I think it is better to ask the authority that is CIC call centre.
To be on the safer side.

My personal opinion again: Maybe you can write a covering letter with a CC to your VO in pretoria and send two copies with attachements.One to CPC-M and one to VO Pretoria. You may spend some extra bucks, but it may provide helpful. This is only my personal opinion.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
sivathegreat said:
I think it is better to ask the authority that is CIC call centre.
To be on the safer side.

My personal opinion again: Maybe you can write a covering letter with a CC to your VO in pretoria and send two copies with attachements.One to CPC-M and one to VO Pretoria. You may spend some extra bucks, but it may provide helpful. This is only my personal opinion.
yeah I think I'll send a copy to my VO, well it doesn't hurt sending, so why not?! thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IndianOcean said:
yeah I think I'll send a copy to my VO, well it doesn't hurt sending, so why not?! thanks!
Yes, fax it to both. Include applicant's name, date of birth, UCI, File No., and sponsor's name and date of birth. The VO in Pretoria will see that you paid it but they still must wait for CPC-M to send them the OK.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
rjessome said:
Yes, fax it to both. Include applicant's name, date of birth, UCI, File No., and sponsor's name and date of birth. The VO in Pretoria will see that you paid it but they still must wait for CPC-M to send them the OK.
On the letter this lady sent me, on top of it, there is an address and looks specific for this person or something..Should I send to this address or just fax it?

M

magpie

IndianOcean said:
On the letter this lady sent me, on top of it, there is an address and looks specific for this person or something..Should I send to this address or just fax it?
Send it by courier and that way you haìó a delivery date and time. Better safe than sorry.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Seniors, PMM, Rjessome, Leon

I've applied for trv for a 3.5weeks xmas break and the embassy gave me my PR visa instead. I intend to land but come back,

1. will they mail me the pr card to my canadian address, the website says i have to apply for the pr card kit etc. And collect in person.
2. when they see my return ticket and ask how long i am staying, if i answer truthfully will they refrain from sending it to me?
3. Would i have problem applying for a travel document if they wouldnt issue me a pr card when i travel for permanent resettlement after tying all loose ends back home next year?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ryffa_Q said:
Seniors, PMM, Rjessome, Leon

I've applied for trv for a 3.5weeks xmas break and the embassy gave me my PR visa instead. I intend to land but come back,

1. will they mail me the pr card to my canadian address, the website says i have to apply for the pr card kit etc. And collect in person.
2. when they see my return ticket and ask how long i am staying, if i answer truthfully will they refrain from sending it to me?
3. Would i have problem applying for a travel document if they wouldnt issue me a pr card when i travel for permanent resettlement after tying all loose ends back home next year?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.
Congrats on the PR visas.

1. First time PRs receive their PR card by mail unless something is wrong with the pictures.
2. No, they shouldn't. Answer honestly what they ask but only what they ask. I'm assuming your spouse will be staying in Canada?
3. No, shouldn't be a problem at all. Your PR card will probably be mailed to your address in Canada and your spouse can send it by courier to you so you may not have to apply for a TD.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Awesome!! Thanks Rjessome!! I wasnt expecting the pr so soon but just said yes when they offered, now suffering from the panic mode of realising what i just did ;D

theachrissy

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
CPT , South Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2011
File Transfer...
24/06/2011
Med's Request
29/04/2011
Med's Done....
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
13/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011 received back with DHL 3/1/12
LANDED..........
08/02/2012
wow IndianOcean you got an interview waived and you are almost thru, thats great hey.. im going thru Pretoria as well....

IndianOcean said:

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Ryffa_Q said:
Awesome!! Thanks Rjessome!! I wasnt expecting the pr so soon but just said yes when they offered, now suffering from the panic mode of realising what i just did ;D
Hi,
Congrats and a question for you. If my wife passport is with the Visa office for PR process. And in th emean time I apply for TR visa for my wife but I dont have the passport with me to send it because they have them.

Will the TR visa application still be expected.?

What happened in your case?

Did you apply for PR before?
was it outland?
did you apply for TRV without sending passport?

R

ryanmoris29

sivathegreat said:
Hi,
Congrats and a question for you. If my wife passport is with the Visa office for PR process. And in th emean time I apply for TR visa for my wife but I dont have the passport with me to send it because they have them.

Will the TR visa application still be expected.?

What happened in your case?

Did you apply for PR before?
was it outland?
did you apply for TRV without sending passport?

@Siva,

In the first place, they will NOT give your wife a TRV visa when her PR case "In Process". Its very rare that the CIC issues TRV to someone whose PR is in process.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I have been living in the US for almost 6 years with my husband and our children but we wern't able to afford the US immigration and are now applying for us to go to Canada and I'm wondering if I should say that we are trying and planin to resettle in Canada so that we are all legal in the country or would saying that look bad? Any thoughts? thanks!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
ryanmoris29 said:
@ Siva,

In the first place, they will NOT give your wife a TRV visa when her PR case "In Process". Its very rare that the CIC issues TRV to someone whose PR is in process.
I agree it maybe possible. And also it depends on the country.
Ok, Let me wait only 6 more months.

GBL2011

Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
06-08-2011
mameelynn said:
I have been living in the US for almost 6 years with my husband and our children but we wern't able to afford the US immigration and are now applying for us to go to Canada and I'm wondering if I should say that we are trying and planin to resettle in Canada so that we are all legal in the country or would saying that look bad? Any thoughts? thanks!
I would just write that you're looking to resettle in Canada. The part about you wanting everyone to be legal in one country is irrelevant and would probably cause unnecessary questions from them to you.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
theachrissy said:
wow IndianOcean you got an interview waived and you are almost thru, thats great hey.. im going thru Pretoria as well....
yeah almost there,couple things left to do. im surprised how quick is going,wasn't expecting this speedy process from Pretoria at all.. hope yours gets fast also!