+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

M

magpie

No he can not deport you. Find a woman's shelter and go there and they will assist you. If he hits you file a report with the police.

If he hits you and you have filed a report with the police then go and get an emergency restraining order. And yes there is such a thing as legal aide to cover cost of lawyer. No man or no woman has the right to hit anyone In Canada. You do not have to stay with him any length of time as you are now Landed Immigrant with a PR card. He is also responsible to support you for 3 years and the Government is very strong on this. You do not have to be with him because of abuse and he still must support you. Be careful and keep safe.

Yes you can work.

H2S said:
Hi, I need your advice on following issues:
My husband is a Cadian citizen. We got married 3 years ago. I Immigrated to canada 1 months ago, on Sposual sponsorship. Since i have come here he has started abusing me. He also threats me that if i tell anyone, he will get me deported. In our Indian culture, parent expect girls to stay with the husbands after marriage regardless. So they are not ready to listen me.

My questions are
1. Can he get me deported, if i seperate/ divorce from him now or tell police about it. Is there a minimum time i have to stay with him before i can seek seperation/ divorce.
2. Is there any organisation where i can get help/ counselling to know why he is behaving like this and if possible to save my marriage.
3. can i work if i seperate from him. I have a SIN number.
4. Where can i get legal help in case my issue goes to court. i do not have any money. Whatever i had, my husband has taken away from me.
5. Any other suggestions on my options.

i can not go back as divorced girl are considered curse and even my family is not ready to accept me back.

My email is h2s @ usa.com

pinaynurse1

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
IELTS Request
(not required, but i took it for employment purposes @ 7.5)
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
comes with my application
Med's Done....
16-09-2011
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
10-1-2012 (received 2-2-2012 - PPR sent at same day)
VISA ISSUED...
29-2-2012 (27 days after my passport was submitted)
LANDED..........
17-3-2012 (now in Canada :)) Good luck to those who are waiting. Its really nice here :)
hi there...anybody can answer my question. We hired a immigration consultant, he said he mailed our documents for the approval of my husband as a sponsor...its already 2 months but we havent heard anything from him. The website says, it will take only 6 weeks for us to know if my husband is approve as a sponsor. We really have nothing...were blinded. So, we dont know whats next. We should have our case number right???? how can we check the status of the sponsorship????

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinaynurse1 said:
hi there...anybody can answer my question. We hired a immigration consultant, he said he mailed our documents for the approval of my husband as a sponsor...its already 2 months but we havent heard anything from him. The website says, it will take only 6 weeks for us to know if my husband is approve as a sponsor. We really have nothing...were blinded. So, we dont know whats next. We should have our case number right???? how can we check the status of the sponsorship????
It takes 68 days and they are working on app received September 8, 2011

M

magpie

According to the CIC website it takes aprox... 68 days for processing from the time they receive the application. Count 68 days from the time that they RECEIVED your application and give it about 5 more days then call them. When you called them you can ask for your Client ID number so you can follow the progress on the eCas. There is no need to panic quite yet. I would start to panic after 3 months and then they still may be working on your application. Their number is 1-888-242-2100. Good Luck

pinaynurse1 said:

M

magpie

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/22/lax-visa-oversight-poses-risks-to-canadians-ag

Something worth reading. Sometimes is it worth reading several different tabloids online.

Mlle_81

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I'm gonna have to wait the 67 days they add on the website. Not less than that?? :(
Other information, they said in Sao Paulo takes 10 months but in a contact I made the lady said 6 months for an answer...
Who should I trust on this??

M

magpie

I would gear my hopes on the website but know that it is most likely to be sooner. To give a definative answer is impossible as all applications are different and so are the agents processing the applications. Many other factors come into play also. How many apps at the VO etc... Good luck

Mlle_81 said:
So, I'm gonna have to wait the 67 days they add on the website. Not less than that?? :(
Other information, they said in Sao Paulo takes 10 months but in a contact I made the lady said 6 months for an answer...
Who should I trust on this??

pinaynurse1

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-09-2011
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17-3-2012 (now in Canada :)) Good luck to those who are waiting. Its really nice here :)
Can I visit my spouse in canada while waiting for the approval of my spousal sponsorship visa?

pinaynurse1

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-09-2011
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can I visit my spouse in canada while waiting for the approval of my spousal sponsorship visa? If yes, whats the requirements and what are the chances of approval? Thanks magpie. Great help indeed :)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinaynurse1 said:
Can I visit my spouse in canada while waiting for the approval of my spousal sponsorship visa? If yes, whats the requirements and what are the chances of approval? Thanks magpie. Great help indeed :)

Absolutely yes, as long as you are eligible to enter Canada. Just visiting while waiting for your PR process to be finalized in your home country is perfectly acceptable under the Dual Intent principle, as long as you plan to leave at the end of your visit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

Please click on the following link which explains in detail how to apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV), which if granted would allow you to come for a short period: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp. (Of course, if you are from a visa exempt country this does not apply to you).

:)

S.

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Serendipity said:
Absolutely yes, as long as you are eligible to enter Canada. Just visiting while waiting for your PR process to be finalized in your home country is perfectly acceptable under the Dual Intent principle, as long as you plan to leave at the end of your visit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

Please click on the following link which explains in detail how to apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV), which if granted would allow you to come for a short period: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp. (Of course, if you are from a visa exempt country this does not apply to you).

:)

S.

i was wondering if my husband can apply for a visitor visa during the process however i heard that many were refused because the sponsorship application is still in process.

M

magpie

He can apply but as you have said that many have been refused. There is never any harm in applying

lilyy00 said:
i was wondering if my husband can apply for a visitor visa during the process however i heard that many were refused because the sponsorship application is still in process.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
pinaynurse1 said:
I applied TRV for my wife 3 times.
- First time no chance since we had applied before marriage based on engagement photos
- Second time 4 days after marriage with marriage certificate

- third time after 6 months of last attempt with the R receipt for $1040

all three times rejected stating varied reasons (this is from the rejection letter)

"You do not satisfy me that you will return ..bla bla.."
- ties in your home country and Canada
- immigration status
- your travel history
- your purpose of visit is not clear (what the ...?)
- financial status and employment (we showed $10,000)

Basically I think they have decided that they will not give visa because there are chances that,

- the person will go to canada apply for PR inland and ask for extension of TRV
- the person may stay back illegally

I want to apply TRV for the 4th time after I get sponsorship letter. But my wife says no.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
lilyy00 said:
Since I have seen 3 times rejection I can say this.

- If your spouse has a good long time employment and if he can show a "letter of leave grant" then they may believe he will come back
- if there are kids back home they may believe he nay come back
- some times property in his name may do, but in some case i read they have not considered but show property in his name to reason he will come back

It all rests on one thing

"What are the strong connections for him to come back?"

Employment letter is very powerful
Also I have read somewhere husbands get TRV more easier than wives