+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

SONYRANI

Nov 17, 2011
Actually I'm passed that part. What I just need to know is when they'll start processing my application that i sent in on nov 1 2011 so i can view it online. bcz as of yet, after sending my application i havent heard anything.

M

magpie

If you just started the process and waiting for sponsorship approval, count 68 days before starting to worry about approval. After that point then call the call centre for an update. Until you receive a Client ID you will not be able to login the online ECAS to check the info. After the 68 days when you phone make sure to ask for your ID. Nothing you can do now but to wait.

SONYRANI said:
Actually I'm passed that part. What I just need to know is when they'll start processing my application that i sent in on nov 1 2011 so i can view it online. bcz as of yet, after sending my application i havent heard anything.

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
magpie said:
If you just started the process and waiting for sponsorship approval, count 68 days before starting to worry about approval. After that point then call the call centre for an update. Until you receive a Client ID you will not be able to login the online ECAS to check the info. After the 68 days when you phone make sure to ask for your ID. Nothing you can do now but to wait.
I have one question: is it the same 68 days for the client ID for the inland applications?
Thanks

M

magpie

Inland works differently. Can be longer but 1st stage can be up to one year? Read the info on the CIC site and get a better idea. You will not get a Client ID until they actually start to process your app

fwmello said:
I have one question: is it the same 68 days for the client ID for the inland applications?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fwmello said:
Thanks
No - the processing times for inland applications are completely different. You won't hear anything from CIC until first stage processing has been completed. This will take somewhere between 10-11 months. If you want to know your client ID sooner, I believe you should be able to do this after a few months have passed by calling CIC Vegreville. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend you join the Inland 2011 thread. They will be able to answer all of your questions regarding the inland application process.

adubrovs

Jun 22, 2011
I'm sponsoring my wife who is currently living with me in Canada. She passed the first stage approval and has her Open Work Permit. After we passed our first stage, the CIC requested a police certificate from U.K. We sent the police certificate back in June, which was received by CIC (we sent it using FedEx).
Since then we haven't heard anything back. It's been over 5 months now and we cannot get through to call to find out the status. eCas has not been updated either.

Is it normal to wait that long for them to add the police certificate to the file?

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
scylla said:
No - the processing times for inland applications are completely different. You won't hear anything from CIC until first stage processing has been completed. This will take somewhere between 10-11 months. If you want to know your client ID sooner, I believe you should be able to do this after a few months have passed by calling CIC Vegreville. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend you join the Inland 2011 thread. They will be able to answer all of your questions regarding the inland application process.
Thank you scylla
I already joined the Inland 2011 thread and the November 2011 thread.

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
i received email stating that i should pay RPRF (landing fees) in order to complete processing my application so as soon as i received it i paid the fees however i heard that if i didn't pay it from the beginning this can cause a delay ( i didn't know that ) so i called the immigration & they told me that it can cause up to 2 months delay until the visa office receives a confirmation so shall i send the receipt of payment to the visa office too ? i was asked to send it to Mississauga only... i am really frustrated i wish my husband can spend christmas with me

M

magpie

Send original as per instruction to CIC and a copy to your VO. It can't hurt. Who knows how much of a delay it will be but just to be safe send original as instructed and copy to VO

lilyy00 said:
i received email stating that i should pay RPRF (landing fees) in order to complete processing my application so as soon as i received it i paid the fees however i heard that if i didn't pay it from the beginning this can cause a delay ( i didn't know that ) so i called the immigration & they told me that it can cause up to 2 months delay until the visa office receives a confirmation so shall i send the receipt of payment to the visa office too ? i was asked to send it to Mississauga only... i am really frustrated i wish my husband can spend christmas with me

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
magpie said:
Send original as per instruction to CIC and a copy to your VO. It can't hurt. Who knows how much of a delay it will be but just to be safe send original as instructed and copy to VO
shall i attach the receipt & send it by email or my husband print it & send it to visa office by dhl

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Aziz
Sorry to hear about what immigrations is doing to you > I am in the same mess , My husband is from Casablanca and we were married on December 8 2005 and he was too refused two times . I dont know if they know the meaning of love and Marriage because i beleive you didnt pick your mate its all in the heart .... But i am not able to travel because of my health reasons and it gets me so upset to see other couples getting their husbands and wifes here > They said some of the reason was because im older than him ( which age shouldnt matter ) , that they said he would want children and i wouldnt be bale to give him any < well now i cant because i am getting older , but we talked about it and he didnt care because he wanted to be with me > they said his english wasnt no good but we talk everyday either by phone or MSN via web cams , we have been doing this since we met back in March 2004 . My love is very true and is very Genuine , ..... i tried a visitors visa alspo 2 times and refused again ...... my husband was trying but still refused , but i know where your comin from , i dont want to lose my husband hes the best thing that has happened to me . But Aziz dont ever give up its not your wifes fault its immigrations and what they want a marriage to be ...... not why people do marry ........... oh n one other thing because i dont speak Arebec thats another strike agaist me ...... but in my refusal papers a see alot od discriminating which i know isnt allowed < so to me where is the fairness to couples who want to be together cant because of the goverments ..... im sorry but thats comin from me and my feelings to wards alot

M

magpie

Print it out and send by DHL then you will have a tracking number.

lilyy00 said:
shall i attach the receipt & send it by email or my husband print it & send it to visa office by dhl

M

magpie

Have you thought of an appeal, going to your MP? you have that right

iluvlahoussine said:
Hi Aziz
Sorry to hear about what immigrations is doing to you > I am in the same mess , My husband is from Casablanca and we were married on December 8 2005 and he was too refused two times . I dont know if they know the meaning of love and Marriage because i beleive you didnt pick your mate its all in the heart .... But i am not able to travel because of my health reasons and it gets me so upset to see other couples getting their husbands and wifes here > They said some of the reason was because im older than him ( which age shouldnt matter ) , that they said he would want children and i wouldnt be bale to give him any < well now i cant because i am getting older , but we talked about it and he didnt care because he wanted to be with me > they said his english wasnt no good but we talk everyday either by phone or MSN via web cams , we have been doing this since we met back in March 2004 . My love is very true and is very Genuine , ..... i tried a visitors visa alspo 2 times and refused again ...... my husband was trying but still refused , but i know where your comin from , i dont want to lose my husband hes the best thing that has happened to me . But Aziz dont ever give up its not your wifes fault its immigrations and what they want a marriage to be ...... not why people do marry ........... oh n one other thing because i dont speak Arebec thats another strike agaist me ...... but in my refusal papers a see alot od discriminating which i know isnt allowed < so to me where is the fairness to couples who want to be together cant because of the goverments ..... im sorry but thats comin from me and my feelings to wards alot

H2S

Nov 21, 2011
Hi, I need your advice on following issues:
My husband is a Cadian citizen. We got married 3 years ago. I Immigrated to canada 1 months ago, on Sposual sponsorship. Since i have come here he has started abusing me. He also threats me that if i tell anyone, he will get me deported. In our Indian culture, parent expect girls to stay with the husbands after marriage regardless. So they are not ready to listen me.

My questions are
1. Can he get me deported, if i seperate/ divorce from him now or tell police about it. Is there a minimum time i have to stay with him before i can seek seperation/ divorce.
2. Is there any organisation where i can get help/ counselling to know why he is behaving like this and if possible to save my marriage.
3. can i work if i seperate from him. I have a SIN number.
4. Where can i get legal help in case my issue goes to court. i do not have any money. Whatever i had, my husband has taken away from me.
5. Any other suggestions on my options.

i can not go back as divorced girl are considered curse and even my family is not ready to accept me back.

My email is h2s@usa.com

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
magpie said:
Print it out and send by DHL then you will have a tracking number.
the problem is that i don't know whether PR application is in cairo VO or pilot office in ottawa ?

so if i send the receipt to cairo VO & the application is in pilot office, will this cause any problem ?