22 - NOVEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
26-NOVEMBER 2014
Med's Done....
20-AUGUST 2014
Passport Req..
21- JANUARY 2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship-common law to marrried

hi may ask regarding for the salutatory of common law ? because since dec.2012 weve been in a common law i declare him in CRA, And then this past april 2014 weve been married outside canada. do i need to declare him on sponsorship that weve been coMmon law since dec 2012 up to march 2014 and but now we are married?. i laready change my status in CRA.thankyou in advance because i was confused.. godbless :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
arleneo1arlene said:
hi may ask regarding for the salutatory of common law ? because since dec.2012 weve been in a common law i declare him in CRA, And then this past april 2014 weve been married outside canada. do i need to declare him on sponsorship that weve been coMmon law since dec 2012 up to march 2014 and but now we are married?. i laready change my status in CRA.thankyou in advance because i was confused.. godbless :)
If you applied as "common-law", you should inform CIC that the status has changed to "married". If you haven't sent off your application yet, just state "married". You don't need to make a separate declaration as common-law.

arleneo1arlene

Jul 9, 2014
ontario,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-October 2014
AOR Received.
22 - NOVEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
26-NOVEMBER 2014
Med's Done....
20-AUGUST 2014
Passport Req..
21- JANUARY 2015
Oh okay. How about those questions that asking if i am were been in a previously married/ common law,? (Form in application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking. Question 9.) Do i need to declare on it?

arleneo1arlene

Jul 9, 2014
ontario,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-October 2014
AOR Received.
22 - NOVEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
26-NOVEMBER 2014
Med's Done....
20-AUGUST 2014
Passport Req..
21- JANUARY 2015
Our application form not done coz we were not yet complete those requirements.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
arleneo1arlene said:
Oh okay. How about those questions that asking if i am were been in a previously married/ common law,? (Form in application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking. Question 9.) Do i need to declare on it?
I believe these questions are asking about previous relationships NOT with your current partner. So i believe it's asking if you've ever been married or in a commonlaw relationship with someone else.

mentioning you were in a commonlaw relationship before getting married isn't going to negatively affect your application. If anything it will prove the ongoing and true nature of your relationship.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Rob_TO said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

Thank you so much Rob_To.... ;)

arleneo1arlene

Jul 9, 2014
ontario,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-October 2014
AOR Received.
22 - NOVEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
26-NOVEMBER 2014
Med's Done....
20-AUGUST 2014
Passport Req..
21- JANUARY 2015
Thankyou so muchh..

quebecnewhusband

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
I have a question about getting the police clearance certificate (PCC) from Bangkok in Thailand. Next month, my thai wife and me are gonna go back to Canada and the plan is to apply from inland during our first month there. We were hoping to ask for the PCC before leaving Thailand, where we are now, but according to my wife, the police here is asking for a proof that the immigration process has started for them to give her a PCC. In other words, we would need to send our immigration application first, without the PCC, and then wait for the Immigration Canada to deliver us the Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) OR to ask us directly for the missing PCC. Problem is : I'm afraid this would cause even more delay.

Does anyone encountered the same problem? In Thailand or elsewhere? What should we do exactly? Try to ask for the PCC right away, hoping they will make an exception for my wife?

Or wait until the canadian government ask us for the PCC, and then apply for the PCC from Canada (which seems to be a more complicated process because the police would require fingerprints). Anyone has gone through that process before?

Thank you for your help and advices!

quebecnewhusband

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
And while I'm at it, I have a few more questions, since we're in the process of gathering all the documents together for the sponsorship and permanent residency application.

Is there anything such as "too many documents"? I mean : me and my wife have overwhelming proofs of the genuineness of our relationship. We have gathered over 60 documents to prove it so far. Should we send all of them? :

- Over 200 pages of Skype chat. (should we really print and send all of this??? Or just a few chosen parts?). Add to that over 20 pages of Facebook chat. We can also have dozens of pages of LINE chat.

- Emails between us

- Emails + facebook messages between me and my family or me and my friends where I talk about my wife.

- Hotel vouchers

- Plane and bus tickets

- Car rentals

- Wedding bills and bookings

- Wedding invitations

- Emails between us and hotel and wedding organizers

- Travel insurances

- I'll also ask friends and family to produce certified letters that would assess the genuineness of our relationship.

- I'm also currently building our photo album and I should get around 30 pages of it (4 photo per page). Is it too much?

- I'm also thinking about joining a DVD (video) of our wedding day. Is this necessary?

Is this too much? Is there a chance that having too many documents could create more delays, because it takes too much time to analyze? In this case, what should we cut among this all?

laotumao

Sep 26, 2012
Re: proof for fulfilling obligation in the custody order?

Dear All,

For the Spousal sponsorship application, they require to provide:
"Custody order for your child and proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in the custody
order".

Can anyone suggest how to provide "proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in the custody order"?

Thanks in advance.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014

laotumao said:
Dear All,

For the Spousal sponsorship application, they require to provide:
"Custody order for your child and proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in the custody
order".

Can anyone suggest how to provide "proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in the custody order"?

Thanks in advance.
well i would imagine it would depend on what is written in the specific custody order. we can not really help without knowing what the obligations are. are you obligated to pay any money? shared custody? money for school? basically whatever is listed in the custody order, CIC is looking for information about how you have complied. You can supply bank statements, copies of bills paid for expenses, a letter from the othe parent or your attorney that no issues have come up about your obligations, etc.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
quebecnewhusband said:
And while I'm at it, I have a few more questions, since we're in the process of gathering all the documents together for the sponsorship and permanent residency application.

Is there anything such as "too many documents"? I mean : me and my wife have overwhelming proofs of the genuineness of our relationship. We have gathered over 60 documents to prove it so far. Should we send all of them? :

- Over 200 pages of Skype chat. (should we really print and send all of this??? Or just a few chosen parts?). Add to that over 20 pages of Facebook chat. We can also have dozens of pages of LINE chat.

- Emails between us

- Emails + facebook messages between me and my family or me and my friends where I talk about my wife.

- Hotel vouchers

- Plane and bus tickets

- Car rentals

- Wedding bills and bookings

- Wedding invitations

- Emails between us and hotel and wedding organizers

- Travel insurances

- I'll also ask friends and family to produce certified letters that would assess the genuineness of our relationship.

- I'm also currently building our photo album and I should get around 30 pages of it (4 photo per page). Is it too much?

- I'm also thinking about joining a DVD (video) of our wedding day. Is this necessary?

Is this too much? Is there a chance that having too many documents could create more delays, because it takes too much time to analyze? In this case, what should we cut among this all?
From what I have read, there is no such thing as too much evidence. Send everything you can that shows the authenticity of your relationship and let the visa officer decide what they want to look at and what they think is relevant. As for a dvd, Cic will not accept any packages containing electronic devices, photo albums etc. Pïctures need to be sent loose or in an envelope, no dvd.

quebecnewhusband

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
JAMO1973 said:
From what I have read, there is no such thing as too much evidence. Send everything you can that shows the authenticity of your relationship and let the visa officer decide what they want to look at and what they think is relevant. As for a dvd, Cic will not accept any packages containing electronic devices, photo albums etc. Pïctures need to be sent loose or in an envelope, no dvd.
Thank you for the advices! Then our application envelope might be very thick and heavy... ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pmarshall1 said:
Hey guys so my Ecas changed to In Process does that mean my interview has been waived ?? Should I pay my PR fee now ? Is this a good thing ??
No - it doesn't mean your interview is waived. It means they have started looking at your file.

laotumao

Sep 26, 2012

rhcohen2014 said:
well i would imagine it would depend on what is written in the specific custody order. we can not really help without knowing what the obligations are. are you obligated to pay any money? shared custody? money for school? basically whatever is listed in the custody order, CIC is looking for information about how you have complied. You can supply bank statements, copies of bills paid for expenses, a letter from the othe parent or your attorney that no issues have come up about your obligations, etc.
Rhcohen, thank you for your reply. I got what you meant.

While the applicant is required to provide any proof showing close relationship with the sponsor, I found that the guide only instruct us to provide evidence showing financial support from the sponsor. Could it also be the financial support from the applicant? Would that be suspicious if the financial support is from the applicant rather than the sponsor?

Thank you for your time.