VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18, 2015
LANDED..........
March 13, 2015
oh oh oh .. now i know..

we have the tracking number..

thank you ..

we are just anxiously waiting ...
cant wait for the time to be united again,, the time that we will not be apart anymore ....

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question about when people write letters of support to show intent to return. I live outside of Canada so my mother and some friends have written letters saying they will give my wife and I a place to stay, food etc. until we get our life underway in Canada. Now the question.
Is the letter enough or does the person writing the letter need to scan and e-mail identification also?

nurse_85

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Done....
April 2013- re-requested July 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 21/2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14/2014
LANDED..........
September 2/2014 :)
My husband had to resubmit his Medicals which he did 2 weeks ago. How long until
They get them? Will that be updated on ecas? Should we email the VO? Thanks

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Yipeeeeee DM!!!

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
No, a us citizen can NOT "live" or "move" to canada without the proper authorization (PR, work or study visa). As you are admitted as a visitor when you cross, you are only allowed to "visit". you definitely are lucky you have not had any trouble crossing the border frequently, especially telling them you are living there. Perhaps because you work in the US, they are not as concerned. Just be aware another poster recently mentioned that her spouse was limited to only visiting 3 days a week because of traveling accross the border regularly to work in the US. It all really depends on the border agent you get i guess.

PS. in regards to your previous post above, ALL US outland applicaitons are processed in Ottawa. The only visa office in the states that handles spousal applications right now is LA, and files generally only go there if there is a problem with the application, ie: red flags. It is by far MUCH faster to apply outland, as it's currently taking 6-10 months to complete.
Hi Rhcohen2014,

I am just curious. The basis of my application to be sponsored by my partner under the Family Class Sponsorship is "Common Law"; thus residing together for minimum 1 year consecutively. Then, how can I accomplish this status if i am not allowed to live in Canada? I was told by another poster several months ago that I do not need to apply through "Conjugal sponsorship" because we have NO barriers to live together for 1 year (since I am a US citizen; there are agreements between US and Canada that enable me to be in Canada for 6 months at a time).

Please help me because I am going to sign my name on the lease of a new apartment in Toronto, together with my boyfriend, so that one year from now we will send off the Statutory Declaration for becoming a common law couple. And then we will proceed to apply for my immigration in Canada.

Thanks for your help and explanation.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Clothilde said:
Hi Rhcohen2014,

I am just curious. The basis of my application to be sponsored by my partner under the Family Class Sponsorship is "Common Law"; thus residing together for minimum 1 year consecutively. Then, how can I accomplish this status if i am not allowed to live in Canada? I was told by another poster several months ago that I do not need to apply through "Conjugal sponsorship" because we have NO barriers to live together for 1 year (since I am a US citizen; there are agreements between US and Canada that enable me to be in Canada for 6 months at a time).

Please help me because I am going to sign my name on the lease of a new apartment in Toronto, together with my boyfriend, so that one year from now we will send off the Statutory Declaration for becoming a common law couple. And then we will proceed to apply for my immigration in Canada.

Thanks for your help and explanation.
As a US citizen you are allowed to 'visit' for up to 6 months at a time. Before your 'visit' is to expire, you can apply to extend your visit for another 6 months which will effectively allow you to 'live' with your boyfriend for the minimum of 1 year. We use the term 'visit' instead of 'live' even though they are the same. For CBSA you never use the term 'live' if you don't have the proper permits to do so. CIC is not so discerning, so if you 'visit and stay' with your partner for 1 year, to them, you are living together. It's just a matter of how each part of the Canadian govt sees and defines these terms.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Alurra71 said:
As a US citizen you are allowed to 'visit' for up to 6 months at a time. Before your 'visit' is to expire, you can apply to extend your visit for another 6 months which will effectively allow you to 'live' with your boyfriend for the minimum of 1 year. We use the term 'visit' instead of 'live' even though they are the same. For CBSA you never use the term 'live' if you don't have the proper permits to do so. CIC is not so discerning, so if you 'visit and stay' with your partner for 1 year, to them, you are living together. It's just a matter of how each part of the Canadian govt sees and defines these terms.
exactly!

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rhcohen,
One more question.

I will- as the basis of my immigration Canada- be considered Common Law with my Canadian bf. And we did combine all of our belongings, and mutually pay for our living items (i.e. Rent, utility bills, furniture, etc).

Now, how can i be considered an outland applicant if I am so obviously staying in Canada?

Do applicants really move back to the US while their application is being reviewed? When do they have to leave Canada: before or after sending the application? Do they have to bring back all of their belongings to the US? And how often can they visit their partners in Canada before they hear back from the CIC?

Thank you.

cheriesra

Jul 14, 2014
hi
i applied for my wife in sept 2013
her passport was called 6 months ago but we have not received any thing from the embassy.
we emailed two times to the immigration about why our visa is not being issued.
havent got any response from them.
wht should i do...i m in dilema.

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cheriesra said:
hi
i applied for my wife in sept 2013
her passport was called 6 months ago but we have not received any thing from the embassy.
we emailed two times to the immigration about why our visa is not being issued.
havent got any response from them.
wht should i do...i m in dilema.

thanks
More information is needed. What's your visa office? Some visa offices request the passport at the start of the process rather than when they are ready to issue the visa. Two such visa offices are New Delhi and Manila.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Clothilde said:
The Statutory Declaration of common-law document is not required. After living with your partner for 12 consecutive months, you are automatically common-law. He will change his status with CRA to common-law for tax purposes, and that's all you need to do.
Then when you send your application for PR, you will include lots of proof/evidence that you've lived together 12 consecutive months.

Clothilde said:
Now, how can i be considered an outland applicant if I am so obviously staying in Canada?
Applying outland has nothing to do with where you want to live during processing. It reflects where the app is processed, and where any potential interview would be.
As you can see the designated visa office for US citizen PR apps is CPC-Ottawa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

You are easily able to stay in Canada as a visitor while outland PR app is in process. Just apply for necessary visitor extensions.

In the unlikely event an interview is required, that would be in the US.

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much!

For proof/ evidence of common law, the statutory form asks if we have proof such as names on lease, joint bank accounts and life insurance beneficiaries.

We have been cohabiting since 2011, but my name has not always been on the lease, and we never joined our accounts because my bank is from the US (do to US income).

Can it be enough to send dates from entries and exits in Canada, multiple photos of us throughout the years (family events, work events, travels), personal declarations, and testimonies from friends and family? Or will they request more proof than that?

Thank you!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Clothilde said:
Thank you so much!

For proof/ evidence of common law, the statutory form asks if we have proof such as names on lease, joint bank accounts and life insurance beneficiaries.

We have been cohabiting since 2011, but my name has not always been on the lease, and we never joined our accounts because my bank is from the US (do to US income).

Can it be enough to send dates from entries and exits in Canada, multiple photos of us throughout the years (family events, work events, travels), personal declarations, and testimonies from friends and family? Or will they request more proof than that?

Thank you!
Any evidences that will prove cohabitation such as joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account, utility bills in both name, joint hotel bills, joint travel proof, testimonial from landlord, friends and family....., joint fitness club membership, joint vehicle ownership/ insurance .......

Also check this out:

Posted by Meiko3886:

Hey! Im from Poland and my bf is from Canada. We are collecting supporting documents for common law application and i wonder if its enough or we should get something more. We are together 5 years,but live together in Canada for 1 year and 9 months. This is list of things we have so far:
1. Joint bank account.
2. Residential tenancy agreement with both our names, flat condition inspection report - signed up by both, proof of payment for one year.
3. Im added in his phone account as authorized contact.
4. Costco wholesale membership agreement.
5. Documents from fitness world showing that we signed up together and cancelled it together after one year, also we were paying for it from one account.
6. Letter to us from Hospital Foundation, where we volunteered.
7. Prove of payment for trip - both names there.
8. Prove of payment for 2 cinema tickets
9. Letters about our relationship from his sister, my mom, our 1 friend.
10. Christmas postcard from landlord, birthday cards from my mom, his sister..
11. 3 postcards we sent to each other.. Letter he wrote to my mom asking her to let me visit him in Canada for first time
12. Lots of pictures from around 5-6 bigger trips in Canada, pics from 2010 when he visited me in Poland, then from 2011 when i visited him in Canada very first time. There are our friends and families.
13. Few screens of Facebook, that show we are in relationships, first pics together posted in 2010.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Clothilde said:
Thank you so much!

Thank you!
As I said, the stats declaration form is not required unless CIC specifically asks for it. In most cases, people don't include it.

And no that would not be enough proof. You need actual evidence that you lived together. You can concentrate on the latest 12 months of cohabitation. So get landlord to add your name to lease effective from a certain date, or provide a declaration that if you were living together.

Also include mail that was delivered to both or you at same address. You can look to also get joint bank acct, supplemental credit card, and life insurance on each other.

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
Hi ,

My husband is Canadian Citizen and I am a resident in USA but an Indian citizen.
We are applying for Spouse Visa.

In the application, it says "You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year"

I got all my medicals and finger prints done from USA but I plan to move back to India while the application will be in process. Can I choose Visa Office as New delhi or it has to be USA as I got all my documents issued from here?

Thanks,