Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
PALAKI said:
Hi rs3710,
I also have the same case as urs but I was on dependent visa in US...My advice would be to choose NDVO only ,bcoz when ur application will be processed u will be in india not US...why don't u come back to india and then apply with ur medicals done again in india... I don't know if one an change visa office at the time f processing...also how to inform ndvo abt change of country..... try calling cpc-mississauga.... u also need to include ur pcc from india as well....pls consult an immigration lawyer as he can guide u better....
Hi Palaki, Thanks for the response.
I have my PCC from India as well . I am working here so I wanted to apply for the application now and then move to India by end of the year so that few months during processing I will not have gap in my career as I can not work in Canada until my application is processed and NVDO takes up 13 months atleast. I thought before I cfile the application , I will enter NDVO as my VO.CIC Mississauga has no phone number mentioned. Any way I can contact and ask them?

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Hello,

Can someone please help me out with the spousal sponsorship???

Here's my case, I came to Canada in 2012 as student but now on a work permit. I got married in may to my girl (Canadian Citizen) in Canada and we are living together. We are almost close in sending out the application form and had few questions:

1. I was told that I should be applying an 'Outland' application, but while filling the sponsor-Partner questionnaire, it seems like it is actually meant for someone not living in Canada, would it be fine if we still fill it up and send?

2.My work permit expires in OCT'14, should I be sending my OPW application with this package or should I wait for the approval of sponsorship and send that letter with my application?

3. Though we are Hindu's, we had a small wedding here in Christian rites as my parents were not here. We also had a traditional ceremony in India in May. Would there be any problem because of this? we have pictures for all the events.

4. Should I be sending the PR fees also , as of now I have receipt of $550 ( $ 75 sponsor + $ 475 Principal applicant)

I would appreciate if anyone could help me asap as all this process is really getting me tensed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nnair said:
Hello,

Can someone please help me out with the spousal sponsorship???

Here's my case, I came to Canada in 2012 as student but now on a work permit. I got married in may to my girl (Canadian Citizen) in Canada and we are living together. We are almost close in sending out the application form and had few questions:

1. I was told that I should be applying an 'Outland' application, but while filling the sponsor-Partner questionnaire, it seems like it is actually meant for someone not living in Canada, would it be fine if we still fill it up and send?

2.My work permit expires in OCT'14, should I be sending my OPW application with this package or should I wait for the approval of sponsorship and send that letter with my application?

3. Though we are Hindu's, we had a small wedding here in Christian rites as my parents were not here. We also had a traditional ceremony in India in May. Would there be any problem because of this? we have pictures for all the events.

4. Should I be sending the PR fees also , as of now I have receipt of $550 ( $ 75 sponsor + $ 475 Principal applicant)

I would appreciate if anyone could help me asap as all this process is really getting me tensed.
1. As long as you are using the correct set of forms for an Outland application (NOT an In-Canada application package), it's ok. All you have to do is maintain your legal status, which is not a requirement for an Inland applicant, while you are living...I mean `visiting' your wife in Canada.

2. OWP is only available to an Inland applicant. If you are submitting an Outland application, you are not eligible for an OWP.

3. No idea, but I would guess that you'll be ok.

4. It's suggested, but not mandatory. Some people believe that by not sending it up front, it may delay the process slightly.

Good luck!

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by maintain the legal status??? as in status in Canada...ryt??? I dint get that when you said 'Visiting with your wife'.

So OWP is only for in-land application. what do you think I should be doing for that? Like my visa would expire in Oct'14(3 months).

I would appreciate if you could guide me

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Form 5669, background declaration. My husband, as PR fills this out, but also his 2 kids, whether they are accompanying him or not, right?
Do I need to do one for my child as well bc she would now be his step-child?

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
computergeek said:
It would be best to send an OWP application to be added to your inland application. Since you have an existing work permit, you should use your UCI from that work permit and send it to CPC-M ad request they add it to your file.

By having a pending application for a new OWP (filed before your old one expires) you remain in legal status (the implied status doctrine). While it is not strictly required for the in Canada class application, it is best to remain in status when possible.

You do not have to leave. One of the primary benefits of the in-Canada class application (to balance against the horribly long processing times) is that you do not need to be in status.
Hi there,

I have very similar situation and needs your inputs and suggestions! I just submitted the sponsorship to CPC-M for my husband one month ago (for outland application due to possible appealing if the case got rejected). My husband is currently working in Canada with valid closed work permit (which will expire in Mar/2015). So we're wondering if he can apply for the OWP or he can extend his current CWP while waiting for the immigration results? And how early should we apply for the work permit extension (6 months prior to the expiration)? And once his WP got extended, can he leave Canada and re-enter Canada with the implied status?

And if we didn't enclose the OWP together with our outland application to CPC-M, can we submit the OWP application to CPC-M again and request them to add to his file?

Much appreciated for any help!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
nnair said:
Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by maintain the legal status??? as in status in Canada...ryt??? I dint get that when you said 'Visiting with your wife'.

So OWP is only for in-land application. what do you think I should be doing for that? Like my visa would expire in Oct'14(3 months).

I would appreciate if you could guide me
When you have about a month left on your work permit, apply to change your status to visitor. Then you can remain in Canada legally, but you will not be allowed to work. Your employer could try to obtain an LMO and extend your work permit.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
dombledore said:
Hi there,

I have very similar situation and needs your inputs and suggestions! I just submitted the sponsorship to CPC-M for my husband one month ago (for outland application due to possible appealing if the case got rejected). My husband is currently working in Canada with valid closed work permit (which will expire in Mar/2015). So we're wondering if he can apply for the OWP or he can extend his current CWP while waiting for the immigration results? And how early should we apply for the work permit extension (6 months prior to the expiration)? And once his WP got extended, can he leave Canada and re-enter Canada with the implied status?

And if we didn't enclose the OWP together with our outland application to CPC-M, can we submit the OWP application to CPC-M again and request them to add to his file?

Much appreciated for any help!
You are not eligible for an OWP if you applied outland.

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hello to all a quick question is it the norm for them to ask a copy of ur renewed passport,AND all depenents occupation ans e-mails? cus there children and one is 18 I don't understand why they need that info or the passport,thanks for all replies in advance ???

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello all, i need a clarification concerning personal history on IMM5669. I finished school in June 2013 and got job in August 2013, will i still account for 2 months of searching for job? or i can just write say "From 2011 09 to 2013 06 for studying" From 2013 08 to Date for the job". i really need explanation as per " Do not leave any gaps in time"
Thanks

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
MilesAway said:
You are not eligible for an OWP if you applied outland.
Thank you for your response.
Can he extend or change his closed WP or TRV while awaiting for the immigration results ?
If not, does my husband have to leave Canada after his WP expires?

Thanks!

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Ponga said:
1. This date means nothing to CIC, if it is simply the day that you and your partner became a `couple', but were not yet living together (for a common-law application).

2. 3/4/2014 was the day that you OFFICIALLY entered into your common-law relationship; exactly one year after you began living together.

Hopefully, you have plenty of proof that you will send along with your application. Things like:

Joint lease or mortgage
Mail delivered to each of you at that address
Joint utility bills, cell phone plan, bank account, etc.

`Saying' that you've been living together is one thing...you also need to send evidence that proves this (beyond a doubt) to CIC.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Ponga and azarme09, I still have some questions about the forms that need to be submitted to CIC:

I am going to use March 4, 2014 as our official date when we entered into common law relationship. I am still in the process of gathering some documents and evidences to prove them that our relationship is genuine. Some of the evidences at hand are the ffg:
1. Life insurance with him as beneficiary
2. Around 60 photos of travelling together.
3. Joint account checquing and savings statements
4. Joint account credit card statements
5. Mutual fund with him as beneficiary.
6. Plane ticket (Itinerary) with our both names in it.
7. Mails delivered to us with past and present addresses that we are living on that address.

Here are some of my questions:

1. We dont have a lease agreement, 'coz we only rent a room and paid them in cash monthly. But they provide us a a monthly receipt with our both names in it, amount, date and address of the house. Is this ok to submit?

2..Is Option C the same as the notice of assessment that CRA send to me?, i filed my income tax for the year 2013, and i just received the assessment last May. (just asking) Anyway i called CRA to request for Option C already and based on what i read on other forum it took them 4 weeks to process, is this true?

3. What is Statutory Declaration of Common Law Relationship? Who will fill up this form? Do we need to submit this form?

Thanks for the help.

ocebru

Mar 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

Here is my case and I need help. My husband and I got married three weeks. I would like to sponsor him but we are not sure if we should do the inland or the outland application.
I wanted to do the outland because it is faster but our consultant is saying that my husband she leave for a month or two. Do we have to leave the country? and if not how do we prove that we are actually out of the country?

Thanks,
Oceane

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ocebru said:
Hi everyone,

Here is my case and I need help. My husband and I got married three weeks. I would like to sponsor him but we are not sure if we should do the inland or the outland application.
I wanted to do the outland because it is faster but our consultant is saying that my husband she leave for a month or two. Do we have to leave the country? and if not how do we prove that we are actually out of the country?

Thanks,
Oceane
if your husband is in canada already, he can apply to extend his stay as a visitor. He can also apply outland while IN canada as a visitor, and stay for the duration of the process, assuming he was granted a long enough extension. If an interview was requested, he would need to go back to his home country. The fact your consultant doesn't know this information about extending as a visitor and applying outland without leaving canada suggests they may not know what they are doing. i would recommend staying away from them and not pay them at all . Where is your husband from? This information will help guide you better...