Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6,2013
AOR Received.
April 18,2013
LANDED..........
December 10,2008
Rob_TO said:
You don't need to inform CIC about pregnancy. Only if child is born, and then as long as child is Canadian by birth they only need to be added to "additional family info" form so it's a very easy update.

However if your first medical exam expires and CIC requests you to do a new medical exam, then you will need to defer the x-ray portion (which can be harmful to fetus) until after you give birth. Obviously this would delay your PR until after you give birth, so hopefully they approve your app before medical expires or can extend your current medical.
thanks Rob_To

laotumao

Sep 26, 2012
Re: Refused admission=refused visa???

scylla said:
Yes - a Temporary Resident Visa is certainly a visa. So the answer to this question is certainly "yes".
Hi, Scylla,

I am still confused. Does a "refused admssion" mean a "refused visa?" Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Arianaanger said:
Great post ! My husband and I have decided to apply outside Canada. He prepared all the documents and then came to visit me in Canada and we got married. Since his documents had to be translated and motorized (he's South Korean) they expire at the end of August. Once we got the marriage certificate we were planning on sending away our package but my last name will not yet be changed to my married last name. Do I just fill out the documents with my family last name and when my last name is changed notify immigration? Or should I wait to change it until after he has his PR card?
Thanks so much for any help !
I'd suggest that you not worry about your name change - better to file the application sooner than later. If/when you change your surname you can advise the visa office - but as the sponsor it really doesn't matter (you are the sponsor, right?)

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
Thank you for all your help computergeek. We have decided to do the outland sponsorship application.

One thing I am getting confused about is when it asks in question 3 on the generic application, "how many family members, including you, are in this application?", if that includes me as the sponsor in Canada already, her common-law partner, or if it is just her?

I'm sure more questions will arise. We are doing this on our own so we want to make sure we get it right!

Thanks for the help!

bluewenchee

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2014
AOR Received.
September 2, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 07,2014
Passport Req..
Feb 04, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18, 2015
LANDED..........
March 13, 2015
Hi.. can anybody give me some ideas of how long will it take visa will be approved, especially a wife living in Philippines, to be sponsored by a spouse who is in Canada.. reply will be much appreciated .. thanks ..

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
bluewenchee said:
Hi.. can anybody give me some ideas of how long will it take visa will be approved, especially a wife living in Philippines, to be sponsored by a spouse who is in Canada.. reply will be much appreciated .. thanks ..

Just try to look at this link this will give you guide of how long will the processing time be..it says 14 months for Philippines.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_com&lang=en&app=

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
lynnie24 said:
bluewenchee said:
Hi.. can anybody give me some ideas of how long will it take visa will be approved, especially a wife living in Philippines, to be sponsored by a spouse who is in Canada.. reply will be much appreciat

Or might as will try this one if you do not have UCI number yet.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question about when people write letters of support to show intent to return. I live outside of Canada so my mother and some friends have written letters saying they will give my wife and I a place to stay, food etc. until we get our life underway in Canada. Now the question.
Is the letter enough or does the person writing the letter need to scan and e-mail identification also?

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Forum, I am applying sponsorship application for my wife (Bangladesh). I have a question about police clearance. My wife had her passport before we got married. So my name is obviously not present in her passport. Now when she goes to request for the police clearance, it does not show my name either in the police clearance as it was based on the passport.
My question is if the police clearance certificate does not have my name in it, is it still ok?

Thanks in advance

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
pirates of sandvip said:
Hello Forum, I am applying sponsorship application for my wife (Bangladesh). I have a question about police clearance. My wife had her passport before we got married. So my name is obviously not present in her passport. Now when she goes to request for the police clearance, it does not show my name either in the police clearance as it was based on the passport.
My question is if the police clearance certificate does not have my name in it, is it still ok?

Thanks in advance
the police certificate is for the applicant, it does not have anything to do with the sponsor. The police certificate is running a background check on the applicant, and uses the name they legally are known by. the applicant does not need to have the same last name as the sponsor. it is not a requirement.

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
robbie43 said:
hey guys,
I'm just curious on how long things take. Been forever already. I sent my wife application on November 26th 2013 and it arrived New Delhi December 20th 2013. My wife sent her passport in on March 4th 2014 to immigration when receiving the letter and since then we got nothing. It been 7 months already. When I check online on the CIC website is says Medical received. Can someone please help us =(. Thank you

Robbie.
if you are Nov applicant then you will hear gud news soon. ..bcoz current time New delhi started working on Oct files so hope this month or next month they will sure started Nov files. ..join the New Delhi 2013 forum you will received any knowledge...all the best

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
Except long waits, and if its sooner that you expect, thats good news!

mmariemay

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everyone... I'm so glad I found this forum..I have been trying to contact CIC for some questions but it is very IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of an operator...I hope somebody can help me with my doubts....

Here is my condition:

I just submitted today, July 10, 2014, my IN CANADA spousal sponsorship application. But I did not know that it is a good idea to include an OPEN WORK PERMIT application. My temporary work permit will expire on Aug. 2015. But I resigned from my work already because it is far from my husband's place.

Shall I send an OWP APPLICATION separately? or do I need to wait for the result in step one, if CIC will send me an AIP(Approval in Principle)?
I am just worried because now I know that it would take 12 months to get the result in step one for the INLAND sponsorship, and by that time, my work permit will expire too...
What will happen to me if my application is still on process and my work permit expires? Can i stay here in Canada while waiting for the result of my application?
I have been trying to apply for a job here in this place but it seems noboby is giving LMO already because of the TFW Moratorium...
Can you suggest of the right way to smooth out my situation?
Please help...and Thank you...

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
mmariemay said:
Hi everyone... I'm so glad I found this forum..I have been trying to contact CIC for some questions but it is very IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of an operator...I hope somebody can help me with my doubts....

Here is my condition:

I just submitted today, July 10, 2014, my IN CANADA spousal sponsorship application. But I did not know that it is a good idea to include an OPEN WORK PERMIT application. My temporary work permit will expire on Aug. 2015. But I resigned from my work already because it is far from my husband's place.

Shall I send an OWP APPLICATION separately? or do I need to wait for the result in step one, if CIC will send me an AIP(Approval in Principle)?

I
I am just worried because now I know that it would take 12 months to get the result in step one for the INLAND sponsorship, and by that time, my work permit will expire too...
What will happen to me if my application is still on process and my work permit expires? Can i stay here in Canada while waiting for the result of my application?
I have been trying to apply for a job here in this place but it seems noboby is giving LMO already because of the TFW Moratorium...
Can you suggest of the right way to smooth out my situation?
Please help...and Thank you...
I believe you are able to stay in Canada while your application is being processed, but it may be best to look on the Frequently asked Questions on the CIC website if there are any answers. The wait in the CIC contact centre was only 10 minutes yesterday when I called.