+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

spainz

Jul 10, 2014
hello good day just want to ask regarding my concern, I am Filipino currently residing in the Philippines .
i have this issue regarding may daughter because her surname is different from mine. she bears her father's surname which happens to be my ex boyfriend (not married) and he abandoned us since she was 1.

i am married now and my husband wants us to come with him in canada. Now i have an affidavit of sole custody of my daughter BUT i dont have this custody decree. we are abandoned long time ago and we dont have any communication, that's why we didnt settle any legal form for my daughter but since we are abandoned it just mean that he doesnt want to continue any ties or bond with us anymore. In the cic site said "If the parents are separated or divorced and one of them has sole custody of the child, the letter of authorization may be signed by that parent only and a copy of the custody decree presented".
What letter do i need for my daughter to finish my application.

"If the parents are separated or divorced and one of them has sole custody of the child, the letter of authorization may be signed by that parent only - i think i am the one who's gonna sign this

a copy of the custody decree presented". - how bout this i dont have it. aside from it do i have any option needed to present any document to prove taht i am the sole custodian?

pls help me with my concern i'm so confuse of that letter pls send me a form or a link that i need to fill up and what are the other requirements my daughter needed to accompany me. PLS THANKS!

i also read this ...

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

yes i included her but my worries are those 2 papers needed which are letter of authorization and copy of custody decree.

MISCHA

Jun 16, 2014
im in the same situation,but i submitted open work permit application that will give me an implied status.try to call cic as well.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
hi

As of August 1, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will be changing its definition of a dependent child for its immigration programs. As of that date, a dependent child will have to be under 19 years of age, instead of the previous limit of under 22 years of age. Find out more about the change in the definition of a dependent child.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mmariemay said:
I just submitted today, July 10, 2014, my IN CANADA spousal sponsorship application. But I did not know that it is a good idea to include an OPEN WORK PERMIT application. My temporary work permit will expire on Aug. 2015. But I resigned from my work already because it is far from my husband's place.

Shall I send an OWP APPLICATION separately? or do I need to wait for the result in step one, if CIC will send me an AIP(Approval in Principle)?
I am just worried because now I know that it would take 12 months to get the result in step one for the INLAND sponsorship, and by that time, my work permit will expire too...
What will happen to me if my application is still on process and my work permit expires? Can i stay here in Canada while waiting for the result of my application?
I have been trying to apply for a job here in this place but it seems noboby is giving LMO already because of the TFW Moratorium...
Can you suggest of the right way to smooth out my situation?
Please help...and Thank you...
It would be best to send an OWP application to be added to your inland application. Since you have an existing work permit, you should use your UCI from that work permit and send it to CPC-M ad request they add it to your file.

By having a pending application for a new OWP (filed before your old one expires) you remain in legal status (the implied status doctrine). While it is not strictly required for the in Canada class application, it is best to remain in status when possible.

You do not have to leave. One of the primary benefits of the in-Canada class application (to balance against the horribly long processing times) is that you do not need to be in status.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Hi,

Need help. My fiance applied for PR last year for myself but unfortunately got rejected because the VO was not satisfied because we didnt leave together for almost a year.
By next month we are getting married and he would like to apply under Family Sponsorhip. My fiance is Indian and I am filipina. With the rejection that was issued before is there a chance that the application will be approve? Do we need to submit another requirements? My fiance just got his PR last year.

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kathkath said:
Hi,

Need help. My fiance applied for PR last year for myself but unfortunately got rejected because the VO was not satisfied because we didnt leave together for almost a year.
By next month we are getting married and he would like to apply under Family Sponsorhip. My fiance is Indian and I am filipina. With the rejection that was issued before is there a chance that the application will be approve? Do we need to submit another requirements? My fiance just got his PR last year.

Thanks in advance
You should have no issues being approved once you're married.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Thanks Scylla.

But should there be no issues after VO rejected my application before?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kathkath said:
Thanks Scylla.

But should there be no issues after VO rejected my application before?
that is what scylla means by having "no issues once you are married". common law and marriage are not the same, and require different proof to prove the relationship is true and ongoing. so if someone applied before using common law, and they weren't truly common law, they can reapply under spousal assuming the marriage is legal.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
that is what scylla means by having "no issues once you are married". common law and marriage are not the same, and require different proof to prove the relationship is true and ongoing. so if someone applied before using common law, and they weren't truly common law, they can reapply under spousal assuming the marriage is legal.
Thanks rhcohen2014.
im just worried about it. hoping that the application will be ok after that. another question is that how long is the processing?
Thank you so much

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kathkath said:
Thanks rhcohen2014.
im just worried about it. hoping that the application will be ok after that. another question is that how long is the processing?
Thank you so much
it will depend on whether the application is inland or outland, and which visa office is processing the file. my suggestion is to find the thread on this forum that is specific to the visa office that will process your application to get a good understanding about how long the process takes. i personally do not know the processing times of every single visa office around the world.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
kathkath said:
Thanks rhcohen2014.
Thank you so much
we are in a relationship since 2010 what are the other documents that we can submit other than the marriage certificate.

Thank you so much

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
it will depend on whether the application is inland or outland, and which visa office is processing the file. my suggestion is to find the thread on this forum that is specific to the visa office that will process your application to get a good understanding about how long the process takes. i personally do not know the processing times of every single visa office around the world.
it will be outland and the visa office will be in Abudhabi.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kathkath said:
we are in a relationship since 2010 what are the other documents that we can submit other than the marriage certificate.

Thank you so much
Here are some examples: Photos from your wedding, photos from your travels together, photos from family events, evidence of any property or bank accounts you own jointly, wedding bills, any correspondence with each other (e.g. emails), proof of trips you've taken together (e.g. flight itineraries), joint leases / rental agreements, joint bills (e.g. credit card, utility).

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Hello Forum mates...could anyone help me how to request GCMS...i just need to know how to do it..or if theres a link regarding this..thanks everyone in advance..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lynnie24 said:
Hello Forum mates...could anyone help me how to request GCMS...i just need to know how to do it..or if theres a link regarding this..thanks everyone in advance..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo