+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Can anyone please guide, if i am sponsoring my wife as a spouse outland applicant, do i have to fill separate documents imm1344 and checklist imm5534 or he will add as a dependent in the same application. My son is 1 year old please reply.

Apr 12, 2023
Can someone share the document check list specifically required to apply for your husband’s PR application who is living in India while you’re a PR living in Canada? I have received mixed information about the pay slips & letter of employment on this matter. Some consultants say that job letter or salary slip is not mandatory to submit spouse visa(PR Application), without it, file can be submitted without any wait while others say otherwise. Asking this because currently my employer is not giving me LOE and this is delaying my application filing for my husband. Genuine advice required!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can someone share the document check list specifically required to apply for your husband’s PR application who is living in India while you’re a PR living in Canada? I have received mixed information about the pay slips & letter of employment on this matter. Some consultants say that job letter or salary slip is not mandatory to submit spouse visa(PR Application), without it, file can be submitted without any wait while others say otherwise. Asking this because currently my employer is not giving me LOE and this is delaying my application filing for my husband. Genuine advice required!
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Get the checklist here, read it carefully. Instructions, same place.

shahriarali

Feb 5, 2022
Inland Spousal sponsorship - Ontario

File submitted: 2nd October 2023
AOR: 2nd November 2023

Should I submit for Open work permit right away or should I wait for Inland spousal application's medical instructions letter first? Is it better if I complete the medical and apply for work permit application with medical done upfront?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Inland Spousal sponsorship - Ontario

File submitted: 2nd October 2023
AOR: 2nd November 2023

Should I submit for Open work permit right away or should I wait for Inland spousal application's medical instructions letter first? Is it better if I complete the medical and apply for work permit application with medical done upfront?
Don't think medical has anything to do with it, go ahead and submit.

Reactions: shahriarali

abkg1998

Star Member
Sep 25, 2023
Hi good day. I received GCSM notes. I was wondering what stage are we do you guys think? How long would it usually take to complete Criminality?

After passing criminality would we complete BG check?

It shows that Eligibility has started on GCKEY app. But it says not started on the GCSM notes, I am confused.

Assessments:
Eligibility:
Not started
Security: Not started.
HIRV: blank
Criminality: In progress.
Medical: Passed.
Misrepresentation: blank
Info sharing: Complete
Other reqs: blank
Final: blank

If someone can give some comments about our GCSM notes that I would be very thankful.

Thanks.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I helped someone complete the forms for spousal sponsorship and see now where it all has to be submitted online? Has anyone mailed them in anyway and if so, what response did you get?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
I helped someone complete the forms for spousal sponsorship and see now where it all has to be submitted online? Has anyone mailed them in anyway and if so, what response did you get?
According to the application guide, you have to apply online. If you can't apply online, you can require accommodations, but you need a valid reason to request it.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail

Reactions: KaZRa