+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
Let me ask, I received an email to submit my photo and attach it to my permanent residence card. How long do I have to wait if I submit it again? Thanks

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.
In that Email at the end it should be written that if you are in Canada you do not need to submit your passport, you will do the virtual Landing please send the webform within 5 days with the following details.
please check your email again read it and send accordingly.

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
In that Email at the end it should be written that if you are in Canada you do not need to submit your passport, you will do the virtual Landing please send the webform within 5 days with the following details.
Yeah, thank you. Most people said the same but I checked thoroughly and ours didn't state that. Anyway

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS 
If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.

Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address: CPCO – PR VISA Passports Submission PO Box 9780 Ottawa ON K1G 6T2

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
That's weird i will share my email with you.
B) If you are currently in Canada:

You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Noureddine2022

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Hey guys …. Please help me out what should I do .
Iam planing to apply PR on spousal sponsorship. We are getting married next month .
and I am in Montreal QC right now .
i am confused that should I apply my file within Quebec or should I move to other province. on website it says in QC time line is 25 months and in other provinces is 10 months .
but some of my friends who applied last year here in QC got their PR in 8-11 months.
Should I stay here or move please guide
right now its 33 months , applicant which country from ?

Reactions: Justme221

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
Hey Folks,

Thank you.
We are in similar situation, was asked to submit to CPC Ottawa. Have you submitted yet?

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
There is this new trend of people being asked to submit passport to CPC Ottawa for their spousal PR. Please who has used this form of submission and how did it go?

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
We have not yet submitted but will be doing that on Monday. Did you get any update as to it being received by the CPC office?

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
We have not yet submitted but will be doing that on Monday. Did you get any update as to it being received by the CPC office?
We submitted on Wednesday. We haven't gotten an acknowledgement yet but we know it has been delivered from the Canada post tracking number.

Besides, the PR tracker was already showing that the passport we sent was received before we even sent the passport so I don't know what to expect.

The COPR details are showing on the PR tracker as well.

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
The PR tracker showing receiving of passport is just a generic message that appears when they send the passport request. It is same for me so ignore. We also have COPR details showing on tracker before we received PPR. Let's keep hoping passports are returned soon from there.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Yes we have. Have you?
Don't you have to do the Virtual Landing? While in Canada. My husband is also in Canada and LVO said we will get an email from their Canada colleagues to follow the virtual landing process. I am so confuse. And if they ask us to submit the passport do we have to re-enter Canada?

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone, My spouse's outland application received pre-arrival in August 2023. But we still havent received PPR. The background is still 'in progress'. Is it normal? It's 3 months since we received pre-arrival.... Anyone? Thank you!