+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone, My spouse's outland application received pre-arrival in August 2023. But we still havent received PPR. The background is still 'in progress'. Is it normal? It's 3 months since we received pre-arrival.... Anyone? Thank you!
Yes, it's normal. Pre-arrival has no direct relation as to when you'll get your PPR. Some receive pre-arrival few days before PPR, other get it one year+ before actual PPR.

Gurjee

Star Member
Aug 22, 2023
Hi ,
Just received invitation to Pre Arrival services today.
Do you know what will be the next step . Will it be a Portal request how we get here in Canada or straight passport request.
I hope you should hear something good soon.
Hi did you got PPR ?

abkg1998

Star Member
Sep 25, 2023
Applied: July 15, 2023
AOR: September 18th,
Biometric Letter: September 25th,
BG updated to N/A: September 25th,
Additional Documents Letter: September 25th,
Additional Documencts Letter Updated and Status Changed to:
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Medical Letter: September 26th,
Background and Eligibilty started to proccess: September 26th,
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter: September 27th
Sponsorship Eligibilty Passed Letter Received: October 4th
Background Check Updated to Not Applicable: October 4th
Medical Exam Done: October 9th
Pre-Arrival Letter: November 14th

How long does it takes to get passport request approx?

Reactions: Home_13579

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: karankoma22

danger52

Nov 15, 2023
Hello, and thank you so much for putting this together as well as for other community members for keeping this updated and answering questions.

Background: My spouse to be is of Indian nationality but are currently studying in Europe. Their university issues visa for the semester and renews. She is graduating and her Visa will expire in February. "Standard Process" is for her to then get another 1 year extension via a "job search visa"; she is saying that there is no chance for this extension to be rejected. Alternatively, she can get 2 year work Visas.

If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

Questions:
  1. Would it be faster (and will it be considerable) her to get approval from Europe or India? I imagine a lot more people apply from India.
  2. Is it safer for to apply from India given the [European] Visa extension process.
  3. Where/when do I get to pick which location the visa office will be processed from?
  4. The link to check processing time is expired, is there a newer link I can check

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor.
Question:
  1. Do I need to apply to be a Sponsor before even doing the Visa process for my spouse to be?
  2. What are somethings that I can start working on/filling out/putting together before my marriage next month to make best use of the time?

Last edited:

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello, and thank you so much for putting this together as well as for other community members for keeping this updated and answering questions.

Background: My spouse to be is of Indian nationality but are currently studying in Europe. Their university issues visa for the semester and renews. She is graduating and her Visa will expire in February. "Standard Process" is for her to then get another 1 year extension via a "job search visa"; she is saying that there is no chance for this extension to be rejected. Alternatively, she can get 2 year work Visas.

Questions:
  1. Would it be faster (and will it be considerable) her to get approval from Europe or India? I imagine a lot more people apply from India.
  2. Is it safer for to apply from India given the Visa extension process.
  3. Where/when do I get to pick which location the visa office will be processed from?
  4. The link to check processing time is expired, is there a newer link I can check

Question:
  1. Do I need to apply to be a Sponsor before even doing the Visa process for my spouse to be?
  2. What are somethings that I can start working on/filling out/putting together before my marriage next month to make best use of the time?
You are quoting a very old post. Some of the information is outdated. You cannot choose which office will do the processing; you do not send anything to Mississauga. You apply online and the application will be routed accordingly to IRCC procedures. You have no options here.

Now your questions:
1.Most likely she will be processed by India VO (if outland). I would worry much about the speed as India is one of the fastest. Even with the latest political situation. IMO.
2. You can apply from whatever location, it won't change much in my opinion except maybe considering an inland application.
3. Not possible. Outdated information.
4. Google is your friend, but here it is: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

second part:
1. The question is unclear. There is no separate sponsor application. And you can apply either inland (your wife must live with you in Canada) or outland (she can live anywhere else). You can try to apply for her to get a simple tourist visa and then apply for PR so it will be an inland application. It's usually faster,and in that case will probably be processed by the VO in Canada.
2. You have to understand what class it will be, as most forms are now online but before you'll get an access to those, you must specify which application class it is (in Canada or family class (outland)).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Questions:
  2. Is it safer for to apply from India given the [European] Visa extension process.

Question:
1. Centralized app now, IRCC will decide where to process.
2. Centralized app now.
3. You can choose where to receive the visa when finalized, and als0o where to do biometrics and medical, but otherwise - IRCC decides.

---
1. Application is together.
2. Start filling out forms, that will make it clear what you need and what you need to do.

Anna21104

Nov 16, 2023
Hello,

I need advise - I am a PR holder in Canada. I am planning to marry someone who was once a refugee claimant in canada but he had to withdraw due to change in his conditions back in his country. My partner and I are now planning to get married after being in a relationship for 2 years. My question is would there be an issue if i file him under spousal visa sponsorship as he was a refugee claimant in 2022 ( Applied in Feb - Withdrawn in Oct and left canada).

He had to withdraw his claim due to economic conditions. Can someone please enlighten me on the process ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
  1. Approximately how much time later can we expect to get the biometric request?
  2. Although this email is not the AOR email but can we consider we are past the point of AOR since this email has application number starting with an 'F' and also UCI number. This UCI number is different from my UCI number (sponsors UCI).
  3. Big question: Is it now advisable to submit TRV application for my wife?
1. I believe, but not certain, you can simply take the biometric fee payment receipt, go to a VFS (or other biometric-taking place) and show that. They'll need your spouse's UCI# (not yours). You could call VFS to ask.

2. Yes, you can consider this is same as AOR.

3. I don't know.

Reactions: qwertyguy

Anna21104

Nov 16, 2023
Hello,

I need advise - I am a PR holder in Canada. I am planning to marry someone who was once a refugee claimant in canada but he had to withdraw due to change in his conditions back in his country. My partner and I are now planning to get married after being in a relationship for 2 years. My question is would there be an issue if i file him under spousal visa sponsorship as he was a refugee claimant in 2022 ( Applied in Feb - Withdrawn in Oct and left canada).

He had to withdraw his claim due to economic conditions. Can someone please enlighten me on the process ?