28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Members
I am a Canadian PR holders since Dec 2019, did my landing in Jan 2020 & returned to my home country shortly thereafter.

I got married in Feb of 2020 on my return, currently my spouse wants to apply for a visitor visa to assist a cousin during her medical illness.
I am not in Canada & haven't been since my return from Jan 2020, will IRCC approve of her visa under compassionate grounds??
Most likely not since she is not an immediate or extended relative. However she can certainly try.

Pescado21

Feb 28, 2021
Appreciate your detailed response and sharing your own experience. Did you translate all your messages ? If no, How many pages of your translated messages did you send with your application ?

When I export our chats, I will have more than 100 pages in PDF. I am ready to pay for it. However, the requirement says maximum 10 pages with your application. This is where I am getting confused.
I only did like 3 pages worth of screenshots for whatsapp messages. I did another 3 pages of emails and I did another 2 pages showing my call history. That is more than enough to show constant contact.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Appreciate your detailed response and sharing your own experience. Did you translate all your messages ? If no, How many pages of your translated messages did you send with your application ?

When I export our chats, I will have more than 100 pages in PDF. I am ready to pay for it. However, the requirement says maximum 10 pages with your application. This is where I am getting confused.
Put everything in....if they gets it and they don't like it let them throw it away and let's see....add all before they ask for it later....these people are not consistent. They can say anything at anytime

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Put everything in....if they gets it and they don't like it let them throw it away and let's see....add all before they ask for it later....these people are not consistent. They can say anything at anytime
Terrible advice. If you can't pick ten pages of communications from 100, get help. Burying them in a Russian novel won't do the trick, and just a waste of money and time (esp if translations needed).

Quality over quantity. Provide what they ask for and more only if critical to making your case.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricky.lambton

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Terrible advice. If you can't pick ten pages of communications from 100, get help. Burying them in a Russian novel won't do the trick, and just a waste of money and time (esp if translations needed).

Quality over quantity. Provide what they ask for and more only if critical to making your case.
Well, that will be in your case but If it were to be me, like I would send IRCC as many documents even more than the 100 pages and foot the bill to justify my inclusion....Just so you know!! If IRCC ask for 100 pages, I will give them 180!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

And to add to this, quality over quantity and only if critical you said....if you wait for IRCC to ask for additional documents it brings delays as well....so why don't you do everything once to avoid the long awaiting period....I'm a proactive man though.....I can't be reactive in life.....Proactive

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, that will be in your case but If it were to be me, like I would send IRCC as many documents even more than the 100 pages and foot the bill to justify my inclusion....Just so you know!! If IRCC ask for 100 pages, I will give them 180!!
If you provide 100 pages of chats and communications, it almost certainly will take longer than if you select carefully what to include and provide just ten.

Officers are humans - they see your 800-page file of mostly irrelevant stuff, they won't even wnat to pick it up.

Reactions: cjr

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
If you provide 100 pages of chats and communications, it almost certainly will take longer than if you select carefully what to include and provide just ten.

Officers are humans - they see your 800-page file of mostly irrelevant stuff, they won't even wnat to pick it up.
I'm applying for job with IRCC to do these kind of jobs....I love evidence and more clarifications.....You see why the fingers are not equal or the same....One man's meat is what another man abhors....Has processing officers ever spoken or written any news about too much documents or you are their spokesperson on matters like this.....? Just curious!!

Reactions: anniegreat

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Thank you all for the replies. I have paid Right to PR and biometrics fee in advance.

1 more question and I would be grateful if someone can answer it :

I will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship PR in 1st week of October. I am currently in Canada while my Wife is in India. My parents and wife is planning to travel to Dubai for Christmas / New Year celebrations. Can I join them or because I have applied for the PR, I need to stay it Canada ? The trip will be of 1 week or so in length.

Thanks!

BUGSIE91

Mar 18, 2018
Thank you all for the replies. I have paid Right to PR and biometrics fee in advance.

1 more question and I would be grateful if someone can answer it :

I will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship PR in 1st week of October. I am currently in Canada while my Wife is in India. My parents and wife is planning to travel to Dubai for Christmas / New Year celebrations. Can I join them or because I have applied for the PR, I need to stay it Canada ? The trip will be of 1 week or so in length.

Thanks!
I don't think it will be a problem. Not familiar with this situation though. I am in the same boat as you and I will also be traveling. From what I have read, you should be fine if the trip is not too long (meaning you still have a job in Canada) or you've been approved as sponsor and your permanent address doesn't move out of Canada. Let's see what others say as well.

kaur1172

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Peeps,

I am looking for a little help from Canada visa forum community on my case. Right now I am applying for my husband's application in Sponsoring spouse within Canada.
We were dating since Sept 2019 and started living together in Aug 2020. Then we got married in May 2021.

He holds an international student visa. and got a study permit renewed twice. The most recent study permit was renewed in Dec 2020.
But did not attend school this time.

I am working on his Open work Permit application. On the Document CheckList imm 5556, Am I supposed to check the box saying
"If You a Student" Provide proof of your academic standing: letter from the institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study.
OR
could I provide. "Letter of completion" of his previous program which was completed in Jun 2020.

Skybrow

Apr 28, 2021
Hello,
I am new to this forum. do have link to start application of spouse sponsorship?
i read that i need to apply to become sponsor first. is this a separate application?