February 2020 transferred to etobicoke IRCC
September 24,2021 spousal interview me and my husband
September 25 2021 PPR

• Wow
Reactions: akriti91

Pescado21

Feb 28, 2021
Hi members,
I am looking at the document checklist (IMM5533), Proof of relationship to sponsor.
Proof of contact: Provide letter,printed text messages.... etc, etc. You must provide certified translations in Either English or French of all proof of contact documents that are not already in english or French.

Am I supposed to provide certified translation of our exchanged messages in WhatsApp or any other messanger ?
Did anyone send exchanged messages in the origianl language without any translation ?

Thanks in advance.
It clearly states in English or French so any other language and you will need to have it translated by a certified translator. I had to get my messages and emails translated so I just screenshot the messages and sent those to the translator who then did the translation and provided me with the cover page and stamped translations which I put in my package along with the originals. It sucks and it's costly but nothing about sponsorship is free and the more you have everything at the beginning the faster it will be because they will likely send your application back if it's missing something, or they'll send you an ADR in which will slow down your processing because it adds an extra step.

May 17, 2021
Waiting for my Spousal application to be processed. I got the Pre arrival letter 2 days ago (Submitted application on March 23 2021 with PCC and finished medicals and biometrics as well). The ECAS portal says the application for PR is in process. Does anyone know what the pandemic processing time is for applications after receiving the Pre arrival email?

Thanks in advance
What Visa office?

Belwin Thomas

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I Have applied for a Spousal application I got the Pre-arrival mail on July 13th, Can anyone help me to understand how long does it take to get a passport submission request (timeline) or any other process is left over.

Receiving a pre-arrival request what does it mean? Any chances application can get rejected.? Does it mean the application process is in the final stage?

Application Received: January 8th, 2021
Started processing: May 10, 2021
Pre-Arrival letter: July 13, 2021

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
I Have applied for a Spousal application I got the Pre-arrival mail on July 13th, Can anyone help me to understand how long does it take to get a passport submission request (timeline) or any other process is left over.

Receiving a pre-arrival request what does it mean? Any chances application can get rejected.? Does it mean the application process is in the final stage?

Application Received: January 8th, 2021
Started processing: May 10, 2021
Pre-Arrival letter: July 13, 2021
hang in there

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Is everyone paying the right of permanent residence fee ($500) in advance while submitting the application or paying at a later stage ?

frange

May 25, 2018
Is everyone paying the right of permanent residence fee ($500) in advance while submitting the application or paying at a later stage ?
No, I did not. No need to pay in full if you don't want to but I did it after receiving the temporary number (XF-AOR) just to avoid delay. I did that even for biometrics.

Paying in full does not accelerate the process. A contrario, delay payment can delay the process.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sharing our timeline inland applicant
June 2019 application recieve at CPC-M
September 2019 start processing
February 2020 transferred to etobicoke IRCC
September 24,2021 spousal interview me and my husband
September 25 2021 PPR
This is so ridiculous...frustrating and delaying peoples lives for nothing....Almost 3 years. JEEZ

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
Hello, I'm in big confusion as I'm preparing to sponsor my wife from Russia, hear my story :
We met in 2018 during world Cup after that we continue to talk in Skype for one year, and then by late 2019 she made me visa invitation to Russia but i was rejected due to some administrative issues, then by beginning of 2020 i immigrate to Canada (from Algeria) and made her invitation to come to me in middle of pandemic, her visa got rejected by IRCC after 8 months of waiting time, then we decided to meet in Turkey since Russian borders was closed to Canadian, in Turkey we got married and i traveled with her in Russia to meet her family using Euro 2020 fan ID as visa, but now i read that marrying from first meeting is a red flag, I'm in big confusion, i want to bring her ASAP especially she's already pregnant, it's better to apply for sponsorship now or make another trip to her ? Thank you so much

vb02

Sep 27, 2021
Hello Members
I am a Canadian PR holders since Dec 2019, did my landing in Jan 2020 & returned to my home country shortly thereafter.

I got married in Feb of 2020 on my return, currently my spouse wants to apply for a visitor visa to assist a cousin during her medical illness.
I am not in Canada & haven't been since my return from Jan 2020, will IRCC approve of her visa under compassionate grounds??

Izzatullo

Sep 26, 2021
It clearly states in English or French so any other language and you will need to have it translated by a certified translator. I had to get my messages and emails translated so I just screenshot the messages and sent those to the translator who then did the translation and provided me with the cover page and stamped translations which I put in my package along with the originals. It sucks and it's costly but nothing about sponsorship is free and the more you have everything at the beginning the faster it will be because they will likely send your application back if it's missing something, or they'll send you an ADR in which will slow down your processing because it adds an extra step.
Appreciate your detailed response and sharing your own experience. Did you translate all your messages ? If no, How many pages of your translated messages did you send with your application ?

When I export our chats, I will have more than 100 pages in PDF. I am ready to pay for it. However, the requirement says maximum 10 pages with your application. This is where I am getting confused.

Last edited:

Mino0021

Sep 15, 2021
Hi,
Let us know your timeline....
They received my application on Apr 28/2020, biometrics were done on Dec/2020, pre-Arrival letter was received on Jul/2021, medical done on Aug/2021 and status changed to Decision Made on Sep 13/2021