Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I’m on PGWP right now and I just asked a immigration service to help me send my spouse open work permit a couple days ago. I’m just really worried that they return my application back in last minutes and I have to wait another 6 months for my AOR without working.
You have many options ...you can apply for visitors visa, study permit and the spouse work permit before your PGWP expires....just that you have to have money to be able to apply or go to school just in case and as soon as you get your approval then you can quit the school

Last edited:

Allen95

Sep 21, 2021
You have many options ...you can apply for visitors visa, study permit and the spouse work permit before your PGWP expires....just that you have to have money to be able to apply or go to school just in case and as soon as you get your approval then you can quit the school
Thank you! Also I still really confuse about what happened if my package get return. Do I have chance to fix it so they can process right away? Or I have to start all over again from beginning? Like wait another 6 or 7 months just get my AOR?

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone
I made a big mistake I think.
In form 5406 - additional family information, I wrote names only in English. The heading says that I need to write this in English as well as native language. I referred my friend's form and he did the same & his file was approved.

Can I do anything to update the form or will my file be returned ? I applied for paper based and file has reached sydney office 2 days ago.. :(

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you! Also I still really confuse about what happened if my package get return. Do I have chance to fix it so they can process right away? Or I have to start all over again from beginning? Like wait another 6 or 7 months just get my AOR?
They will show what you did wrong and just print that form alone out and fix it and send it back to them. You can't give anything to them again because you don't have a file number to add or correct the mistake you made for them to search and add...so they will always return a file with mistakes...sorry

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone
I made a big mistake I think.
In form 5406 - additional family information, I wrote names only in English. The heading says that I need to write this in English as well as native language. I referred my friend's form and he did the same & his file was approved.

Can I do anything to update the form or will my file be returned ? I applied for paper based and file has reached sydney office 2 days ago.. :(
It depends ....it can work for someone but someone will have to redo them again

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
By redo, you meant they will return the file and I need.to send it again ?
Yes....that is what you will do....you will waste money again and post it....And the funny thing about IRCC is when you send it by express by they will send it via ordinary mail and it will take forever to reach you....

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Yes....that is what you will do....you will waste money again and post it....And the funny thing about IRCC is when you send it by express by they will send it via ordinary mail and it will take forever to reach you....
Damn. Just wait for that then.. Is it possible to link application online at this time? also, is it possible to raise the webform ?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Damn. Just wait for that then.. Is it possible to link application online at this time? also, is it possible to raise the webform ?
If you have a temporary or main number you could but other than that they won't see any file # to associate your questions to or with

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
If you are PR and want to sponsor and for it to work...you got to be in the country throughout the sponsorship period....If he's staying for more than 2 week that is a red flag but he can still go on but for a short time not more than 2 weeks....He's free to go anywhere but with limited time as far as sponsorship is involved and also to maintain the PR conditions...This is Canada..lol
Hi, Is this time limit of 2 weeks documented anywhere? Can you share your source for this information? I don't see this documented anywhere. Citizenship is a different topic so am not concerned about it as the residency requirement is over a period of 5 years.

BUGSIE91

Mar 18, 2018
Waiting for my Spousal application to be processed. I got the Pre arrival letter 2 days ago (Submitted application on March 23 2021 with PCC and finished medicals and biometrics as well). The ECAS portal says the application for PR is in process. Does anyone know what the pandemic processing time is for applications after receiving the Pre arrival email?

Thanks in advance

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I am confused about something in my process, would appreciate it if someone could clarify: we never received an AOR2, but have a DM. I wonder if it's because AOR2 is optional and isn't always sent, or it's an indicator that my documents have not reached the visa office yet. We have the ECAS line 2, "we started processing" since mid-July (is that the visa office or the office in Canada?), have a pre-arrival letter, medical and biometrics are both completed.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I am confused about something in my process, would appreciate it if someone could clarify: we never received an AOR2, but have a DM. I wonder if it's because AOR2 is optional and isn't always sent, or it's an indicator that my documents have not reached the visa office yet. We have the ECAS line 2, "we started processing" since mid-July (is that the visa office or the office in Canada?), have a pre-arrival letter, medical and biometrics are both completed.
not all offices send an AOR, you are doing ok

Reactions: Scarpetta