+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Joeykayyy

Aug 16, 2021
You see IRCC can do just anything. They don't have one format....They can change their mind anytime and do stuffs. Usually, you make the payment first and the main thing follows. Call them and ask when do they want you to do the biometrics since you've paid and you must also wait for them to send you instructionsnote or letter first to do the biometrics before you can proceed. Until then, you got wait.....And they will tell you as to when since it's their decision when you will be called and as part of the process, you got to pay for the biometrics and do it when they call you if you've not done any in the last 10 years...Just be patient also and hear what they shall say unto you by calling or webforming them....hope that helps?
Yeah it’s helps and makes a lot of sense …well after I paid the biometrics fee they instructed me I did my police clearance then after they sent another mail to do my medicals ..then I saw it in my online tool account that medical results received …and it’s been three months now …heard nothing since then does mean I passed my medicals? ..being trying to link my Gckey account but it doesn’t work ..I emailed Accra visa office since I knew now my application was there and was told my application is still in a queue for review ..what does that also mean ..is it good news or more delays ..assist your brother with this info wai..I’m a Ghana man and you know we can’t be too away from our wives ..lol..

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yeah it’s helps and makes a lot of sense …well after I paid the biometrics fee they instructed me I did my police clearance then after they sent another mail to do my medicals ..then I saw it in my online tool account that medical results received …and it’s been three months now …heard nothing since then does mean I passed my medicals? ..being trying to link my Gckey account but it doesn’t work ..I emailed Accra visa office since I knew now my application was there and was told my application is still in a queue for review ..what does that also mean ..is it good news or more delays ..assist your brother with this info wai..I’m a Ghana man and you know we can’t be too away from our wives ..lol..
I think you should relax....you are going through the normal process....I you are in queue for review it's about your eligibility check and everyone has to go through that. I think you should read this so you understand the mess and what's happening right now....
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/08/01/canada-faces-a-staggering-immigration-backlog-with-the-border-reopening-and-applicants-anxious-to-get-here-how-should-ottawa-prioritize.html

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Any idea how long its take to get ppr DM on 12 sep
Vo Ottawa
The thing is between 12 month from start to finish but if folks are getting it more than 12 month then anything is possible

anniegreat

Jul 26, 2021
Hi everyone, your response will be appreciated
..medical already passed since July , RPRF paid same day of request July and it was acknowledged since then not heard from them so I emailed them and they responded saying your application is currently under review, we would contact you if we need any information , please what does it implies , thank you

Last edited:

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Here you go aside the pictures and extra documents you must provide...

Here’s how to get all the forms you need:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Here’s the list :
IMM5533 – checklist
IMM1344 – Sponsor appl.
IMM0008 – PR appl.
IMM5406 – family details ( for your spouse)
eIMM5669 – Background details (for your spouse – note this form is different from the IMM5669 you likely filed on the H&C)
IMM5532 – relationship details
IMM5562 – travel history (for your spouse)
IMM5546 – military service (only if she did any army service)

Cheers
IMM5533 is for spouses (married), isn't it? Common law checklist is called IMM5589, and @Janet A had inquired about common law. That's what I submitted when doing mine. Just thought I'd mention this very important difference that could potentially get her application returned.

Reactions: Janet A

chattha-ukc

Aug 9, 2021
Dear members, Kindly help/assist.

App rec-13 Jan 2021
Aor-1, Bio 31st march
SA-1st April (mentioned transferred to LVO)
ADR PCC 2nd April submitted
After this till today not heard or seen any email or request.

GC-key shows background check started from day 1 I linked my acount.

I don't know do I miss medical or any other email bcoz I haven't got any news or request from them or if my file is normal.

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
IMM5533 is for spouses (married), isn't it? Common law checklist is called IMM5589, and @Janet A had inquired about common law. That's what I submitted when doing mine. Just thought I'd mention this very important difference that could potentially get her application returned.
Yes I spotted out the difference, thank you for the correction.

Reactions: bigdaycoming

Allen95

Sep 21, 2021
Please help if anyone know. My Canadian girlfriend sponsor me through family class common-law partner and we sent our application in April,2021. The application received in April 12 and we got our temporary AOR in May 16. I know some people who applied in March are starting get their official AOR and it’s been almost five and half months since they received my application. So my question is any possible that my application will still get send back or I’m in pretty safe zone? My three years work permit will expire in mid of November this year and if my package get return, I’ll lose my job and won’t able to support myself and my partner. So I’m just really frustrating everyday. Anyone know anything about it? Thank you.

kausarali

Dec 25, 2018
If a child is born outside Canada to a PR father while the wife's application is post Pre-arrival stage and sponsor has already received the sponsor eligibility check, can the sponsor go on paternity leave outside Canada or the sponsor has to be inside Canada while adding the newborn as a dependent to spousal application ?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please help if anyone know. My Canadian girlfriend sponsor me through family class common-law partner and we sent our application in April,2021. The application received in April 12 and we got our temporary AOR in May 16. I know some people who applied in March are starting get their official AOR and it’s been almost five and half months since they received my application. So my question is any possible that my application will still get send back or I’m in pretty safe zone? My three years work permit will expire in mid of November this year and if my package get return, I’ll lose my job and won’t able to support myself and my partner. So I’m just really frustrating everyday. Anyone know anything about it? Thank you.
Are you on PGWP or spousal open work permit now? If the later applies, you can extend it your spousal open work permit and relax ....until they make a decision!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
If a child is born outside Canada to a PR father while the wife's application is post Pre-arrival stage and sponsor has already received the sponsor eligibility check, can the sponsor go on paternity leave outside Canada or the sponsor has to be inside Canada while adding the newborn as a dependent to spousal application ?
If you are PR and want to sponsor and for it to work...you got to be in the country throughout the sponsorship period....If he's staying for more than 2 week that is a red flag but he can still go on but for a short time not more than 2 weeks....He's free to go anywhere but with limited time as far as sponsorship is involved and also to maintain the PR conditions...This is Canada..lol

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Linking up the application just use number 2 when when instead of 1. Your blood test has passed. Application in queue could mean many things...either review of your eligibility to know if you qualify or an officer is been instructed to check some information on your file. It's a 12 month period so anything is possible...Just be patient

Allen95

Sep 21, 2021
Are you on PGWP or spousal open work permit now? If the later applies, you can extend it your spousal open work permit and relax ....until they make a decision!
I’m on PGWP right now and I just asked a immigration service to help me send my spouse open work permit a couple days ago. I’m just really worried that they return my application back in last minutes and I have to wait another 6 months for my AOR without working.