canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,
I am new here and hoping you guys could help.

I have applied for TRV to visit my husband who is PR holder. Though I am waiting on result of same, I have started collecting docs for my PR.
Pls advise, if I will be required to give biometrics again as I have already done that for TRV.

note: TRV was applied from different cic account, will be applying for PR from husband's cic account (does this change things)
Your biometric stays the same for 10 years and the UCI number you got under TRV will be activated for your PR application because the system have your information and knows you already.....It happened with my wife when she applied as well!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,
I am new here and hoping you guys could help.

I have applied for TRV to visit my husband who is PR holder. Though I am waiting on result of same, I have started collecting docs for my PR.
Pls advise, if I will be required to give biometrics again as I have already done that for TRV.

note: TRV was applied from different cic account, will be applying for PR from husband's cic account (does this change things)
But I would advice you guys apply for the PR as quickly as possible as to me TRV will be useless and they are not approving it fast until 9 months and not sure where your country is though and the PR is 12 month roughly so why wasting time on something temporary when you qualify for something permanent or could go for something permanently? Just wondering!!

Reactions: S15

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I have a situation: got the PPR today while visiting my parents in another country. My documents are processes in the UK visa office, and my residence address is also currently in the UK. I was planning to spend more time with my parents, so I am wondering if it would be acceptable to return courier my passport to the UK. The photos will also be taken locally and will have the local photographer's studio address.
I don't want the IRCC to think I no longer reside in the UK and didn't notify them of the change (cause that's not the case), but I also don't want to cut my time with my parents short unless I really have to.
Is this a risk or is that something that people do?

S15

Sep 11, 2021
But I would advice you guys apply for the PR as quickly as possible as to me TRV will be useless and they are not approving it fast until 9 months and not sure where your country is though and the PR is 12 month roughly so why wasting time on something temporary when you qualify for something permanent or could go for something permanently? Just wondering!!
right..will go for PR ASAP.. thnk u!

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
If I apply for PGP sponsorship for one of my parent, will I then be able to apply for the spousal sponsorship? What would be the different requirements at that time?

S15

Sep 11, 2021
1. If TRV is under process can we simultaneously apply for PR ?
2. If not, after submitting PR application, how much time do we need to wait file for TRV under dual intent ?

Pls advise. TIA

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
1. If TRV is under process can we simultaneously apply for PR ?
2. If not, after submitting PR application, how much time do we need to wait file for TRV under dual intent ?

Pls advise. TIA
You can apply as many applications at a time....so go ahead and apply

Reactions: S15

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
Hello, please i'm about to apply soon, would it be better to apply via mail or through new electronic portal ?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, please i'm about to apply soon, would it be better to apply via mail or through new electronic portal ?
whichever way you choose that deem fit would be great....The new system would pretty much save time and energy from the hustles of mailing and later when application don't go well ircc will have to send it back again and you have to send it on and on

Last edited:
Reactions: medkarim

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
whichever way you choose that deem fit would be great....The new system would pretty much save time and energy from the hustles of mailing and later when application don't go well ircc will have to send it back again an dyou have to send it on and on
Thank you so much , i appreciate it

S15

Sep 11, 2021
whichever way you choose that deem fit would be great....The new system would pretty much save time and energy from the hustles of mailing and later when application don't go well ircc will have to send it back again an dyou have to send it on and on
pls share link to the online portal for PR