+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can I apply for visiting visa for my wife before the spousal PR process. What will be the approval rate for it? I'm a Canadian PR holder.
You can apply for trv for spouse. It won't harm the pr application.

No one can really say what approval rates are.

100% of those who don't apply don't get one.

Or as the old joke has it, fifty-fifty, you either get it or you don't.

Reactions: LeaAmbrose

grykrvtz

Jul 26, 2021
Hi. We submitted our Permanent Visa application: Sponsor Canadian Citizen living in Canada > Spouse living outside Canada (Philippines) online and application received date is December 2020. Until now there is no update other than 'In Process'.

If you check the time line listed on the government site, it says 12 mos. We understand that there would be some delays given the global pandemic. However, here is also a link from the government site that says:

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
September 29 and October 5, 2019
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it."

Does this mean that there is a huge backlog of permanent visa applications, if they are just processing applications from September 29- October 5, 2019? I was wondering if there are members here with the same application date as we are and have you guys gotten any updates? Appreciate the reply. Thanks!

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
There are really no tips for avoiding this. The only thing he can do is be prepared to explain any H&C reasons for having failed to meet RO if he is questioned at the border and it looks like CBSA may report him. Suggest you read through the posts on this topic in the PR Obligation section of the forum.
Thanks @scylla for help !!

appreciate it

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
September 29 and October 5, 2019
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it."

Does this mean that there is a huge backlog of permanent visa applications, if they are just processing applications from September 29- October 5, 2019? I was wondering if there are members here with the same application date as we are and have you guys gotten any updates? Appreciate the reply. Thanks!
They continue to work on files before and after that date, more recent ones (since covid lockdowns lifted) seem to be going more quickly.

The "finalizing most applications" seems to be using IRCC term for when ~80% of apps are complete. They are catching up on the backlog although not as quickly as everyone would like.

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Can someone direct me to "residency requirements for PA " for OUTLAND spouse sponsorship according to IRPA ?

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
They continue to work on files before and after that date, more recent ones (since covid lockdowns lifted) seem to be going more quickly.

The "finalizing most applications" seems to be using IRCC term for when ~80% of apps are complete. They are catching up on the backlog although not as quickly as everyone would like.
If people from 2019 are still waiting i.e, before COVID.. be prepared to stay without family and kids for >2 years.. Permanent residency matters..

medkarim

Jun 22, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
19-01-2020
Hello i'm Canadian PR, i just made a sponsorship application for my wife and now I'm about to make TRV for her, do i need to include past 6 months bank statement in her TRV application ? thank you

Shenmarie

Jul 21, 2021
Hello, I'm about to submit sponsorship application for my wife, she did visitor visa request in 2020 and therefore she submitted her biometrics and got letter stating that her biometrics are valid for 10 years, but now when i search for her biometrics on IRCC website i couldn't find it, shall i pay again for her biometrics or submit letter as proof that biometrics are valid for 10 years? Thank you

I think its automatically reflect on their information, and they only send SPOUSAL APPROVAL and MEDICAL REQUEST

Reactions: medkarim

Shenmarie

Jul 21, 2021
Hi! If anyone can help me please, I have a couple of questions regarding the additional documents that IRCC is asking us to submit. Please see below.

Spousal Application (January 2020)
PA is from the Philippines

1.Baptismal Certificate - Will it be an issue if this cannot be provided? Like for example they can't remember which church it was done.

2. Hospital/medical birth record - My husband was born at home by a midwife so no hospital record was done, that information is indicated on his birth certificate. What proof should we provide?

3. Old Passports- his old passport was taken back by the passport office when he renewed it. What proof should we provide?

4. IMM5669 (Education History) - if my husband was in 2 different schools during Highschool, should we have that information separated?

5. Medical - he has a valid medical (non-ede) for a trv application, can we use that for this? We have a copy of the e-medical and can provide that.

Hello pwede po yung mga TOR

• Love
Reactions: LJayme

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Was checking with an immigration consultant,was told the spousal sponsorship takes about 5-6 months now. Is this true? Have the timelines shortened?

Shenmarie

Jul 21, 2021
Was checking with an immigration consultant,was told the spousal sponsorship takes about 5-6 months now. Is this true? Have the timelines shortened?

Base on what I saw in other group page some take only three months but usually it depends on your processing VO