Spousal sponsorship

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. I used to be quite active here back then, and haven't posted in a while. Got two questions for my spousal sponsorship PR application. We got married back in April 2021 and we are about to submit her PR application by this weekend latest.
Q1) Her PGWP expires early March 2022. Would it be more recommended for her to submit her OWP together with the PR application? Or just apply for the OWP few weeks before the PGWP expiry?
Q2) She is interested in becoming a realtor here in BC. According to recbc.ca, the course offered would be flexible and self‐paced blending one. Would it be possible for her to take this course part-time while working once she got her OWP? Or does she need to wait for the PR landing first?
Thanks all in advance for your help here.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Federal Court grants mandamus, determines that IRCC did not sufficiently explain why COVID-19 caused a delay, and also finds that IRCC misled the applicant and the court about status of background checks. IRCC also ordered to pay the applicants $1,500

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/499923/index.do?fbclid=IwAR1kdEs-wDDUs9NpbnPWJoegTZOLIkOLmTQd3xkWj1MDhU7kPL-lvbifbYA
That judge was pretty blistering towards IRCC (and with good reason!). Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Federal Court grants mandamus, determines that IRCC did not sufficiently explain why COVID-19 caused a delay, and also finds that IRCC misled the applicant and the court about status of background checks. IRCC also ordered to pay the applicants $1,500

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/499923/index.do?fbclid=IwAR1kdEs-wDDUs9NpbnPWJoegTZOLIkOLmTQd3xkWj1MDhU7kPL-lvbifbYA
Wow am speechless, I pray it ends well for you big time. Stay safe and blessed

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Interesting reading although a very different case than most.

And for those excited about mandamus, don't get too excited: "That said, this Court has previously found a delay of two to three years or greater to be unreasonable." This is the delay part, or beyond normal processing time.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hi, Does anyone know if CEBA considers as social assistance? Here is the link to the program: https://ceba-cuec.ca/

I’m self employed, applied for this program sometime back. Wondering if there is going to be any impact on the spouse sponsorship application?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Is pre-arrival a good sign ? Does that mean my application staus will come to an end ?
It only means the genuineness of the relationship and no interview. But yup it is good sign they working on your file and hopefully in few days to say 3 months a final decision might have been made provided your medicals has been passed already. Stay hopeful.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
My wife (the sponsor) received today a letter that says « we are pleased to inform that you’ve met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor ».

So now I’ve to wait for my own eligibility ?!

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
My wife (the sponsor) received today a letter that says « we are pleased to inform that you’ve met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor ».

So now I’ve to wait for my own eligibility ?!
Wow meaning the process about start on your side now. Fingers crossed keep praying and best of luck. It would end well for sure.

Reddeer_1

Sep 24, 2020
Hi Guys, does anyone know what timeframe applications are being processed? It feels everything is all over the place. As per CIC website they finalising October 2019 files. Is that True ? Do I have wait another year as a Oct 2020 applicant ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys, does anyone know what timeframe applications are being processed? It feels everything is all over the place. As per CIC website they finalising October 2019 files. Is that True ? Do I have wait another year as a Oct 2020 applicant ?
Files are indeed processed in parallel, ignore this finalising 2019 files stuff, that's their measure of when 80% of files from then have been completed. If you look at other threads you'll see lots of files being worked on before and after october 2020, including being completed.

If you want to see timelines for more recent, check the tracker spreadsheeets. There are links in all the monthly inland/outland threads.

Reactions: Reddeer_1