Spousal sponsorship

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Would you mind telling what do you mean by spent 5 Christmas (years) alone?
1. Did you uploaded PCC via webform ? or sent by postal mail? or e-mailed? With TEMP file XF0000000?? OR without anything just names IDs DOB?
2...........I am alone (victim of MOC) here since long times so wrote 5 years, long story u may PM me so I can explain more , not here

Last edited:

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Can someone please help me out? I am an october 2019 outland applicant. All the requirements were met before the virus. Just medical was pending
Then i got an email ,on April 1st,that i am in queue for an interview. And i will get an email one month before the interview.
After that,i didnt get any response. I got medical instructions 5days ago and i completed same day.
Status shows: medical passed
95% complete ,19days remaining.
Whats happening,, can someone please help restore a little faith? Im tired now of this wait game

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All,

Here is my situation. My wife is a Canadian citizen. I am an IT professional living in the US on H1B visa. I recently got lay off due to covid19 pandemic and wont be bale to stay here. I need to leave the US in 60 days. I have decided to move to Canada. My wife used to work in Canada but after marriage she quit her job and moved to US with me. I already have valid Canada visiting visa.

So for my wife to sponsor PR for me in Canada

1. Can I apply for in land spousal sponsorship ?
2. Is she eligible to sponsor me? (she is a Canadian citizen but she is not employed / earning right now)
3. Will I get open work permit while the application is in processing ?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Make sure she’s met her RO
If not she has to meet it before she sponsors your

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can someone please help me out? I am an october 2019 outland applicant. All the requirements were met before the virus. Just medical was pending
Then i got an email ,on April 1st,that i am in queue for an interview. And i will get an email one month before the interview.
After that,i didnt get any response. I got medical instructions 5days ago and i completed same day.
Whats happening,, can someone please help restore a little faith? Im tired now of this wait game
You can raise a webform and ask. The issue has been (as far as anyone can see) that there have been very few interviews held, because of covid.

Govt just announced they will speed things up to 'finalize' more spousal sponsorships. Including online/internet interviews.

So hopefully will start moving and you will be contacted. But this is so recent that no-one knows.

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
You can raise a webform and ask. The issue has been (as far as anyone can see) that there have been very few interviews held, because of covid.

Govt just announced they will speed things up to 'finalize' more spousal sponsorships. Including online/internet interviews.

So hopefully will start moving and you will be contacted. But this is so recent that no-one knows.
Thank you

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
ALSO chances are that interview is waived due to pandemic after another review.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello there. Can someone please guide me . Before i ask a question,i will share my timeline.
App rec: 15/10/2019
Police clearance: 15/01/2020
Biometrics: 17/01/2020
AOR2: 10/02/2020
Additional doc: 10/02/2020

On 2nd april,i got an email stating that app under initial review and i am in queue for an interview. On 20th sept, i got medical requests. Application has 22days left to mark one year. Whats happening.. please help
Can you please tell what additional documents were asked?

needhelp6622

Sep 4, 2020
Guys, for this section, can we print our pictures (computer printer) and write at the back?

Or does it have to be on real picture paper (from the studio)?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Guys, for this section, can we print our pictures (computer printer) and write at the back?

Or does it have to be on real picture paper (from the studio)?

There is no HARD FAST rule for this. YOU can easily PRINT 4 pics on a big sheet, put notes below all of those. It is acceptable. Writing on FRONT is OK too, below each picture or even inside of each pic at the top /bottom all OK . They wanna know who is , when where etc..

Reactions: needhelp6622

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship. I am a PR in Canada. Is it okay to leave to India for 3 months to visit my spouse (Outland application, spouse living in India) after submitting all the documents from Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship. I am a PR in Canada. Is it okay to leave to India for 3 months to visit my spouse (Outland application, spouse living in India) after submitting all the documents from Canada?
Short form, no. The rule is a PR must be residing in Canada. It seems historically that visits abroad - weeks, less than a month - seem to be treated as just that, visits. Longer than that - IRCC can decide the PR is no longer resident and cancel the application. This does not mean that they always do so but they may.

Unfortunately, there are no publicly-known official guidelines on what test is applied to establish the difference between visiting abroad and residing abroad. You will / may hear of cases where PRs have left for longer periods and have not had a problem. But you cannot rely on that as some kind of precedent. You must also assume the government has access to entry/departure information.

So "is it okay?". No-one can stop you, but if you do leave for longer periods, you are running a risk of having application denied and starting your spousal sponsorship over.

Reactions: singleman

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Please let us up to date. I am also dec 2019 applicant after june i got no update. At least um getting hope after seeing your post