10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Congratulations! Can please tell where are they from? Whats there’s timeline
india but his application is over 2years, so its been a long time applied since 2018

Reactions: Sam.nanreh

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Application externe: moroccan canadian citizen husband in Vancouver, BC canada. Moroccan Spouse in Morocco.

1. application received on October 11, 2019.
  2. Sponsor approved Nov 26
  3. Spouse Biometric requested Nov 26
  4. Spouse medical requested on November 27, 2019
  5. Spouse Biometric and medical done Dec 4 & 5
  6. Spouse Medical results have been received by IRCC Dec 11
  7. File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Jan 7.
  8. Sept 10 : supplementary info needed: chat conversations, more pictures, proof of money transfers
  9. all info sent Sept 14 ... we are still waiting to see what will happen soon

IRCC website showing 12 days left to reach the one year mark!
Mine shows 17days. I sent them a webform just now. Really hoping to unite with my husband. Wish you luck.

needhelp6622

Sep 4, 2020
Dumb question guys, I am the sponsor (PR in Canada), will be sponsoring my future wife (non PR living outside Canada).

1. In the IRCC website, who must open an account and start the application, Me or Her? (I already have a 5 year account though).

2. Principal applicant in this case is the future wife, correct?

-------------------

3. What is the meaning of "certified translations" (of text messages/ chats)?
Is it through an attorney (we bring screenshots of messages and attorney translates it)? Who translates this and verifies this?

Galisha

Jun 29, 2018
Are we still recieveing spouse approval email its been a week i can see decision made under sponsorship approval but haven’t received any email about this checked junk mail as well. If someone can please let me know about this

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Dumb question guys, I am the sponsor (PR in Canada), will be sponsoring my future wife (non PR living outside Canada).

1. In the IRCC website, who must open an account and start the application, Me or Her? (I already have a 5 year account though).

2. Principal applicant in this case is the future wife, correct?

-------------------

3. What is the meaning of "certified translations" (of text messages/ chats)?
Is it through an attorney (we bring screenshots of messages and attorney translates it)? Who translates this and verifies this?
I thought one can apply only on paper for this, not line as you wrote; not clear. You don't need to open an account just to apply outland

NJB2021

Sep 28, 2020
Hello! I'm a dual citizen (US/Canadian) who's preparing to sponsor my wife and daughter. Our US passports were expired so we have applied for renewed ones plus one for my daughter. In the meantime, we're preparing everything for the sponsorship application so when the passports arrive we'll be ready to submit. Our Plan A is apply outland and get PR before moving to Canada. However, with the volatile situation here in the US, I'm also want to have a Plan B ready in case we need to leave sooner than later. We're working with an immigration lawyer who has said we could apply outland, then potentially come to Canada prior to the PR being complete. The only thing would be that my wife wouldn't be able to work until PR went through. My questions are, does that sound correct? And if so, would my wife and daughter be in the country on temporary visas and therefore still need to leave every 6 months until the PR went through? Also, I have a Canadian citizenship certificate but not a Canadian passport. Would a certificate and a US passport be sufficient? Thanks

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
What was the actual case? Just spouse from outland or both husband and wife got PR on the same time?
applied as outland, came to canada on visit visa but got stuck in canada due to the covid, update IRCC about the present location and got PR inland

Reactions: SKRPrince09

SuMo16

Sep 29, 2020
We are applying for outland spousal sponsorship from India.

1. The consultant based out of CA missed informing us that NOA was needed while sharing document list and gave a last min request. Since my husband filed taxes late for 2017/18 he is yet to get NOA (2018/19 was filed on time). Its been 8 weeks since we requested and CRA is yet to respond and neither are we able to access it online. Is there any way to expedite or escalate this?

2. We requested the consultant to put-in the application without NOA with an explanation letter and they mentioned that they are doing a paper-based application for us and it will not be possible to link later on - Also, mentioned only paper-based application is an option for spousal applications through consultants - IS THIS TRUE?

3. The consultant (NIREN ASSOCIATES) took 4 months to evaluate my documents and did nothing and on top of it didn't inform me proactively about documents. This too they informed after my follow-ups. I'm now apprehensive about how they will handle the entire job ? Is there anyway to revoke or take action or complaint? Or is this how Immigration consultants work ? Has anyone has any experience with NIREN ASSOCIATES with respect to Spousal Applications ?

We have been living separated for 2 years now :( and I'm looking for genuine help in these queries.

Regards,
SuMo16

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023

1. The consultant based out of CA missed informing us that NOA was needed while sharing document list and gave a last min request. Since my husband filed taxes late for 2017/18 he is yet to get NOA (2018/19 was filed on time). Its been 8 weeks since we requested and CRA is yet to respond and neither are we able to access it online. Is there any way to expedite or escalate this?

No there is no way to expedite this, you will have to wait until CRA gets back to you

2. We requested the consultant to put-in the application without NOA with an explanation letter and they mentioned that they are doing a paper-based application for us and it will not be possible to link later on - Also, mentioned only paper-based application is an option for spousal applications through consultants - IS THIS TRUE?

Yes It is true

3. The consultant (NIREN ASSOCIATES) took 4 months to evaluate my documents and did nothing and on top of it didn't inform me proactively about documents. This too they informed after my follow-ups. I'm now apprehensive about how they will handle the entire job ? Is there anyway to revoke or take action or complaint? Or is this how Immigration consultants work ? Has anyone has any experience with NIREN ASSOCIATES with respect to Spousal Applications ?

Too late now if you have already paid their fees and they have submitted your application. If you have not I highly suggest use Immigration Lawyer not a consultant. Do it yourself it is all in the Canadian website step by step rather than using a Consultant, they don’t usually have a whole ton of knowledge.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I would strongly suggest you read through the application materials yourself and double-check so that you can push back and ask questions if you doubt the ability of your consultants to respond well. Have you already submitted your application? If not, you can revoke at any time and prepare and submit yourself - but obviously you may lose what you've paid up-front.

At any rate, look at page 5 of the IMM1344 form, which is the part that asks for your notice of assessment. It says quite clearly if you cannot provide the NOA, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant financial documentation (i.e. to show you can support, this might be bank account savings, other info on income, etc.)

And your consultant is not entirely correct that it is not possible to "link" information later on. You CAN submit a webform after the submission to provide the NOA when available. It is more difficult to submit this information - because you may have difficulty specifying sufficiently the file without the file number, and IRCC may take some time to figure it out, as it won't be high priority - but it can be done.

Now it's up to you and the consultant whether it is better to wait for the notice of assessment or if what you have already in hand to show ability to support is sufficient. That's a separate question, and it may be better to wait until you get the NOA (I've no idea). But it is certainly possible to submit without waiting and to link information later (although not necessarily easy).

SuMo16

Sep 29, 2020
I would strongly suggest you read through the application materials yourself and double-check so that you can push back and ask questions if you doubt the ability of your consultants to respond well. Have you already submitted your application? If not, you can revoke at any time and prepare and submit yourself - but obviously you may lose what you've paid up-front.

At any rate, look at page 5 of the IMM1344 form, which is the part that asks for your notice of assessment. It says quite clearly if you cannot provide the NOA, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant financial documentation (i.e. to show you can support, this might be bank account savings, other info on income, etc.)

And your consultant is not entirely correct that it is not possible to "link" information later on. You CAN submit a webform after the submission to provide the NOA when available. It is more difficult to submit this information - because you may have difficulty specifying sufficiently the file without the file number, and IRCC may take some time to figure it out, as it won't be high priority - but it can be done.

Now it's up to you and the consultant whether it is better to wait for the notice of assessment or if what you have already in hand to show ability to support is sufficient. That's a separate question, and it may be better to wait until you get the NOA (I've no idea). But it is certainly possible to submit without waiting and to link information later (although not necessarily easy).
Thanks a ton. I'll consider your suggestions.