+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
How did you submit Biometrics and medicals just in 1 month (February) when you are January applicant?
It is quite feasible for a Jan applicant to have gotten their AOR within a month or so then getting Bio and medical requests soon after that. That was pre covid, don't expect it to happen now.

Reactions: Dream_2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Everyone write to member of parliment in your constituency and demand clear communication from IRCC. We need to turn up the pressure
How do you expect CIC to expedite processing without having to hire a lot more people who are already trained to process files. Part of the delays are due to what is happening in other countries. If VACs are closed, doctors offices are closed to do medicals and embassies/consulates closed some people can’t be processed right now. IRCC does not know how long delays will be and it will likely depend on which home country they are applying from. Canada is reluctant to give out TRVs for everyone applying for PR because they may not be able to do things like biometrics and medicals and there is no easy way to send in passports in some countries. Canada wants to minimize who enters Canada to reduce the chance of people bringing covid to Canada and spreading the virus on the way to Canada. All these visitors will also not have private health insurance that covers covid since it is excluded by most policies. There also are people who are committing immigration fraud. Once you let someone into Canada it is very hard to remove them.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
How do you expect CIC to expedite processing without having to hire a lot more people who are already trained to process files. Part of the delays are due to what is happening in other countries. If VACs are closed, doctors offices are closed to do medicals and embassies/consulates closed some people can’t be processed right now. IRCC does not know how long delays will be and it will likely depend on which home country they are applying from. Canada is reluctant to give out TRVs for everyone applying for PR because they may not be able to do things like biometrics and medicals and there is no easy way to send in passports in some countries. Canada wants to minimize who enters Canada to reduce the chance of people bringing covid to Canada and spreading the virus on the way to Canada. All these visitors will also not have private health insurance that covers covid since it is excluded by most policies. There also are people who are committing immigration fraud. Once you let someone into Canada it is very hard to remove them.
You make really good points but immigration can still complete the first phase of the process (Sponsor Approval, Relationship evaluation and so on). They haven't even started on these tasks yet. Applicants from January are still waiting for their AOR1.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You make really good points but immigration can still complete the first phase of the process (Sponsor Approval, Relationship evaluation and so on). They haven't even started on these tasks yet. Applicants from January are still waiting for their AOR1.
There isn’t a huge rush if the rest of the application can’t be processed. There has been movement on applications since employees returned to work around a month ago. There may have been extra delays after they opened to make offices compatible with social distancing or only part of the staff may have returned. There are also likely a lot of discussions and work going on behind the scenes trying to figure out how to overcome processing obstacles. For example for inland PR there is now virtual COPRs. Many Canadian employees who worked abroad were likely told to return to Canada which also creates issues. Covid has created delays in almost everything. Many had surgeries cancelled and are only now being rescheduled even if it was for life threatening issues like cancer, organ transplant, major cardiac surgery, etc. Covid has impacted everyone in various ways.

Reactions: Teepayne

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, ¿Has anyone applied for a TRV tourist visa after applying for family sponsorship and was accepted for the TRV visa after COVI-19 ?????

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
There isn’t a huge rush if the rest of the application can’t be processed. There has been movement on applications since employees returned to work around a month ago. There may have been extra delays after they opened to make offices compatible with social distancing or only part of the staff may have returned. There are also likely a lot of discussions and work going on behind the scenes trying to figure out how to overcome processing obstacles. For example for inland PR there is now virtual COPRs. Many Canadian employees who worked abroad were likely told to return to Canada which also creates issues. Covid has created delays in almost everything. Many had surgeries cancelled and are only now being rescheduled even if it was for life threatening issues like cancer, organ transplant, major cardiac surgery, etc. Covid has impacted everyone in various ways.
Hi there! After my medical done , my application status showing 57% done and decision made. But they are not informing about what decision they have been made. Can anyone please tell me whats their decision is? And when they will send my another update or passport request? 57% means what!! Please help anyone

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello, ¿Has anyone applied for a TRV tourist visa after applying for family sponsorship and was accepted for the TRV visa after COVI-19 ?????
I just applied for my second trv waiting for an answer. But my lawyer just told me one of her clients also applied for sponsorship and just got their spouse 2 days ago approval for visit visa

Reactions: KATHIA08

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
I just applied for my second trv waiting for an answer. But my lawyer just told me one of her clients also applied for sponsorship and just got their spouse 2 days ago approval for visit visa
Interesting, please keep us posted. Hope it goes well for you.

Levi1337

Mar 24, 2020
My wife sent all the paper work at 6th of april, to spouse sponsorship me. We didn't receive any email or any Information yet. It has been 3 month... Is this normal ? I believe they should email us with application number to track our progress right ? Please help

manbir87

Jul 1, 2020
India
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
Med's Request
05-03-2021
Med's Done....
03-04-2021
CONGRATS on your marriage. Wish U guys happy married life together.

Since we all are facing COVID-19 situation , there is no need to worry about not having many guests or gatherings.

Q3 =Explain same way who knows whom here, all combined.

Q4= Explain as you did here.

Q7= Here both of you can write as this:- We lived in the same city from xxx to xxx. We met each other daily. here you can explain a combined story. You already answered correctly , so briefly explain all here.

Q9 Again explain briefly COVID-9 situations why you could not do huge celebrations.
Hope it is helpful :)
Thanks alot singleman for your reply

Reactions: singleman